Thread: Comments on the actual background chapters

Comments on the actual background chapters

Ok, I may be nitpicking here, but does anyone else find the chapters from the bookthink someone would help this guy out with a little editing, e... well, badly written? I really mean no offense to Tornquist, but it gets annoying to see italics used so damn much, and endless paragraphs that are barely three sentences long, not to mention cliche after cliche after cliche.

Now I'm very forgiving about video game-type prose (eg, Panzer Dragoon Saga is a great example of ok story but fantastic implementation), but in a game that's supposedly so built on a story (which seem to be somewhat of a joke from perusing these forums), background information jumps in importance from being a few pages in an instruction manual to the entire focus of the experience. You would think someone would help this guy out by pointing him towards an editor, eh?

In all fairness, I have no idea what he's working with and have not attempted any kind of similar venture. *HOWEVER*, if Funcom decides to throw a plot summary my way, I would definitely (attempt to) give Tornquist a run for his money. For free even. Someone's gotta tighten up the word hashing! Hehe :-)
    Last edited by Lidocaineus; Feb 2nd, 2002 at 10:14:19.