Thread: Guilds & Individuals Interested in RP'ing

Question Guilds & Individuals Interested in RP'ing

I am starting this thread as a means to help identify RP guilds and independent RP'ers (non-guild affiliated) who would be interested in getting involved in player-run storylines. This level of involvement can range from being involved to helping to organize and run such.

This thread sprang as an idea from the thread "RPG-session!". Essentially this thread provides a starting POC directory for those interested in being involved in player run Role Playing events that above and beyond the party or fund raising event.

I am looking at the following as minimal information for helping to organize.

Name
    Point of Contact
    Bio (Guild or Individual)
    Motives
    Looking for
    Level of Desired Interest
    Timezone

Let me begin with the Enlightened!
    ----------------------------

Name: The Enlightened of Rubi-ka

POC: DarqOmen Vicar of Chronicles (Event/Story Organizer). Drop me a line ingame or via email at darqomen@hotmail.com

Bio: The Enlightened believe that the world about, Rubi-ka, is Divine and/or the manifestation of a Divine being. Our internal beliefs vary greatly but we all agree that the world is in some form or another Divine. We attempt to remain apolitical but doing so in the religiously tolerant clan lands is difficult due to the conflict between clan and Omni. Debates on our political nature or lack-there-of are a typical occurence within our ranks.

Motives: We view ourselves as the guardians of Rubi-ka, we defend the interests of the Divine, and while we are tolerant of other religious beliefs & organizations, we become quite intolerant of those who threaten the interests of the Divine or attempt to squash religious freedom. Individuals within the guild also have differeing beliefs and viewpoints of the political unrest between the Clans and Omni.

Looking For: Omni opposition to religious freedom (there is no truth but that espoused by Omni!) or omni threatened in some form or another to the brand of beliefs that the Enlightened hold forth as the gospel truth. Clans that would be interested in taking an antagonist perspective and RP out the differences; just because we are on the same side does not mean we see eye-ball to eye-ball. Also independent individuals who would be interested in RPing the same as both the Omni and Clans.

Level of Desired Interest: Well I am not looking at anything grand initially, just some small side storys to build a common ground. We are interested in both organizing (actually already have begun) RP events and being a participant, either as main participants or as "support" to the storyline in some form or another. A final interest is building up to a large mega-storyline but that will take time and effort with many smaller storys building up momentum and organization!

Timezone: Our guild is equally split between North America and Europe.

Rubi-Ka Reform Party (RK-1)

Name: Rubi-Ka Reform Party
    POC: Breogan
    Bio: Started as an offshot from clan Eye of the Nexus, currently trying to absorb the membership of said clan and recruiting members of the general Clan population.
    Motives: The Rubi-Ka Reform Party is a political organization that operates in Clan territories. Its goals are the establishement of a democratic goverment in Rubi-Ka, not at the end of the Omni-Tek lease, but right now. Its point of view on the Clan/Omni conflict is not as radical as other clans; the Reform Party would accept a future with Omni-Tek as long as Omni-Tek desisted on any gubernamental roles (justice system, armed forces, etc) and accepted to operate under the laws that the sovering people of Rubi-Ka choose. To this end the Party has organized itself in the lines of an executive goverment, with different branches that cover aspect like diplomacy and media, finances, and self-defense forces. But in the increasing hostile climate, the R-KRP is shifting its role from support and promotion of a peaceful resolution of the conflict to preparation for the escalation of the same to full war, trying to ensure that the Clan cause will be strong enough to at least dissuade Omni from war or ensuring a resolution favorable to the Clans.
    Incresingly alarmed with the uneffectiveness of the Council, the R-KRP is trying to organize other clans to either build enough mass to participate in it and change its current policies, or forming a new, more active, executive and legislative body for the Clans
    Looking for: In general, Clans interested in forming said new goverment, or a new faction of important weight inside the Council; radical clans completly opposed to any accomodation with Omni that considers us "traitors" for doing so; Omni departments interested either in a real peaceful solution to the conflict, or manipulating the moderate factions to Omni advantage; die-hard Omni departments bent on clans destruction.
    In particular, each branch inside the RKRP would like to meet allies/enemies suited to its main focus (example: the Bureau of Information Retrieval would like to find "moles" in Omni-Tek departments, the Department of Equipment Purchase and Distribution would be interested in trade partners.
    Level of Participation Desired: to be worked out with delegates of factions exposed above; looking, initially, for partners to intertwin our histories, backgrounds and goals.
    Timezone: Mainly Europe (UTC or close), but also members in America.

Name: South Rubi-Ka Society (Omni-Tek Rubi-Ka 1)

Point of Contact: Website: http://rubika.no-ip.org/srs/srs.htm
    or email Savoy at gsoylent@hotmail.com

Bio: The South Rubi-Ka Society is a philanthropic organisation run by private citizens who wish to give something back to the community. We organise a range of cultural, educational and fundraisings events each year as well as run a series of community related projects to help the least fortunate sections of the population.

Motives: Out of Character, the South Rubi-Ka Society was created to promote roleplaying in anyway we possibly can. We have two distinct objectives; to provide a sustained roleplaying environment for our members and to create roleplaying content for other players.

Looking for: We are keen to work with other roleplaying-friendly guilds on events, tailor made scenarios, or just provide npcs to interact with. A good example would what we are looking for is they kind of partnership we formed with the guild Friendleet Foundation for the "clandestine leet fighting" events last November-December.

Level of Desired Interest: Varies. Each member decides for himself which "projects" to work on.

