Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Omni Tek is your friend...Official Ph.Ross stance towards neutrals

Omni Tek is your friend...Official Ph.Ross stance towards neutrals

Read this morning in the news :

100 million credits for kicking Clanner butt!OmniGlobe - 11.45, January 21.29477 RST
    By Angeletto Libretto

News Flash!

"In response to Clan Sentinel aggression in Tir, mercenaries have been hired to rid Newland City of Clanners." – Adam Smith, Newland City press representative.

It has been revealed that this deal is funded by a neutral organization. "To protect their interests we will at least not immediately, reveal the identity of who brokered the deal. The community is however highly pleased with this support it has received from our gracious donors."

According to reliable OmniGlobe sources, the deal cost the neutrals at least 100 million credits.

Loren Warr is the leader and spokesperson of the mercenaries (and also the twin of the well known mercenary, Ian Warr). When asked how this came about, Loren answered: “Being neutral, symbolizes the essence of the human spirit and of freedom of choice, so we are in this by conviction as much as contract.”

Asked whether the mercenaries’ affiliations with the Omni-Tek Corporation in the past didn’t conflict with this view of the neutrals, Loren answered: “No, not at all. As I see it, the Corporation is the protector of freedom and independence. Its tolerance towards other factions is admirable, especially when it is taken into account what it really could do were it so inclined. Like a friend of mine put it: Mercenaries protecting Newland City may cost a few million credits. But anyone kick Clanner butt is priceless!”

In response to the announcement from Newland City, Omni-Tek called a press conference where Philip Ross took questions on the issue

“Indeed Omni-Tek supports this initiative to try and stabilize the appalling situation in the neutral areas. Despite claims, the corporation has no hand in this matter. But we have good relations with Newland City officials and are confident that this arrangement will improve the lives of the Newland population.”

Asked by the Voice of Freedom representative about what situation exactly Mr. Ross was referring to, he responded: “For months, Clanners have been relentlessly attacking neutral notum mining bases; Omni-Tek does not condone that. That must be crystal clear.”

As if that was not reason enough, this aggression undermines the economy of the entire Rubi-Ka population. When business suffers, citizens suffer. Commerce is the life blood of any society.”

“And last but not least, we support the right of the neutrals to defend themselves against Commander Fisk and his team of Sentinel terrorists. They have overrun Tir and boisterously sworn to exterminate neutrals. It is barbaric.”

“I stress that we are not involved in this arrangement but we do give it our full moral support. We have been involved in the training of Mrs. Loren Warr in the past and are confident in her abilities to deal with the situation.”

“Isn’t it “Mister” Warr, Mr. Ross?” Gridstream Productions asked (referring to the fact that the Warr twins are atroxes) as the conference drew to a close. “I am afraid I am not the person to solve that mystery for you Mr. Tarryk.” Mr. Ross answered with an almost invisible smile, “But I am sure Loren will be happy to respond to that if you brave asking her… or him.”
    Now we have an official answer for the omni tek employees that claimed Philip Ross stance towards neutrals dated before the shipment of mining equipment on the planet.

The stance is CRISTAL CLEAR, omni tek does not support attacks on neutral mining facilities, as this "undermines the economy of the entire Rubi Ka"

This is the official stance of our CEO...any employee, especially those in charge of a branch of the Corporation, and not sharing his political view should be regarded as a dissident and as a matter of fact be dismissed on the spot.

PAH!

I don't mind Omni, I don't mind Clan...if they step on my toes then fine they are a target, but hiring Omni to kill Clan in our town is WRONG. This is criminal, this is not just to those who have no part in this (yes I still believe there are Clan members out there who are not terrorists or criminals). Rubi-ka is all we have (well it is for us nanomages anyhow) and this fighting, backed by Omni or not is not good for the planet. And this stance shown here is not good for the neutral population.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Despite the fact I am a neutral, I fully support this initiative.

The number of times I have been sent to reclaim by trigger happy sentinels is well beyond my counting ability. And for what? I travel to Tir to conduct peacefull trade and secure work for myself.
    In return I get shot to pieces without even having a chance to state my business!

Admittedly many clanners will be made victims, perhaps unneccessarily but how can they stand by idly while neutrals are murdered in Tir and expect to feel welcome in newland?
    We neutrals should not and will not allow ourselves to be pushed around by a tyrant and madman.

Send a message to them I say. As long as we are not welcome in Tir, clan is not welcome in Newland.
    Firalon; Would you like a spanner in the works?

Nedax; Grazed knee is it?

A true diplomat knows how to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that he looks forward to the trip...

