Thread: FC: Story, RK2 & Europe

Question FC: Story, RK2 & Europe

About the storyline...

How will european players be able to participate in the story, which no doubt is going to take place on US times ?

And what about the second dimension ? Perhaps it might be an idea to run two seperate stories, one on RK1 for US, and one on RK2 for europe ? (or are too many US players on RK2 ?)

personally I am concerned by the lack of any story on RK2 I spoke to a number of people over the weekend who are thinking of looking for another game to play because basically nothing happens at all. In 4 months of playing every day the only events i have seen have been a wedding and the ring fiasco on halloween.

Action must be taken swiftly to prevent either a. loss of good and interested players or b. mass defections to RK1 but who knows maybe thats the plan and we havnt been told yet.
    Last edited by Docbuns; Nov 20th, 2001 at 10:21:32.

makes you wonder

if they're just waiting for everyone on RK2 to quit so they can shut the server down instead of going through the hassle of putting in the code to merge us.

Europian Player

I am one i am fortunate that i can play into teh wee small hours BUT the storey is rediculas important things happen at times i should be tucked away in bed!!!!!

Angry Malacai

Hum thx for told you yawn at the wedding i have organise in 3h so prepare something than i will come and yawn too

Do forgive the upset Malicea, i have removed the yawn as you are right, you are to be commended for trying to organise something, it isnt your fault that it wasnt exciting i wrote the post in a moment when I was thoroughly upset with the boredom levels in the game when one expects action, intrigue and adventure and I still am upset with the level of boredom which is to be found in the game.

Question FC: Story, RK2 & Europe

The biggest problem with rk2 is the feeling of neglect from FC, and we can only hope it will get better regarding the story but personally I do think FC does not care at all.

It is obvious that rk1 has the first priority, and for us that are on rk2 all we can do ingame is go hunting, and do missions which is getting boring.

We can only hope that Funcom will make an official statement concerning rk2

lift your flagging spirits RK2, i have gotten word that an unknown clan faction is planning something to get the councils attention and others.....

i head they may be contacting guild leaders soon

Wink Events

Tonight there was a party in Galway on RK2. Looks like we're not being left alone, and I'm happy =)

Talking event in galway

hehe It was a player event(organized by an OT departement) they only send message to all about this party who was great but i wait for see if any news on the communauty web site or on any general web site like ao basher or AO stratic , they add told about the wedding we will have something and nothing came .
    Still funcom don t spoke wabout something on RK2 i thing AO basher or stratic will never put RK2 event in news

Malicea
    Phoenix leader

found this on the events board, seems its for RK 2

"Greetings fellow Clansmen,

Nothing!!

Two weeks of amnesty and as many days filled with attacks from strange and horrifying creatures. Fourteen days in which the clans, once a firm military force, have deluded into a pack of babbling political clowns. Half a month of mayhem, and what have we heard from our leaders, the Council of Truth?

Nothing!!

It is time to act, clansmen. The clans are loosing their vigour and unity. For whatever threat endangers our freedom, we will only be able to counter it if we act as one. We call on ye all, proud warriors, to join us in a rally that must reunite our forces. BrontoBill from Section 4 will address these issues tonight outside Athens.

If ye care for freedom, be there!

Wartorn Valley, directly SE of Athens (614,420) on Rubi-Ka 2
    Wednesday 21/11 - 21.00 hrs GMT/22.00 hrs CET

/tell Brontobill
    /tell Luckynuke

Budhard
    Section 4

this could be worth a look

FC: Story, RK2 & Europe

This sounds intresting to bad I cant be there when it happens.

Thumbs up Finally we move forward ! Unite the Guilds !

I look forward to this first Big Event on Rubi-Ka 2. Finally a Guild rises to unite the Divided, and take the word in the Council --- and better --- *force* the world to listen. Violence is regrettable, but unavoidable here. Remember: those who make peaceful revolution impossible, will make violent revolution inevitable!

Think about it, Fellow Clansmen on RK2:

What is the True meaning of the Athen Accords Summit ? Do you really think that OT is gonna forget about the Zillions Credits they lost in the Notum-Mines and let us live our freedom like we do now ?

Be there, Clanners.... No more words need to be added to this. Unite, be strong, and search the Truth behind OT's treachery ways....

Sirsebas,
    MA, RK 2.
    S4 Executive

Angry why not answer the question!

It seems like the most important issue in the first post in this thread has completely been forgotten.

That is, WHAT ABOUT US EUROPEANS!!?? (and asians, africans etc.) that dont live/play according to US timezones.

Is there any consideration at all regarding story events that we can participate in?

Events that dont require us to stay up in the middle of the night or during working hours.

Re: event in galway

Originally posted by Malicea
    hehe It was a player event(organized by an OT departement) they only send message to all about this party who was great but i wait for see if any news on the communauty web site or on any general web site like ao basher or AO stratic , they add told about the wedding we will have something and nothing came .
    Still funcom don t spoke wabout something on RK2 i thing AO basher or stratic will never put RK2 event in news

Malicea
    Phoenix leader
    We at AO Stratics try to promote the role-playing aspect of the game. Whenever we get any info about events, we post it. What can be hard tho, is getting the ones submitting the news to mention which dimension this is. And by the numbers, there could be fewer player-run events on RK2 than RK1, based on the server-population.

Knock on wood, the only "event" I've been to so far, was held on RK2. I made a engie, got her to lvl 4, then ran like crazy to Reet's Retreat at 0230am...

If ya have any events, give us a tell, and we'll spread the word

aye sorry for named you it s maybe because when i was posting about the event you were down 8p

No problem

We'd (ME!) love to get info on player run events, especially since we (ME!) have missed all the major official events. I never seem to be online at the right time....

yeah

that's another problem, one feature i loved about uo's website is the ability to post player run events on uo's calendar that you could scan through for each shard.

Communication in this game is segregated at the very best. at the worst, there just isn't any.

Funcom seems to want to wait for the players to do all the work for them, so they don't have to. and the players are waiting to get what they're paying funcom for, so they don't have to.

big standoff eh?

hehe