Timezone: Varies

Name: Sllaagor

Point of Contact: This message board, /tell, I will give out
    email if necessary

Bio: (Individual): I am Sllaagor. I know not how old I am, or where I was born, or who my ... genetic ... parents may have been. My mother was a test tube, my father was a knife. I was created in an Omni-Med lab, designed for one purpose. A slave. A beast of burden.
    I awoke to a life of endless toil in the mines, sub-human living conditions, and the surety that I would die under a pile of unrefined notum, sooner or later, in one of the ever-present cave-ins ... and the knowledge that no one, especially the ones who created me, would know or care.
    Waking hours filled with work. The small amount of free time spent thinking, speaking with others. Learning. I learned of the three breeds of true humans, and learned that my breed was, and would always be, less.
    Calling the Atrox "Homo Atrox" is a sick joke. How are we human when we cannot reproduce? I have no sex organs, but science cannot make living cells forget that they were once human. I am tortured in my dreams by flashes of strange emotions I have never known before. I see ... visions ... possibilities ...
    Shortly after I met the Solitus ... he never told me his name ... I learned that there was life outside Omni-Tek. A place where a person of any creed could make a difference. He spoke of the Clans, of a mythical-sounding city known as Tir where Atrox lived lives instead of endless slavery. Thoughts of Tir began to fill my days until I could not take it any longer.
    One day, a friend of mine was killed in a cave-in. Our OT supervisor didn't even bat an eye, sent us back to work ... we could not even honor our own dead! I killed him with my bare hands, and then killed his two Atrox enforcers, though I was hard pressed and badly wounded. The other slaves threw me out of the mines and into the wilderness, where I wandered for many days, feverish and lost.
    A Clan patrol found me and took pity on me, healing me and directing me to Tir. I arrived yesterday, and it is everything I have ever dreamed. I train long and hard to support the Clan cause, and to work towards my greatest dream.
    I want to invade Omni-Med, either by force or by stealth, and get the information that could make the Atrox a true human breed. Male and Female. They must have the knowledge. Look at all the other lifeforms they have created, the other human breeds. I live for the day when I will witness the first two true Homo Atrox, a male and a female, born into the world in a Clan laboratory. Then perhaps they will go forth like a modern Adam and Eve and take their place among the true humans of Rubi-Ka.
    I am still young, inexperienced ... but I work hard to improve my skills. I am patient ... it is easy to be when you have no mating imperative. I would change that. I would be a man, a true man, with balls and all! To understand the strange dreams I have of love and life and those things denied to all Atrox.
    I am patient.
    Motives: I would like to influence the storyline, eventually. I'd like the Atrox to be a full breed. I'd like to be an ARK too.
    Looking for: Roleplayers, player events, a good time.
    Level of Desired Interest: High. I would like to make a difference in this game, however possible. I have plenty of spare time and the desire. I would be willing to serve in whatever capacity needed.
    Timezone: Eastern

- Sllaagor
    Clan - Atrox Enforcer

OOC DOH!

Heh... teach me to pay attention while posting!

Posted to the wrong thread!

DO
    Last edited by ThriceBorn; Feb 2nd, 2002 at 06:36:23.

Name: The RubiKa Highlanders (We reformed under a new name, but, pretty pathetic I know, I can't remember it (I would do the embarrassed face but I dunno how to type it)
    POC: Uwen
    Bio: Democratic clan dedicated to the installation of a democratic government on RubiKa.
    Motives: Most of our founders being exOmniTek employees, we know what it is like to live under fascism. We also (/ooc bah even though Breogan has thought of OmniTek being around as a company not a government, I am not "copying" him, he just beat me to it here hehe) think that OmniTek has a role when the Democratic Republic of RubiKa is established. However, they must turn over all Armed Forces, as well as all governmental agencies they employ, to the Democratic Republic.
    Looking for: More guilds (we have a few helping with our storyline already) to assist with our storyline, which the priginal founders have been thinking up as we have more additions to the clan who figure out things to our various mysteries that we hadn't even thought about, and added it to our story.
    Level of desired interest: It should be pretty high once we get the reformed guild back on its feet and back to our former size.
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Name:Ikyru

Point of Contact: beastie@tampabay.rr.com

Bio: (Organizaton): Crymson Lance An organization based upon the values of freedom. Freedom of choice as to remain neutral regarding the political conflict of Rubi-Ka. Formed to protect and serve the neutral citizens of Rubi-Ka from all threats, be it Omni, Clan or unknown sources. We do not wish to fight, but will to defend ourselves.

Motives: Serve as a protecting force for independent citizens of Rubi-Ka.

Looking for: To represent a neutral role playing participation in the stroy of Rubi-Ka.

Level of Desired Interest: High-- Neutrality and it's presense I believe is just as important as Omni and Clan. In order for a believable story there must be a third perspective especially in War where not everything is not black and white.

Timezone: Est. GMT -5
    ~*~ Nanoprincess ~*~
    Katelin Cyani Kerans

Thumbs up

Name: Tatjaana on behalf of FriendLeet Foundation
    Point of Contact: lina@ihastus.com
    Bio (Guild):
    We are a group of humanoids and leet who try to further the cause of peaceful co-existence of leet and humanoid races. We believe that the leet are more than just animals, more close to us human than for example a cow. We are not a political group - we have chosen to operate inside the Omni-tek but we have even some allies in the clans. Read more about our past in: http://www.ihastus.com/leet/history.html
    Motives: Protect the leet.
    Looking for : Couple of new members, allies and enemies (the last one is OOC. Roleplaying, events and fun. A nice story of our own
    Level of Desired Interest:
    OOC: I m personally very intrested to participate player run storyline. Only problem is that I wont be playing much in March (moving to Europe) Each guild member decides her/himself what they want to do but I m sure there are others intrested as well in our guild.
    Timezone: Mainly EST and GMT -1 or -2. (I m now in EST but moving soon to GMT-2)
    Last edited by Tatja; Feb 3rd, 2002 at 19:59:53.