Thread: HUGE In-Game Map Available for Download

HUGE In-Game Map Available for Download

Greetings!

The HUGE AO In-Game Map is now available for download!

This latest map creation consists of two maps, a regular sized map with general overview information, and a larger sized map (four times the size of the regular map) which provides incredible detail of playfield terrain and structures. These maps also provide the following information:

- Playfield borders with zone lines
    - Playfield names
    - Whom-Pah System routes
    - Grid Access Terminal locations
    - Public Grid Access requirements
    - Fixer Grid Exits
    - Playfield Locations in the Fixer Grid
    - Ferry Routes
    - Guarded Locations (outposts, guard posts, etc.)
    - Startup Backyard Locations
    - Carbonrich Rock fields and qualities
    - Labeled Points of Interest
    - Dungeons
    - Amenities (bank terminals, insurance terminals)
    - Supermarkets
    - Vendor/shop general locations
    - Special Vendor locations

A legend can be found at the bottom of the large map, where there are also listings of the fixer grid by floor, public grid requirements, Whom-Pah connections, and a mini-map of the Whom-Pah System routes. On the smaller map, listing of the fixer grid by floor is located on the bottom; listings of the public grid requirements, and Whom-Pah connections are located on the right side; and a mini-map of the Whom-Pah System routes is located in the upper left-hand corner.

These maps function just as the original maps do, allowing for zooming in and out, centering the map to your current location, and uploading your mission location. Please note: Due to the inconsistent placement of playfields within the actual game itself, the reticle may be off by a few pixels in certain playfields. I've come up with the most consistent balance, however, and this should will be a very minor inconvenience.

This map is currently in it's final 'test-phase', and will receive it's final release within the next few weeks. The map is current to 14.7.8.2 (which is the current build on the test server). A few minor changes and the addition of LCAs will be added to the final version of this map.

This map was created with the intent to guide travelers and inspire explorers to discover areas they might not have seen before. This map is not intended to give information on where to find creatures to kill them. There will be no information on dynamic boss camps, or hunting areas on this map.

It's big! It's beautiful! Click here to download (ZIP format) the new, HUGE AO In-Game Map! This download is 27MB.

To view a JPG of this map in it's full size, click here. This JPG is 5.5MB.

You can also view individual playfield maps by going to http://travel.to/rubi-ka, and clicking a playfield link.

Here are a few examples (these maps are taken from the huge in-game map):

4 Holes
    Aegean and Wartorn Valley
    Galway County and Galway Shire
    Tir County and Greater Tir County
    Lush Fields
    Newland and Newland Desert
    Omni Forest and Greater Omni Forest
    Pleasant Meadows
    Southern Artery Valley
    Stret West Bank and Holes In The Wall
    Wailing Wastes

Also, the newly updated regular sized in-game map is now available for download. This map is current for the 14.7 patch.

The updated in-game map will provide two files to replace the current in-game map files with maps of Rubi-Ka which provide:

- Playfield borders with zone lines
    - Playfield names
    - Whom-Pah System routes
    - Grid Access Terminal locations
    - Public Grid Access Requirements
    - Fixer Grid Exits
    - Outposts
    - Carbonrich Rock Fields and Qualities
    - Labeled Points of Interest
    - Dungeons

These maps function just as the original maps do, allowing for zooming in and out, and centering the map to your current location.

To see this in-game map in it's full size, click HERE.

Click HERE to download the in-game map files (ZIP format). (You can also go to http://travel.to/rubi-ka and click on the 'In Game Map Files' link.)

After downloading and unzipping the file, place:
    "PlanetMapGfxNormal.bin" and "PlanetMapIndexNormal.txt"

...in the following directory:
    Funcom\Anarchy Online\cd_image\textures\PlanetMap\normal
    (Make sure to make a back-up the two original AO map files already located in that directory, first.)

Also available on http://travel.to/rubi-ka, are viewable and printable maps in both full color and black and white of:
    - The Complete In-Game Map
    - Playfield Border Zones and Names
    - Whom-Pah System routes
    - Grid Access Terminal Locations and Fixer Grid Exits

Enjoy!
    TRAVEL TO RUBI-KA
    A website providing maps of Rubi-Ka,
    playfields, Whom-Pah & Grid maps,
    in-game maps, and more.

http://travel.to/rubi-ka

Discover Leety Goodness at:
    http://how.to/leet

Oh my goodness, a bit more larger and we can actually play AO from the map : >>>> Attacking : RED DOT <<<<

Nice job.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Yeah, this is good work! And finally there is some truth in advertising, it's HUGE! Haven't put it under the microscope yet, but it seems very accurate too.
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

Nice one Nep Must download it when I get home... I'll load it into my test server install, and if I see you online there later, I'll be sure to /prostrate
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Wow! Awesome map!
    I'll install it later and see if it's workable. I mean, it is *very* big..

One question: how will it affect performance?
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

Originally posted by Mharc
    One question: how will it affect performance?
    I've not, nor have any of the folks on TestLive who have been trying the HUGE map out for the last few weeks, experienced any performance issues in using this map.

Please do try it out, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the detail and information provided.

Be well.
    TRAVEL TO RUBI-KA
    A website providing maps of Rubi-Ka,
    playfields, Whom-Pah & Grid maps,
    in-game maps, and more.

http://travel.to/rubi-ka

Discover Leety Goodness at:
    http://how.to/leet