Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Retaliation Article - Issue: Neut&Clan

Retaliation Article - Issue: Neut&Clan

I wrote this in response to the article linked to on the character selection part of logging in: "100 million credits for kicking Clanner butt!" (( if you haven't read it - http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...oncredits.html ))

---

When reality has infected a game, does it then render that escape... that separation originally supplied to players... negated? That is what I am seeing here, after all. It’s nothing more than a bleeding of our dreadful reality into something that was intended as entertainment. Real prejudices, real biases... real generalizations... tweaked to accommodate this different world with different boundaries.

Definition: an adverse judgment or opinion formed beforehand, or without, knowledge or examination of the facts; detriment or injury caused to a person by the preconceived and/or unreasonable conviction of another or others.

Prejudice.

So what is the excuse for said (identifiable) prejudice? Yes, there are some ignorant and childish players out there who have taken it upon themselves to unjustifiably induce insult and injury upon our brethren of a different faction. However, how does this speak for all Clanners out there? I, personally, am part of a very peaceful and loving Guild. None of my brothers or sisters would willingly harm a single soul, even in justified retaliation. I know, for a fact, that I am not alone in representing a guild of this disposition. Transgressions are made, and retaliation, I truly believe, is deserved for such, but not against the general masses.

The many should not suffer for the crimes of the few ((but, oh so often, it is not possible to keep this from occurring)).

In my opinion, the actions I am seeing take place on the part of the Neutrals have only sunk them to the level of their aggressors, if not lower. Maturity is not in revenge, it is in proving that you are better, and finding a solution of more beneficial means to the whole. Also, while they are protecting their right to be neutral, suddenly it doesn't seem like this is what they are at all. To be neutral, you cannot have one singular belief that you truly support to the last, diehard breath. A true neutral specimen does not align with, support, or favor any/either side in a war, dispute or competition-based event.

So why does it seem like the Neutrals have just become an off-breed of Omni; aiding and abetting these individuals that we have opposed in our own vehement desire to establish what we believe in? 100 million credits... and all they are doing is hurting. Everyone. In war, even the innocents suffer. Still... why are they making it all the more easier for those who do not seek harm unto themselves or others to suffer the lashes? For once, I'm ashamed of my neutral brethren...

I thought you had better ethics than this.

Re: Retaliation Article - Issue: Neut&Clan

Originally posted by Iphyxiation
    I wrote this in response to the article linked to on the character selection part of logging in: "100 million credits for kicking Clanner butt!" (( if you haven't read it - http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...oncredits.html ))

---
    When reality has infected a game, does it then render that escape... that separation originally supplied to players... negated? That is what I am seeing here, after all. It’s nothing more than a bleeding of our dreadful reality into something that was intended as entertainment. Real prejudices, real biases... real generalizations... tweaked to accommodate this different world with different boundaries.
    Also read these threads if you havn't, its all related.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=93036

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=93015

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=93062

We are human. Every single one of us. Humans have emotions. We all have real emotions. Whether one plays a game, is in a play on stage, or doing their own thing in the world, we all have feelings and emotions. No one I know of takes their prejudices out of game... do you go around in RL and call people clanner scum? or Omni? It is only related to the game. If I met someone out of game, thats annoyed me in game, I wouldnt' go out and dispence some justice in RL heh ... its all kept in game. Hell, in RL I'm near a totally different person ;p As it is, people are people ... no way of getting around that except by playing a single player game. The people, regardless how much others may hate some, is what makes these types of worlds truly alive.

Definition: an adverse judgment or opinion formed beforehand, or without, knowledge or examination of the facts; detriment or injury caused to a person by the preconceived and/or unreasonable conviction of another or others.

Prejudice.

So what is the excuse for said (identifiable) prejudice? Yes, there are some ignorant and childish players out there who have taken it upon themselves to unjustifiably induce insult and injury upon our brethren of a different faction. However, how does this speak for all Clanners out there? I, personally, am part of a very peaceful and loving Guild. None of my brothers or sisters would willingly harm a single soul, even in justified retaliation. I know, for a fact, that I am not alone in representing a guild of this disposition. Transgressions are made, and retaliation, I truly believe, is deserved for such, but not against the general masses.

The many should not suffer for the crimes of the few ((but, oh so often, it is not possible to keep this from occurring)).

It does not speak for all the clans. Nor does one org usually set precedent for the rest to follow; but in some cases, it is the way things are. In society, the many almost always have to do things because of the few ... if everyone behaved themselves, there would be no laws. Sometimes, those laws have to be made because of the few. Sometimes, the few don't understand, and have to be made to understand. In this case, the many pay for the fault of the few.

I am not saying it is right, but it is how things are done. Pass not into a restricted zone, and feel the effects not. This is but a temperary solution to a temporary problem. In time, things will get better... or worse. We have to wait and see before that call can be made, but for now, the future is bleak.

In my opinion, the actions I am seeing take place on the part of the Neutrals have only sunk them to the level of their aggressors, if not lower. Maturity is not in revenge, it is in proving that you are better, and finding a solution of more beneficial means to the whole. Also, while they are protecting their right to be neutral, suddenly it doesn't seem like this is what they are at all. To be neutral, you cannot have one singular belief that you truly support to the last, diehard breath. A true neutral specimen does not align with, support, or favor any/either side in a war, dispute or competition-based event.

The man living on the street may be more mature then I, but at least I am warm, and I can live with that. When the immature take everything from you, you can stand on high and praise your higherself, but at night ... in the cold and alone ... will it matter to many? You will be alone and shivering. It is not immature to defend your home friend. It is the duty of any person to protect their property and lives. This, is not immature. In the short term, things will look bleak. In the long term, the future will look brighter as the storm passes. To not do anything will let the plague continue to ravage the lands. this can not be allowed to continue. Its like amputating an arm, to save the rest of your body. Should the choice have to be made, I don't know many that will let the infection consume them.

We are neutral. Neutral, is a matter of perspectives. Like many things in life, there are some things people will defend with their dying breath. If this can exist, and has for all man kind, how can anyone in history ever be classed as neutral? Look at the old world. Some countries were classed as neutral, but should they be assulted enough, or brought into the fight, then they were no longer neutral. Did those once neutrals ever need to declare a side they were on? Could they have only retaliated on those that caused them pain and still be considered neutral?

That is highly debatable, but I will say yes, they still are neutral. They defend their fortress, they do not seek to conquer, to take over, to take a side ... they only wish to live. Everyone has a right to live. Everyone has a right to defend their property. On Rubi-ka, we do not favor clan or omni. We care less in the war the two wage. Our conflict is with the organizations that have brought conflict to us. All of them Clan, save one or two. Your own specific org has not assulted any of us, no ... but as is often the case, the few declare policy for the many. Failure to police other orgs in your faction can subject you to the rules that are placed on them. Did you aid them? No. Did you stop them? No. Many were rather oblivious or ignored the battles between neutral and clan until now.

We are not omni, We are our own people. The clans brought their battle to us, we did not assult the clans. Is it all orgs in the clans? No, but it is a good chunk of them.

So why does it seem like the Neutrals have just become an off-breed of Omni; aiding and abetting these individuals that we have opposed in our own vehement desire to establish what we believe in? 100 million credits... and all they are doing is hurting. Everyone. In war, even the innocents suffer. Still... why are they making it all the more easier for those who do not seek harm unto themselves or others to suffer the lashes? For once, I'm ashamed of my neutral brethren...

I thought you had better ethics than this.

In war, even the innocents suffer ... well said. I wish there could have been another way, but there isn't. We are not an off shoot of omni. If we are aiding their cause, it is only because the clans chose to assult neutrals and bring neutrals to fight them. The clans become destracted with neutral skirmishing and omni, your real enemy can walk in. This is a trouble the clans have brought themselves.

If our actions help one side or the other, it is not because we are intentionally helping the other side, we are conducting our own neutral buisness.

Perhaps ... in the future... clans will leave the neutrals alone. We strive not for conquest. We strive not for the extermination of one side or the other. We strive to live. We strive to survive. If we are attacked, we will defend.

There world is not just black and white friend, there are many shades of grey... all of them neutral. Only the red and blue at the ends can be clearly defined. In this world ... in many worlds... the answers to your questions are often the answer unseen.

Peace. And avoid Newland. If you do this, no harm will come to you.
    Last edited by Silinar; Jan 27th, 2003 at 08:51:48.
    Silinar: 104 Meta-physicist. Elite Operations.

“Man may never understand what we have done. But God will.” ~ George McKinney

Well spoken Silinar... well spoken.
    President Anisha "Trisagiona" Kenley of the Desert Winds

"Here is the price of freedom:
    Your every drop of courage,
    ounce of pain, pint of blood.
    Paid in advance."

Iphyxiation, I thought you didnt like it when people generalized entire groups? Or does that only apply when people make generalizations about your particular group? Arent you making generalizations about the neutrals? Do as I say, not as I do though right?
    You can reason with ignorance, but its pointless to argue with stupidity. Take care which category you fall into.

Re: Re: Retaliation Article - Issue: Neut&Clan

Originally posted by Silinar

There world is not just black and white friend, there are many shades of grey... all of them neutral. Only the red and blue at the ends can be clearly defined. In this world ... in many worlds... the answers to your questions are often the answer unseen.

Peace. And avoid Newland. If you do this, no harm will come to you.

*sigh*

I agreed with you up to this point.

Unfortunately, if your view of all omni and clan is this, then I am sorry friend, you do not practice what you preach.
    Demarcus "Cellestron" Lindner
    Agent, ~Mjlonir~

Re: Re: Re: Retaliation Article - Issue: Neut&Clan

I agree with Cellestron...

All I hear about is how Clans attack and kill Neutrals. The SIMPLE fact of the matter is that Omni do the same in equal or even greater numbers. I frequent NLC and MORE often than not I see Omni killing guards there.

I, and many fellow Clans, have rushed to the aid of Neutral bases on numerous occasions. I've even gone in defense when the attack came from a fellow clan...I can't say I've seen Omni stand up against their own for neutrals.

As to the Sentinels in Tir...a number of Clanners have periodically spent their time keeping them clear of the Tir whompa...Fixerben in particular. How many Neutrals will do the same in NLC, allowing free travel for Clans?

Sentinels, once again (god, I'm getting tired of saying this), are NOTHING more than criminal thugs. They should be shot dead anywhere they are found for the crimes against freedom they have visited upon Tir. That any of you believe the actions of criminals should be held against a society at large is BEYOND my meager means to understand. Instead of trying to punish ALL of us for something we fight against and abhore perhaps you would band together WITH us against the extremists in ALL factions.

I am disgusted by Silinar's 'shades of grey' for neutrals yet his denial of hues of red and blue for the rest of us...just another Neutral 'hollier than thou' attitude. *makes note to give Silinar what he expects and avoid responding to any call for help from this ONE person*

Have a nice day.

Originally posted by Cellestron

*sigh*

I agreed with you up to this point.

Unfortunately, if your view of all omni and clan is this, then I am sorry friend, you do not practice what you preach.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Retaliation Article - Issue: Neut&Clan

Originally posted by Nelida
    As to the Sentinels in Tir...a number of Clanners have periodically spent their time keeping them clear of the Tir whompa...Fixerben in particular. How many Neutrals will do the same in NLC, allowing free travel for Clans?
    I grow weary of being bagged with these that you say have:

"The clans brought their battle to us, we did not assult the clans. Is it all orgs in the clans? No, but it is a good chunk of them. "

Done this to you. I have done no such thing, and you will get no such sympathy from me. I have time and time again done much for Neutrals. The 2 largest Neutral guilds have entrusted their reputations to me. Can you say any such thing for yourself? Or can anyone else for that matter?

Silinar speak with your guild leader before ever accusing me of anything similar to what you have said here.

OOC: Christ people you asked to have a larger part in the game. And now you complain that we brought the war to you, thats kinda silly.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Re: Re: Retaliation Article - Issue: Neut&Clan

Not exactly, a more accurate statement would be "The world is not just black and white, there are many shades of grey... NONE of them neutral. Everyone who matters has chosen a side, even if they call themselves neutral, as I do. No one can avoid this conflict,no one is truely neutral, we all have an agenda here.

True there are some so called neutrals that think they can sit back and avoid the conflict, but in reality they are just meat for those hungry enough to devour them. And rightly so.

"Neutrals" come in all flavors: the independant, the buisnessman, the merc, the coward, the weak. but everyone has chosen a side, even if it is simply their own side.

Some neutrals, like myself dont care at all about the politics of the Clans and Omni, except that it is a continuous source of credits. I have worked as a merc for Omni and Clans, destroyed enemy towers for both, and destroyed friendly towers for both to satisfy greedy orgs who dont want to dirty their hands to steal an ally's Notum mine. It simply doesnt matter.

Sure my buisness has been accused of doing some things others find unsavory, maybe even criminal, but thats life I guess. (And there is no proof I ordered any murders, just a coincidence they all owed me money) Saying you just want to survive, just want freedom is sickening melodramatic drek. Who only wants to survive? Dont you want to prosper? Whats life without luxury?