Re: Omni Tek is your friend...Official Ph.Ross stance towards neutrals

Originally posted by vorteks
    ... omni tek does not support attacks on neutral mining facilities, as this "undermines the economy of the entire Rubi Ka"
    Keep in mind that this is a reciprocal relationship. If a rogue Omni-Tek organization attacks a Neutral tower, by all means, Neutrals should hit them back, but at the same time, I do hope that they will not consider this a license to go after Omni territory without fear of reprisal.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Well I am not surprised. It was only a matter of time before some rich tradesperson got angry with the deaths in Tir and took it into his own hands to do something.

I am pretty sure that neutral deaths in Tir are in the thousands. The ICC seems reluctant to do anything, prefering to take potshots at the local wildlife about their HQ.

My main worry is that newland is becoming more like an omni camp. Gone are the days when clans made up 80% of the newland population, now it seems to be mainly omni tech employees.

IC

This is a horrid thing to announce, and only goes to show the atrocities that Mr Ross is capable of when he allows his incompetent captains to think for him.

As I see it, the Corporation is the protector of freedom and independence.
    A joke, Loren?! You've just used the words "corporation" and "independence" in the same sentence!

Indeed Omni-Tek supports this initiative to try and stabilize the appalling situation in the neutral areas.
    What appalling situation? It's appalling to you that clans and neutrals are working together in the same territory? Sure, they attack each other, but so do Omni-Tek rogue platoons! They attack neutrals all the time! The only reason they don't quite as often is because those neutrals are under the protective barrier of the clanner defense line!

The only "appalling situation" I'm seeing is that Omni-Tek is supporting a freelance group of mercenaries hell bent on committing hate-crimes and getting paid for it.

Or perhaps good ol' Phillip Ross is finally showing his true colors.

As if that was not reason enough, this aggression undermines the economy of the entire Rubi-Ka population.
    Fighting fire with fire, eh Mr Ross? I'll get back to you on Talk Deviant this Sunday, got a little press conference of my own.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Originally posted by Bond Sedy
    Send a message to them I say. As long as we are not welcome in Tir, clan is not welcome in Newland.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe neutrals are welcomed into open arms at the Omni-Ent grid terminal either.

Originally posted by Bond Sedy
    Despite the fact I am a neutral, I fully support this initiative.

The number of times I have been sent to reclaim by trigger happy sentinels is well beyond my counting ability. And for what? I travel to Tir to conduct peacefull trade and secure work for myself.
    In return I get shot to pieces without even having a chance to state my business!

Admittedly many clanners will be made victims, perhaps unneccessarily but how can they stand by idly while neutrals are murdered in Tir and expect to feel welcome in newland?
    We neutrals should not and will not allow ourselves to be pushed around by a tyrant and madman.

First of, whilst The Sentinels have associations with the clans, a large number of clanners would quite frankly rather have nothing to do with The Sentinels. So equating Clan and The Sentinels is just plain wrong.

The situation in Tir is bad, that at least we can agree on. But you seem to be lacking in morals if you think fighting atrocities with atrocities of your own is justified...

And considering how close the neutral areas are to Clan territory, pissing off the Clans strikes me as remarkably silly.

I mean, it would appear that I'm to be turfed out of my home because some alleged neutrals (ha!) lack any concept of civillised behaviour. Well, I think I'll be moving to Borealis, at least there I know the neutrals really are...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Originally posted by Dudicas

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe neutrals are welcomed into open arms at the Omni-Ent grid terminal either.
    hummm... I have seen neutrals at the Bronto Burger stand in Omni-1 Entertainment, and the officers there didn't seem to mind them. If the squad placed at the grid-exit in the entertainment district have a grudge with neutrals in some way, they should be fired. I think I'll have a look into this...
    UPDATE: A Neutral friend of mine reports that the Omni-Pol guards in Omni-1 were not hostile in any way to him on his last visit.
    Last edited by Likaetaren; Jan 22nd, 2003 at 18:22:33.
    Felix "Likaetaren" Denk
    Squad Commander of Ragnarok
    NT to the bone.

Frankly, even though I am Clan...we had this coming. Our inability to overthrow the Sentinel thugs from Tir has resulted in the Neutrals taking similiar actions. We as Clan deserved it. It is another sad day in Clan and Neutral relations.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Originally posted by Dudicas

You are wrong. Neutrals will not be fired on by Guards, However SLAYERDROID's and other NPC's who are not "Guard NPC's" will fire and if that happens the "Guards" will rush to assistance in dispatching the Neutrals.
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

Ok, how do I put this....Omni took MMD for a SHORT TERM security detail almost 2 years ago. They are still there! This is all playing right into there hands, hell some neut moron hired them to take Newlands, they've wanted it for long enough and now its been given to them? Don't make me laugh, Omni are not welcome in this way. Visitors, yes, coming in force like this is a hostile act even when hidden like it is. Find me some Clans to hire and we can get a nice neutral balance back in Newlands and get rid of the OT as well. Mixed is good, Omni on there own IS NOT!
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Originally posted by Likaetaren

hummm... I have seen neutrals at the Bronto Burger stand in Omni-1 Entertainment, and the officers there didn't seem to mind them. If the squad placed at the grid-exit in the entertainment district have a grudge with neutrals in some way, they should be fired. I think I'll have a look into this...
    Neutrals do not get attacked in Omni-1.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

It has been revealed that this deal is funded by a neutral organization. "To protect their interests we will at least not immediately, reveal the identity of who brokered the deal. The community is however highly pleased with this support it has received from our gracious donors
    In response to the Sentinels aggression in Tir, we neutrals received an abundance of support by several Clan guilds who expressed their deepest wish to solve this matter in a peaceful way.

Because of this, "this community” is not "highly pleased" with the kind of support that is offered by these mercenaries at all!!!

“Being neutral, symbolizes the essence of the human spirit and of freedom of choice, so we are in this by conviction as much as contract.”
    Indeed, being neutral to me symbolizes the essence of human spirit and of freedom of choice. And because of this, I utterly condemn all violent actions against peace-loving clanners as I condemn violance against all peaceful citizens on our planet. If action is needed, it has to be against the warmongers on ALL factions.

The Corporation as protector of freedom and independence?! Its tolerance towards other factions? This very much reeks to a conspiracy to play neutrals and Clan off against eachother.

Let it be clear that I utterly dissociate myself and my guild from these nonsense. The so called “neutral” cities have always been a save haven to ALL of the population of Rubi-Ka, regardless their faction. It is my deepest wish to keep it that way and those who stir up to this kind of intolerance will have a lot to answer for.
    Last edited by Yarko; Jan 22nd, 2003 at 18:41:25.
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender
    co-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Newland City Council
    Advisor of The Independent Rubikans

Rubi-Ka's neutral news source: The Independent Rubikan http://www.ir-news.org/

Originally posted by Vixentrox
    Frankly, even though I am Clan...we had this coming. Our inability to overthrow the Sentinel thugs from Tir has resulted in the Neutrals taking similiar actions. We as Clan deserved it. It is another sad day in Clan and Neutral relations.
    There's an element of truth to that Vix. Clan have never been that well organised, and our differences have been exploited in the past by various groups. Our only common theme is that we want to be able to decide our own destiny free of Omni-Tek, and even that runs from mere dislike of OT through to out and out hatred.

Maybe its time we had a serious think about what we are trying to achieve...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Fixerben clears his throat and looks around hoping he can fill Benjacrat's shoes while he is away.

Well I know I speak for many Clanners when I say this:

The Sentinels belong in Tir just as much as Omni Guards belong in Tir. These Mercenaries belong in Newland just as much as the Sentinels belong in Newland. Its just plain idiocy and I will not associate myself with it, just as Yarko has chosen to do.

Now that said, this is STUPID! I have seen many more Omni attack neutral bases than I have CLans. I have even seen Neutrals attacking other Neuitrals.

THis blurs the factional lines more and more each day. I invite anyone that has list their factional views, those who are not intolerant and want to bring peace to the planet to join the Rubi-Ka Mining Cooperative.

Have your guild leader post here if you want to remove intolerance and factional bigotry.

And umm...Vix I have gone on assault raids on the nice little guards in Tir. They reclaim and return very quickly, its like a never ending stream of them. Its impossible to keep them down forever. Unless you know some people that wre willing to satnd in the city and kill them every time they come back.

As long as we are not welcome in Tir, clan is not welcome in Newland.
    Thats the point.

I know that Sentinels cannot be associated with whole clans but unfortunately they shoot at -all- neutrals. So as long clan is not able to solve this problem I don't see any other than this solution.

Maybe this will show that the neutrals are not satisfied with the way clan is - from what I see at the moment - handling the "Sentinels problem".

Totally right, nothing more to say.

Originally posted by Fixerben
    And umm...Vix I have gone on assault raids on the nice little guards in Tir. They reclaim and return very quickly, its like a never ending stream of them. Its impossible to keep them down forever. Unless you know some people that wre willing to satnd in the city and kill them every time they come back.
    Their insurance and reclaim tech is very good and Mr. Silverstone won't engage in any meaningful conversation.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Originally posted by Nyadach
    I don't mind Omni, I don't mind Clan...if they step on my toes then fine they are a target, but hiring Omni to kill Clan in our town is WRONG.
    wasn't Ian Warr neutral?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast