Thread: OOC: AO fan fiction links plz :)

AO fan fiction links plz :)

Okay, here is the deal, if u have some fan fiction then post the link here, even though its to some board, or an old post here (im too lazy to find it myself )

The idea is to gather them all and post them on my site, which ive made for this idea.

Now, if u dont like writing, but like reading, then just pay it a visit, ive written a little story there already

http://www.icc-central.net/

Ohh... the downlaod section have a few AO desktops from the AO intro

@Savoy: ill be posting your guild stories as well as soon as i can get them
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

What a splendid idea!

Here's my article on Willy Snelton, the legendary fixer and troubadour. It's a "multimedia experience." *cough*

Good luck with the site, it sounds very useful.
    Tenfour, Scienceleet, Abhaya, all on Atlantean
    AO Stuff

up you go
    AO Stuff

Wow, I really liked your Willy Snelton page, Kronocide. But I was left with one nagging question. What exactly is a troubadour(and a mitaar)?
    Advisor of First Light
    Tradeskill How-To's, Engineer Profession Guides, and Jello Wrestling at The Tir School of Engineering
    Confused by Alien Tech? Check out my Alien Invasion Guides

New to Engineering? Try HighOrbit's Engineer Guide. Thanks HighOrbit

Ok I found out:

troubadour n : a singer of folk songs

but I couldn't find a mitaar
    Advisor of First Light
    Tradeskill How-To's, Engineer Profession Guides, and Jello Wrestling at The Tir School of Engineering

Edit: Thanks!

Lyricia, a mitaar is an old instrument consisting of a wooden resonance box and four to twelve strings made of metal or dried animal guts. The strings are different length and thickness and produces different sounds when struck. The player also presses the strings down against the wood to shorten them, to produce even more tones. It's quite complicated and nothing like modern instruments. It's still used today by some folk singers who want to get that genuine sound however.
    Last edited by Kronocide; Jan 25th, 2003 at 02:29:40.
    AO Stuff

((You can add my own stories to your site if you wish, even if I've myself put them on a site of my own already. I bet there are enough text to make a start --> points link in sig ))
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Originally posted by Kronocide
    Edit: Thanks!

Lyricia, a mitaar is an old instrument consisting of a wooden resonance box and four to twelve strings made of metal or dried animal guts. The strings are different length and thickness and produces different sounds when struck. The player also presses the strings down against the wood to shorten them, to produce even more tones. It's quite complicated and nothing like modern instruments. It's still used today by some folk singers who want to get that genuine sound however.
    Thanks Kronocide!

I dont know why I just thought of this but a few days ago I saw a man playing a saw(Yes a saw!) like a musical instrument on tv. He was pretty good at it too.
    Advisor of First Light

Heyas, saw the post and had to post my own link =0). This is a lil story I wrote awhiles ago for the Mercury Dragons writing contest (and won first place =0D ).

http://www.geocities.com/mistress_ve...esByPunks.html

so yeahs, there's my lil addition to the post =0)

~/\/\istress \/ex~

http://www.geocities.com.mistress_vex

Originally posted by Kronocide
    What a splendid idea!

Here's my article on Willy Snelton, the legendary fixer and troubadour. It's a "multimedia experience." *cough*

Good luck with the site, it sounds very useful.
    It looks like someone found Willy Snelton's Mitaar ^_^
    Advisor of First Light

Woohooo!!! I don't believe it! That is so cool. Thanks FC for that excellent piece of recognition.
    AO Stuff