So I guess my point is, stop crying. Its a harsh world, and if you cant defend yourself or protect your loved ones, move on or die. Or, you could always hire someone like me to help you. Dont expect someone else to make things safe for you, while you sit back and complain. Do it yourself, or hire someone who can.

But, no matter how you wrap it, the package is the same underneath, and so are all of you.
    Last edited by Fakonamo; Jan 27th, 2003 at 16:40:18.

"But, no matter how you wrap it, the package is the same underneath, and so are all of you."

You might want to clarify that statement before you make more enemies.

My appologies Cellestron, Nelida, and any others who may take offense at the last paragraph. I should mention and recognize there are indeed many hues of red, blue, and purple... but in a War, should there be? Of neutrals it is indeed expected. With two sides creating and carrying on a war, should hey both be devided? is there even a war?

Most clans and omni are not that chosen sides because of idealologies, and this is a war of ideals. Most members of clan and omni are there for various visible bonuses. Location, Equipment (token board anyone?), or because of friends. I have no problem with this, but I'd be willing to bet more then half of both omni and clan would be neutral to the idealogical battle and therefore more grey in coloring, then red and blue. I said the ends were clearly definable because of those that do indeed fight the idealogical fights. Anyone else is a shade of grey. They may not be neutral for the sheer fact that once you choose a side, you can't officially be neutral ... but they are still neutral in their hearts. Creating an organization to stop the fighting and get clan,omni, and neutral together, is a neutral persuit. Not a clan persuit.

Does this make sense or have I seemed to confuse everyone with the way I think? hehe.

Sentinels, once again (god, I'm getting tired of saying this), are NOTHING more than criminal thugs. . . That any of you believe the actions of criminals should be held against a society at large is BEYOND my meager means to understand. Instead of trying to punish ALL of us for something we fight against and abhore perhaps you would band together WITH us against the extremists in ALL factions.

When those criminal thugs as you put it run the faction, or shall I say, control the self proclaimed capitol of the clans. They can be percieved as the government of that side. Silverstone defenatly is sending out policy for neutrals to be shot on sight. Tho I understand the defensive measure. When a government leads a country to war, not everyone will agree, but near everyone will fight if asked to. I could sight historical thugs in government that have brought a country from prosperity to their proverbial knees. The Sentinals are doing this to the clans. All are not being punished. The action in newland is a defensive motion. Dont go there, and you will not see any issues. Hell, there may very well be only an issue outside because the newland city government may not lower the 100% suppression gas. Should omni attack those guards, I hope the guards are strong enough to wipe the floor with them.

Many neutrals will no band together to eleminate extremists because many neutrals are not normally extremists. I know EO tried to help with the Sentinal situation in Tir, and very many clans saw it as an assult on Tir itself. Many clansmen and women see an action against a clan, as an action against themselves. While I do admire the cohesiveness in these situations, it does not do clan credit when they defend their "criminals and thugs".

I don't normally sit outside newland whatching the slaughter of our guards because I'm usually defending our towers from clan assults. This is not a slur agaisnt the clans, its fact.

I do not know what neutral bases you have rushed to the aid of, because quite frankly, I havn't seen it. Not one of EO's bases were helped defended by clan from clan. Perhaps you helped IRK's, but I know not EO. Unfortunatly this is the only perspective I have, and defending one base from one assult, does not constitute numerous. Truth be hold, there arn't that many neumerous neutral bases.

Hold me in contempt for telling the truth if you want Nelida, but it is the way it is.

Cellestron, I don't see how the quote you have from me can be seen as me not practicing what I preach... I live by my actions, and I tell only action and the motivations behind them. Perhaps this post cleared the objections up?

Peace.
    Silinar: 104 Meta-physicist. Elite Operations.

“Man may never understand what we have done. But God will.” ~ George McKinney

Cellestron, I don't see how the quote you have from me can be seen as me not practicing what I preach... I live by my actions, and I tell only action and the motivations behind them. Perhaps this post cleared the objections up?

Peace.

Not really, but then again I've never been accused of being smart.

Anyway, Peace to you as well.............
    Demarcus "Cellestron" Lindner
    Agent, ~Mjlonir~

OOC: If I was going to be on a side for location or equipment advantages, I would sure as heck be Omni. I chose Cland becuase I beleive in Freedom.

Originally posted by Fixerben
    "But, no matter how you wrap it, the package is the same underneath, and so are all of you."

You might want to clarify that statement before you make more enemies.
    Enemies arent a problem, everyone has them, I've had them for years. I'm still here, they arent.

But to clarify:

No matter what ideology you cling to (Freedom, Corperate gain etc) everyone is the same. Its all a matter of perspective. The clans see Omni as enemy, criminals, evil. Omnis see clans are the enemy, criminals, evil. (I leave out neutrals because we are a non-faction) Politics aside, what are the real differences between a clanner and an omni (yes I am generalizing I know)? Not much. All anyone wants to to live and prosper. Clans dont have a lock on that. Why do you think that people work for Omni-Tek afterall? The only difference in all of us is the road we take to get to the finish line.

So you see, under all this drek about politics and ideology, noble causes and evil, we're all the same, we want to live and prosper. Except that some of us see it.

I see very well your point. And "the road we take" refers to, how many atrocities we are willing to commit to get what we want. Or who we will step on to get there.

"Enemies arent a problem, everyone has them, I've had them for years. I'm still here, they arent."

As for that statement. Just be careful who your enemies are.

Exactly Fixerben! Now you get it. Although again, atrocities are in the eye of the beholder. One mans massacre is another's victory. Anyone who allows themselves to be stepped on deserves it, its survival of the fittest, not a romp through the daisey field. Its the will to do what it takes, whatever it takes, that wins wars. If you dont do it, you enemy will. Either way, I profit.

I got it a long time ago. But still an atrocity is an atrocity. No matter how you look at it. To kill is kill. Murder is murder. Oppinion is of no consequence when a life ends, or someone is hurt.

If someone shot Nevver (peaceful Omni), I would feel just as bad as if they had shot Vixentrox (Cute/Peaceful clanner), or if they had shot Yarko (Peaceful neutral). Some considered the Dust Brigade bombing that apartment building an atrocity, and some viewed it as a blessing.

Even as a Clanner I viewed it as an atrocity. No one deserves that. There are no gray shades or prejudices in my mind.

By promoting the selective killing of Clan over Omni, even though Omni crimes against Neutrals are AS prevalent as Clan crimes, you are NO longer Neutral.

You seem to be blind to the numerous attacks by Omni against Neutrals...why would this be unless you are an Omni sympathizer? Hence are no longer neutral?

Sentinels took over Tir without ANY request from Clans...we have virtually no control over it except when a few brave souls like Fixerben take it upon themselves to kill the Tir whompa Sentinel guards as fast as they spawn. In other words some of us DO keep our criminals at bay. Do YOU do the same? (That was rhetorical, of course you do NOT.)

"Should Omni attack those guards..." What? Do you pay ANY attention to what goes on outside the NLC gates? I see Omni killing NLC guards FAR more often than Clanners. The few times I've seen Clan killing guards I've both berated them for it and contacted their guild leaders. More often than not it has resulted in them stopping what they were doing. How many Omni have you seen or heard of trying to police their own? (Again that was rhetorical...no need to embarass yourself by answering.)

The "truth"? Your stereotyped neutral 'holier than thou' attitude is showing through again...

I travel through NLC all the time and will continue to do so. If the thugs you call guards decide to attack me I'll respond by either mesmerising their small minds or just killing them in return. I will never deny any citizen of RK free travel NOR will I be denyed free travel. Period, the end.

My appologies Cellestron, Nelida, and any others who may take offense at the last paragraph. I should mention and recognize there are indeed many hues of red, blue, and purple... but in a War, should there be? Of neutrals it is indeed expected. With two sides creating and carrying on a war, should hey both be devided? is there even a war?

Most clans and omni are not that chosen sides because of idealologies, and this is a war of ideals. Most members of clan and omni are there for various visible bonuses. Location, Equipment (token board anyone?), or because of friends. I have no problem with this, but I'd be willing to bet more then half of both omni and clan would be neutral to the idealogical battle and therefore more grey in coloring, then red and blue. I said the ends were clearly definable because of those that do indeed fight the idealogical fights. Anyone else is a shade of grey. They may not be neutral for the sheer fact that once you choose a side, you can't officially be neutral ... but they are still neutral in their hearts. Creating an organization to stop the fighting and get clan,omni, and neutral together, is a neutral persuit. Not a clan persuit.

Does this make sense or have I seemed to confuse everyone with the way I think? hehe.

When those criminal thugs as you put it run the faction, or shall I say, control the self proclaimed capitol of the clans. They can be percieved as the government of that side. Silverstone defenatly is sending out policy for neutrals to be shot on sight. Tho I understand the defensive measure. When a government leads a country to war, not everyone will agree, but near everyone will fight if asked to. I could sight historical thugs in government that have brought a country from prosperity to their proverbial knees. The Sentinals are doing this to the clans. All are not being punished. The action in newland is a defensive motion. Dont go there, and you will not see any issues. Hell, there may very well be only an issue outside because the newland city government may not lower the 100% suppression gas. Should omni attack those guards, I hope the guards are strong enough to wipe the floor with them.

Many neutrals will no band together to eleminate extremists because many neutrals are not normally extremists. I know EO tried to help with the Sentinal situation in Tir, and very many clans saw it as an assult on Tir itself. Many clansmen and women see an action against a clan, as an action against themselves. While I do admire the cohesiveness in these situations, it does not do clan credit when they defend their "criminals and thugs".

I don't normally sit outside newland whatching the slaughter of our guards because I'm usually defending our towers from clan assults. This is not a slur agaisnt the clans, its fact.

I do not know what neutral bases you have rushed to the aid of, because quite frankly, I havn't seen it. Not one of EO's bases were helped defended by clan from clan. Perhaps you helped IRK's, but I know not EO. Unfortunatly this is the only perspective I have, and defending one base from one assult, does not constitute numerous. Truth be hold, there arn't that many neumerous neutral bases.

Hold me in contempt for telling the truth if you want Nelida, but it is the way it is.

Peace. [/B]

I knew there was a reason I liked you so much Nelida

OOC:

This thread has wandered in and out of character so much, I need a program to know all the players. but here goes.

IC:

I think you are all missing the larger point here. I think you all chose the wrong side in this war, and are now reaping the consequenses.

Let me point out a few flaws.

"Peaceful Clanners"...There are no peaceful clanners. They are all dirt loving anarchists and terrorists. If your intention was to not take up arms in this war, you should have been Neutral. Omni is the Status Quo...Clans only exists to overthrow Omni...If you want to preserve the sanctity of life, your choice to be Clan was ill born.

Opinion DOES matter. If it is my opinion that my family, home, and place of employment will be safer every time I pull the trigger on a claner, well where is the atrocity? Before you answer, dont forget that the clans are the ones fighting the status quo. Without their desire to do me and my corporation harm, there IS NO THREAT to violate the sanctity of human life.

Without the rise of the clans, Omni would have continued its existence without war on Rubi-Ka. The nuetral faction would always be there as those few who simply chose to live outside the organization, in disagreement, but not in conflict.

Lets face it, this war is about Greed. Plain and simple. Let me explain. In every society there will be strata. Some people will be rich, and some people will be poor. Some will work at desks and some will work with shovels...It takes all layers of peolpe for a society to exist, and the bigger the civilization, the more in quantity and variation those layers become. But they all must realise that they are all important. That execuitive needs a Bronto Chef on his lunch break. That Bronto Chef needs a waste driod engineer to maintain a fleet of collector driods to remove the waste...Strata...there are no single layer societies. The way it should work is that everone works in their job, hoping to provide their offspring with a chance at the next strata up, Growing the society out from the bottom, and improving the standatd of living for the whole.

Thats how it should work. Is Omni perfect? No, not in a macroscopic view, No society ever is, and no generation has yet to pass that can grasp that a civilization does not live and die as they do, it goes on before and after them indefinately.

But the Clan is worse. So much worse, because it is all built on lies and deception. The entire house of cards is held together by the promise that one day when Rubi-Ka is free of Omni, everyone will be equal. No rich, No poor. Everyone will work the same and have the same paycheck, and eat the same food.

/me spits.

The worst thing about this lie, is that fools will belive it, and spill the blood of hard working citizens who want nothing more that to draw a paycheck and feed their families.

Say for a second that your Clan uprising is successful. While you are all sitting down to your table eating the same dinner as every equal brother, who is cleaning the sewers that are filling with your waste? Who is maintaining the lifts and doors at your appartment building? Who is assembling your cars? Who is mining your Notum? Who is doing all the millions of jobs that are needed to make sure your sanctimonious Feast of Equal Brothers wont be your last?

You will replace Omni with annother corporation to do all those jobs you never consider.

How many of you took ancient literature in school? Back on earth many thousands of years ago there was a writer named H.G.Wells. He wrote a book called "Animal Farm". It bears reading.
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Just a clarification here, those so-called neutral guards are not necissarily welcome, they are ICC (which OT is in fact a part of). They came in and took over, much like the Sentinels, except with less violence. Regardless they are unwelcome by some neutrals, especially since they cut into my buisness. More power to anyone who wants to remove them.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast