Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cockpit view from Yalhama

One other thing that would be nice for flyers would be to enable the '5' key to 'center and level' you out, as it does in first person non-flying. It does nothing while you're flying, so it's a bit hard at times to 'level out'.

Man, I keep getting run over on the streets, everywhere... CoT needs to start requiring drivers licenses....
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Ok, just to let you know, I have made the suggestion to the designers (both suggestions). I'll check on it regularly.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Cookies for Cosmik (and Cz too, I guess. :-)

You know, we once gave Dynamix a lot of good beer for doing a good job. Keep it up, and you never know.

One more thing...

I agree with this thread and also the bit that someone said about trading the cars. Why are they NoDrop? I finally got a yalm and now have 3 cars I dont use and would like to give them/sell them to friends and guildees. Why can't we do this?
    My thoughts,
    Uwen
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

It makes twinking, well, easier, since you don't have to look for the car... but that isn't a very good reason. I like NODROP because it is impossible to accidentally drop the Yalm. :-)

Easy fix

Just hold Ctrl button and right mouse button and you can move the yalm out if sight for an unobstructed wiev!

Originally posted by J_Monk
    FUZZY DICE ON OUR REAR VIEW MIRRORS!!!!!
    ohhh yaa )
    ~Alay

Yeah I like the security the NoDrop provides but I still think they should be tradable. Even though it would prevent people from twinking with a yalm, you can still twink the person so they will have enough cash to buy one so they really dont have a reason to make it NoDrop.
    Again, just my thoughts,
    Uwen
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

re: nodrop

it really has no effect on 'twinking',
    as it's just as easy to trade 5mil as it would be a plane ..
    all it really does is make it even harder to re-roll for the
    less wealthy who worked a long time to earn that 5mil.

i vote to make them tradeable,
    but not dropable/lootable if that can be done.

Originally posted by Cosmik
    Actually, when I first heard vehicles were being placed into Anarchy Online the first thought that popped into my head was being able to drive them in first person cockpit view. I'd still really like to see that. A good suggestion and I'll pass it onto the designers.
    That post was back in February

Hey Cosmik,

How about a little feedback, I would still really like this change and I'm sure others would, too.

I am afraid that the idea got lost somewhere as Funcom has had other much more serious issues to deal with.

Now that IP reset has come, the game is stable, and class balance is fine (at least to me), it is time to smooth out the rough edges.
    "So shines a good deed in a weary world."

Cos, can you throw another idea in there?

Current size for the yalm is converted into a hoverboard. Your character is shown in a pose on top. Costs about 100k.

The size you see in places like Pleasent Meadows is a flying vehicle. Costs the 5mil. Inside, there is cockpit glass and you can see the character sitting inside. Also, we can paint it.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Bump.

Never used a yalm till the other day. (Used qws till then.)

The first person view is very annoying.

But it's not limited to yalms. There are lots of animations that could do with some cleaning up in first person view. Adv animal forms leap to mind. I can't even play in wolf form etc because of the view.

Just make first person view completely unobstructed period. Or give us an option like the nobob camera option so people can choose. (In case there are people who enjoy the clutter.)

BUMP if they cost so much they need a better first person view.

...and...

Please please make cars and planes normal size again, this is ridiculous...

yes 1st person view is no fun ! Something as to be done !

... but I don't have a Yalm

I bump, because it's Hobbes
    Stercoral.

Circle G Inc. - Your safety is our business.
    http://nattguiden.no/circle-g/

For the price of a yalm we should have better cockpit view...
    (I'm a new and happy yalm owner)
    Stercoral.

Circle G Inc. - Your safety is our business.
    http://nattguiden.no/circle-g/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12