Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Omni Leader victim of Omni-Pol

Blackpetal, the answer is quite simple. You kill someone out of punishment or vengeance, but also to ensure that can no longer betray you again.

On the contrary, you maim someone our of punishment or vengeance, but more importantly so that they can drift about and serve as an example for those who may be engaged in or contemplating taking the same types of actions.

Naturally, this is entirely theoretical and has aboslutely no bearing on the matter at hand.

Two things:

1) So this makes OmniPol's actions justified? They use medieval torture to keep order and people tell me the clans are uncivilised?

2) I guess OmniPol feels that everyone should be made an example. It doesn't matter if they've committed a crime! They could commit a crime and thats what counts!
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Originally Posted by Alemexis

You kill someone out of punishment or vengeance, but also to ensure that can no longer betray you again.
    That's true! So no one would be happier than I, if the dog was permanently put out of our collective miseries.

Find him! Hack his terminal! Shoot him! Plain and simple.
    Hattie "Ditzie" Wagner
    Director of "Devil's Advocate"
    A Division of "Omni-Reform"

Originally posted by Ditzie

That's true! So no one would be happier than I, if the dog was permanently put out of our collective miseries.

Find him! Hack his terminal! Shoot him! Plain and simple.
    Oh dear God what have I started...

/me sighs

With all the technology of Omni-Tek behind them, I find it hard to believe that OP would resort to such crude tactics in order to get a confession. Surely a mind probe would be sufficient.

Secondly I doubt if Omni-Tek would allow such blatant violations if only because it would provide ammunition for the ICC. Though should there be rogue members of Omni-Pol then I suppose it is possible that such violations could occur.

Or could it be a conspiracy both to remove Lehx from leadership of the Agency and implicate Omni-Pol at the same time? Two birds with one stone so to speak.

There seems to be a lot more going on here then what appears.

Aenie Russi

Originally posted by Miria
    With all the technology of Omni-Tek behind them, I find it hard to believe that OP would resort to such crude tactics in order to get a confession. Surely a mind probe would be sufficient.

Secondly I doubt if Omni-Tek would allow such blatant violations if only because it would provide ammunition for the ICC. Though should there be rogue members of Omni-Pol then I suppose it is possible that such violations could occur.

Or could it be a conspiracy both to remove Lehx from leadership of the Agency and implicate Omni-Pol at the same time? Two birds with one stone so to speak.

There seems to be a lot more going on here then what appears.

Aenie Russi
    Twice I have had to rescue my friends from Templus, and Omni-Pol's brand of interrogation. It seems to me that Omni-Pol only understands Brutality.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Originally posted by Fixerben

Twice I have had to rescue my friends from Templus, and Omni-Pol's brand of interrogation. It seems to me that Omni-Pol only understands Brutality.
    More and more the name Templus appears in all this. Could the General be trying to take control of OP away from Meister? Because Meister was never this crude. I'm not saying he couldn't be heavy-handed but destroying someone's eyes?

But if Templus is doing all this, she MUST have support from someone higher up in OP than Meister.

Aenie Russi
    Last edited by Aniee; Jan 28th, 2003 at 22:09:43.

Interesting... I need to check our records. From what i can see so far is, that we are not involved in this whole incident. And no, Lehx has never been leader of Omni-Pol. The following people were leaders at some time before me (the 6 months before I got leadership of this guild):

Nurselily (i think that was her name)
    Crynusx
    Demikin
    Violentdeath

Omni-Pol would not shoot people without reason. Omni-Pol would not have someone be reinstated without eyes. Any accusations towards Omni-Pol in this thread are unfounded and premature.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

This whole argument would never had been started, nor Lehx's eye's be "missing" if Omni-Pol had let the proper department, Intern-Ops, handle the job instead of rearing their head into a matter that was out of their jurisdiction.
    Randa "Lesentia" Forejt

Whisper's Edge

"Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill..."
    -Cypher, The Matrix

InternOps is responsible for gathering the intel. For bringing in the facts. Omni-Pol is the department to act, to execute the orders, to keep law and order. I am sorry, but i disagree with your view that Intern Ops should have handled this case.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.

Originally posted by Meister
    Interesting... I need to check our records. From what i can see so far is, that we are not involved in this whole incident. And no, Lehx has never been leader of Omni-Pol. The following people were leaders at some time before me (the 6 months before I got leadership of this guild):

Nurselily (i think that was her name)
    Crynusx
    Demikin
    Violentdeath

Omni-Pol would not shoot people without reason. Omni-Pol would not have someone be reinstated without eyes. Any accusations towards Omni-Pol in this thread are unfounded and premature.
    Yes Nurselily was one.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

((I knew that the forum archive would come in handy))

Omni Intern-Ops
    Omni-InternOps handles cross-departmental security, counter-espionage, and internal investigations, excluding Omni-Pol and Omni-AF.

This case falls under the area of both counter-espionage and cross-departmental security. Mr. Western was selling intelligence to criminals.This is the main reason for Intern-Ops to have been in charge of the investigation and arrest, not Omni-Pol. The only part that OP should have been involved in is to capture the criminals who he sold the itelligence to.
    Randa "Lesentia" Forejt

Whisper's Edge

"Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill..."
    -Cypher, The Matrix

In accordance with OTRK and Omni Pol jusrisdiction this case file has now been

SEALED

Only officers in Omni Pol of Higher Ranking than myself (General Lida "Templus" Pierce) have the authority to unseal the Offical Omni Pol accounting of this Case

And further information regarding this case not comming from Omni Pol is to be taken as Lies

Any parties spreading false information regarding this case is and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Signed
    General Lida "Templus" Pierce
    General Omni Pol
    -Making new friends since April 29475

-My mind is aglow with whirling transient nodes of thought...careening through a cosmic vapor of invention.

InternOps should have handled the investigation, and details conerning this... However, Omni-Pol is not outside their rights to act upon a tip such as this. So, both are correct, in a sense.

Hopefully, this matter will be settled properly, and with care.

What is troubling about this whole thing, is when Clanners speak out about how Omni-Tek is run... The day I sit by and let these terrorist scum-bags try to tell US how the Company is run, is the day I eat my Katara Shades! They have no place quoting our policy at any time, or complaining about 'harrassment' when they're in Omni-Tek Territory. When they cross that border, they are breaking the law, and if they think a little attitude is too much, they should stop, and be thankful they didn't get a trip back to reclaim.

Now, I'm all for peace, so long as the law is followed, but if you break Omni-Tek Law, be prepared to suffer the consequences.
    *Cuts to the cold static of an ended Grid-feed...*

Division 9 RSGE

Omni Intern-Ops
    Omni-InternOps handles cross-departmental security, counter-espionage, and internal investigations, excluding Omni-Pol and Omni-AF.

This case falls under the area of both counter-espionage and cross-departmental security. Mr. Western was selling intelligence to criminals.This is the main reason for Intern-Ops to have been in charge of the investigation and arrest, not Omni-Pol. The only part that OP should have been involved in is to capture the criminals who he sold the itelligence to.
    If Intern Ops had been the department that gathered the information, then you could have handled the case. Since it was Omni-Pol that apparently got the information, it was us who dealt with the case. However, it is closed now and no further information will be revealed. Good day.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol

((OOC: I just realized something (and correct me if I'm wrong) - isn't The Agency a division of Omni-Pol that was established by Omni-Pol to "clean up" Omni-1 Entertainment? I think I remember hearing this when Lehx started it up. If this is the case, then this actually wouldn't be an InternOps matter because The Agency is a division of OP.

If The Agency isn't, then it's a jurisdiction issue. If Meister says it OP territory, then it's up to Drlog or Bonefish (as the ranking leaders of InternOps-affiliated departments) to make the call as to whether or not they get involved, or whether they concede authority of the file to Omni-Pol.))

Exclamation clearin it up

((The Agency is an independent org, closely related to Omni-Pol, and allowed jurisdiction over intelligence matter by the aforesaid. Therefore, the Agency is NOT an omni-pol branch, but DOES have jurisdiction over this case... Any questions? :P))

((He means an IC branch, not a physical. If you are your own department, you'd be under InternOps jurisdiction))
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Post A Public announcement by our beloved Rizzior

Ladies and Gentlemen, in light of recent events, including the current jurisdiction issues, the Agency, including the IaI, is now independent of Omni-Pol and Intern-Ops, because of refusal to work under the latter. The Agency will still continue to cooperate with Omni-Pol, but now as fellow organizations instead of subordinates. The investigation for Western continues, and the Agency WILL find him and make sure he gets what he deserves for betraying the great Omni-Tek.

Thank you for your attention,
    Garfield "Rizzior" Peak

Exclamation Re: A Public announcement by our beloved Rizzior

"our beloved Rizzior"? When did that happen? ^_^;;

-Blackpetal

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast