Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tokens, the once nice feature, but got no reason now

Sorry, did I step on your oyster?

Since most of these missions - consistent with the whole concept of a "merit" board - are about the player contributing to his faction's struggle against the enemy faction, collecting tokens should earn a small advantage for your faction.

I have very little tolerance or sympathy for people who think they ought to be able to travel through 2HO or 4 Holes unhindered in the name of doing a mission which they chose *knowing* it would require travel through PvP territory.

The entire borderland between Clan and Omni territory ought to be under 25% or 0% suppression, the most valuable missions ought to be located in that region, and completing those missions should harm every player on the opposing side in some tiny but meaningful way.

As a Clanner, if Omni-Tek succeeds in controlling the "political belt" and wage a successful propaganda campaign encouraging the collecting of tokens by its subjects, I should be personally frustrated and moved to act.

For those in the Clans who are not so moved: You have Avalon, Newland, Tir County, Aegean, Athen Shire, Holes in the Wall, Borealis, the Varmint Woods, and Mort in which to do missions unhindered. You do NOT have a God-given right to demand that your safety from other players be absolutely ensured throughout 95% of the low and medium level game world.

As someone who dislikes missions and has little interest in PvP, I nevertheless see no reason why those two things shouldn't touch me in any way. Even if it were something as simple as changes in the price of insurance, giving value to those token boards which is *multiplayer* in nature (as everything in this game should be), and giving players the OPTION to participate in a type of token collecting which is competitive in nature, would be a nice start in making this game more than just a very pretty co-op game with a very fancy lobby area.

Vacuos

Of course I agree with Terrorizer. Not only is he my boss, he also has some great ideas!
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

Unknown: "I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect"
    Scope755: "To all Devs: ISNT SOO COOL TO BE NOT WELCOME IN INFERNO SK TEAMS."

Re: Sorry, did I step on your oyster?

Originally posted by Vacuos
    Since most of these missions - consistent with the whole concept of a "merit" board - are about the player contributing to his faction's struggle against the enemy faction, collecting tokens should earn a small advantage for your faction.
    and a long while back someone else said: token as an automatic award in the mission describtion, but as a reward for a "herotic" act

...the way i see tokens, especially in this corporate type setting, is as incentive. it's like your longdistance carrier lowering their rates just for you when you tell them you can get a better offer elsewhere. its actually more like your boss giving you a raise because they dont want you to leave. here joe, you're medal for being fry cook of the month. *cough-dontleaveus!-cough* you dont swap sides at later levels because you've got such nifty reasons to stick to your side (like omni-only armor, but fair). they're still useful, just that they're more busy work than they are reward...
    ÷÷÷Crikket the Gunsmith÷÷÷
    "I like my work and I hope you do, too -- but if you don't, I really couldn't care less. Take me or leave me -- but don't bug me." -- Johnny Carson

Cool

I have very little tolerance or sympathy for people who think they ought to be able to travel through 2HO or 4 Holes unhindered in the name of doing a mission which they chose *knowing* it would require travel through PvP territory.

-Vacuos
    Having a Yalm basically enables me to do 2 things:

1. Completely invalidate Vacuos's opinion

2. Allow me to fly to my missions safely, thus robbing whining PvP'ers such as Vacuos of their fix.

There should be different types of tokens. As you get higher level, you can earn the higher QL ones. These tokens should then be used as currency to buy hard to get items such as Grid Armor. The higher QL items would require you to use higher QL tokens instead of/in addition to the other tokens. So in order to get Grid Armor II you might have to have 20 - QL 15 Tokens, 15 - QL 30 Tokens and 10 - QL 50 Tokens. (Don’t know if this is even close to the right difficulty but you get the idea) I like this idea because there is some strategy to saving up the points for the item you want.

The advantage of this system is that it prevents the token farming that goes on at lower levels. You can have all the low level tokens you want but you will need the high QL tokens to get the good stuff. Token Farming should be discouraged because it is the only practical way to achieve the higher token boards but is mind numbingly tedious.

This system should also be adopted because it is the only way to fairly fix the current system. Many people stopped going for tokens because it became too difficult to solo missions. Funcom has stated that they will eventually balance classes, mobs and dungeons so that soloing will be possible for most of a character’s career. If all tokens were to remain equal, then you would penalize players who couldn’t solo for a long period of time. If however the tokens became more valuable the higher a player got, a player could eventually overcome that deficiency in the same way that receiving increasing IP points as you level allow you to overcome errors made at lower levels.

I hated token farming... what a waste!

The problem is, it's really almost an obligatory ritual to at least get a 30 or 60 token board just to make life easier later on... but that's still a lot of mind-numbing boringness... I could NOT bring myself to farm 120 tokens... 60 is the most I can do.

If I had to design the system from scratch, I would just cap the amount of tokens you could recieve per title level.... 30 at title level 1... 120 at title level 2... etc. etc. but its too late for that now.

Maybe the solution is to just make missions smaller...

Unhappy My take

Id like to see customizable token boards.
    Char development is basicly dead after 165 or so.
    Lvls take too long (unless you do a cheat). Token boards after 120 board = joke (unless you had magic token and have 1k board). It takes a lvl 6 over 2 months of terminating to even get 1k tokens at lvl 6 (yes i know of someone who actualy did it). Id say introduce a new system with new tokens and a customizable board. I mean after all how many soldiers want that nano prog boost on the 1k board? That way you could keep your old board or build a new one (depending on which you wore).

Oh and put some damn reason to lvl in beyond 165 there is NO point atm. I havent lvled in over a month cause im bored to tears with not being able to advance my char (meaningfully).

Originally posted by Nutbar03
    1000 tokens is possible to get legitimately, but it takes a lot of work.
    as it should be! No one should be able to have the 1k token board Yet. The 1k board should be a 2k board, they should raise the amount needed for each board.
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

I'll pass this thread on, guys and gals. Obviously the token system warrants some looking into, and there are some good points here, so I'll make sure it gets looked into.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Angry Right-tO!

Token board are in dire need of review!
    First off, give token to all team-members.
    Second, with title level increase amount of tokens avarded, make it a reasonable amount with sliding scale perhaps.
    Further, the token boards should give more to the wearer.

My two characters pretty much do nothing but missions (and dungeon-camping *sigh*). My take on tokens and boards:

1) I like the difficulty in getting tokens now. I think 1000 should be an almost unattainable goal (without exploiting, of course). 1/mission is plenty, more would just water it down. Tokens should be a reward for service, not an entitlement.

2) Post-120 boards need to be looked at, they need to be made significantly better than their predecessors.

3) Get team missions working with a token for each team member.

4) If you are going to give us missions with three mobs in them, give us tokens for clearing them. Even better, set a minimum of 10 mobs in a mission.

Scorus

Originally posted by Scorus

2) Post-120 boards need to be looked at, they need to be made significantly better than their predecessors.
    i disagree here,
    only because it would mostly benefit exploiters and farmers . .
    and to give them more of a edge over players playing the game
    'the right way' would be a mistake; regular players are already
    mad enough about cheaters, especially in a game where PvP is involved.

Originally posted by Scumbug

i disagree here,
    only because it would mostly benefit exploiters and farmers . .
    and to give them more of a edge over players playing the game
    'the right way' would be a mistake; regular players are already
    mad enough about cheaters, especially in a game where PvP is involved.
    thank you for suming up all people who do mission as exploiters or farmers. I have 376 tokens at lvl 89 now and not once have i died intentionally or terminated nor have i ever used any exploit to be able to increase the number of tokens i recieved.

Just because you don't do missions for tokens doesn't mean people who do should be robbed of the benefit. I am looking forward to their restructuring of the token boards in the future as right now it seems there is no benefit in gaining more tokens though i will continue to do it because i want the 1k token board.
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

1000 token board

the only people who got 1000 token boards now, are people that either

1) got them while they where easy as hell (pre-nerf)
    2) bought from other players when NODROPS where tradable
    3) Duped them while that was possible
    4) used all the other exploits i dont know\remember
    5) farmed for 2 months on there lvl 6 char

that should tell you guys something about how reidicoulous the token system is. as of 100+ you can just forget trying to get better token boards!

I think that the idea about giving you tokens according to title lvl sounds great! then all the players that didnt cheat or farm for ages gets a chance to make some tokens too, and yeah, tokens to everyone in team!

Walberg

you 0wn in pvp, until you meet me

Re: 1000 token board

Originally posted by walberg
    the only people who got 1000 token boards now, are people that either

1) got them while they where easy as hell (pre-nerf)
    2) bought from other players when NODROPS where tradable
    3) Duped them while that was possible
    4) used all the other exploits i dont know\remember
    5) farmed for 2 months on there lvl 6 char

that should tell you guys something about how reidicoulous the token system is. as of 100+ you can just forget trying to get better token boards!

I think that the idea about giving you tokens according to title lvl sounds great! then all the players that didnt cheat or farm for ages gets a chance to make some tokens too, and yeah, tokens to everyone in team!

Walberg

you 0wn in pvp, until you meet me
    You are wrong. Its very possible to get the 1000board now. Here is how easy it is to get 3tokens per hour for me at 141 as omni:

Fly to avalon, get 3 missions in frisko grainkurt of frisko wastes. Grid to clon****, do them (takes 30min for all 3 generally, this yields small blue cave missions). Fly back get 3 more. If I would get 4 tokens per mission at 100+ I could do the 1000board in 9days that way if I played 10hours per day.

Can you ppl now stop claiming its impossible and instead work for your boards if you want them?

STOP CRYING!

Why should everyone to run around with a tolkenboard?

It really should be hard to get a 1000 board, only the ppl that devote time into it should get it. Ppl that powerlvl will loose a bit of theyr "edge" at higer lvl without a nice tolkenboard.

And yes, i don't have a 1000 board still need loooooots of tolkens.

"Tolkenfarming", why don't make it so u have to be title lvl 2 or higer to gain a tolken, that way it will be a bit harder to farm them.

Talking Tokens

8) hey.

I agree on the most of what people are saying about tokens.

Its stupid u have to spend 2 months(if u got work or school beside AO) to get those 1000 tokens..

It is unfair that u abilities to get tokens lowers the higher lvl u get.

However, if FC would get those teammissions to work, then it could be solved by giving everyone in team a token.
    And to avoid exploiting, FC could make the same rules for tokens as for xp.

" a higher player in your team prevents you from getting tokens"

But i also agree on 1000tokenboard beeing one of the most wanted items in the game, so giving tokens according to u titlelevel, would get u to 1000 to fast..

And since FC wants this to be a social game I CANT UNDERSTAND why they want people to farm at lvl 6 or just solo the entire game.

GET THOSE DAM TEAMMISSIONS WORKING AND GIVE WHOLE TEAM A TOKEN....

This would help alot of professions that have a hard time soloing missions.

" hmm, i feel like im playing Beta version " ...

And Gunnan and Garzu, i dont care what u say, its rubbish hehe

If there were different QL to tokens, the players that spend their time to level in dungeons would still have more tokens and would in fact have an even bigger advantage. Currently, players that farm at lower level can get the same number of tokens, but with much less effort.

P.S. I am starting a new character soon. With the current system, I feel that I have to token farm if I want to maximize my character rather than playing the game as it should be played. Something is seriously wrong with this.

Thumbs down B.F. Duh

Originally posted by Phikia

Having a Yalm basically enables me to do 2 things:

1. Completely invalidate Vacuos's opinion

2. Allow me to fly to my missions safely, thus robbing whining PvP'ers such as Vacuos of their fix.
    Perhaps next time around you could do me the courtesy of reading my post before responding to it. I have no taste for PvP and have never initiated combat against another player. Also, I'd have mentioned vehicles if I had something to say about them. A plane has obvious benefits; you bought one for them - bully for you.

Though now that you mention it, a good argument might be made for nerfing vehicle equip time in unsuppressed territory.

Vacuos

It is a shame that Funcom didn't crack down on token selling and token duping early. How hard would it have been to have a counter on each character that says 'missions completed'? Compare that to their tokens and voila...

Or they could have even prosecuted some of the dozens of characters openly selling tokens on the various channels. Set up a few stings and cut down on the process considerably. Instead they were busy asking us if we wanted them to crack down on exploiters. DUH!

Scorus

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast