Thread: How to make less omnis turn coats?

How to make less omnis turn coats?

1. invert %XP side
    -> better XP for losers
    winners already have towers+advantages.

2. make people who want to change side be neutral for 48hours game play before they can do so.

3. put a flag on traitors, so everybody know what kind of friend they should be.

You WISH.

Why not say to funcom "Hey its a game I know but the people in it have loose morals and tend to run when the going gets tough so why not punish your paying customers by making it not fun to play for awhile if they decide the grass IS GREENER on the other side'.

Lets face it. In the tredmill of teams and leveling and fat loot clan does have it easier on RK2. So why not make it MORE fun for yourself in real life since your paying to play to just come over and get 5-6% more exp or more per kill and level quicker because teams will be more abundant raids on huge mobs like Ian Warr will be more successful and easier to all involved.
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

Re: How to make less omnis turn coats?

Originally posted by Bakuterian
    1. invert %XP side
    -> better XP for losers

That was suggested in the beta because the testers saw the run away affect happening, i guess the funcom designer didn't care. besides NW wasn't suppose to work it was just a scam to get the game back on the shelf, which umm also didnt work.

/me thinks the bb staff was reassigned to the unemployment line due to another funcom failure.

Is the titanic sinking? will the pilot of the ship get thier head out of their *** in time????

~aqua
    Last edited by Aqua; Jan 21st, 2003 at 19:10:41.
    Kappen Token Trader of Project EDEN LV 217 mind numbing grinding since 1948 well it just seems that long!!!!!

Playing a Trader is like cyber S&M

---------
    "if you dont die in mass pvp your not doing it right"

13. put a flag on traitors, so everybody know what kind of friend they should be.
    You know..I really like this idea. It would seem to make sense that Omni would have a list of employees that went to the other side and some kind of tag would be in order. It could follow for clan that went omni as well. Switch sides, get a tag in your info that shows you as a traitor to your original side.
    Isadara level 214 NT AL 12 (Gear and Perks)-- Rimor
    Valdene level 197 Fixer (Gear and Perks) -- Rimor

General of Project Eden

If you have nothing more constructive to say than "all turn clanners", you better close your mouth Elbo (i don't really understand your interest in that).

I find the hard way funnier than leeching "true" clanners xps.

Things I hate more than clanners are puppets that goes with the wind.

1. invert %XP side
    -> better XP for losers

WE told them to do this in the Notum Wars beta as a means to implement a dampening effect versus the avalanche. It made sense as well in that working against the disadvantage of fewer overall towers/org/personal advantages ought to net you better 'real' life experience.

So, while one side was beating the crap out of the other side owing to the unbalance of numbers and advantages, the other was catching up more quickly through learning quicker via the XP bonus.

The way they did it is completely retarded. Even worse that the discussion over this was one of the biggest during the beta.

If you want a game system like this to be fun, you need to implement the 'bend but don't break' mindset. Means by which each successive conquest becomes harder and harder and nets you less and less of an advantage. Always possible, mind you. But, nothing like the utter nonsense we have now where each successive victory makes you stronger and hence each battle after that easier and so on until it becomes a joke.

The highest level towers should have been the most difficult to defend for example. Not so damn powerful that they can practically defend themselves while their guild goes and hunts at Primus Camp or Tarasque.

Most omnis i know which turned sides on RK2 did so not because of loot or because they were tired of getting their ass kicked(or so they say) but because they didn't think that there was a suitable omni org for them. And when there is no place for them to go they switch sides.

Not that i know alot who have switched sides but i know a few.

Re: Re: How to make less omnis turn coats?

Originally posted by Bionitrous

The highest level towers should have been the most difficult to defend for example. Not so damn powerful that they can practically defend themselves while their guild goes and hunts at Primus Camp or Tarasque.
    Never thought of that but I think your right. lv 250 bases should be the hardest to defend.

fact of the matter if one side wins the game is over, thats it done complete, fun over... so why not balance the game like was suggested in beta. Why even have a beta if you release a buggy game and didn't listen to the feedback.

~aqua
    Kappen Token Trader of Project EDEN LV 217 mind numbing grinding since 1948 well it just seems that long!!!!!

Playing a Trader is like cyber S&M

---------
    "if you dont die in mass pvp your not doing it right"

Re: Re: Re: How to make less omnis turn coats?

Originally posted by Aqua

Never thought of that but I think your right. lv 250 bases should be the hardest to defend.

fact of the matter if one side wins the game is over, thats it done complete, fun over... so why not balance the game like was suggested in beta. Why even have a beta if you release a buggy game and didn't listen to the feedback.

~aqua
    The Risk/Reward ration is completely Fubar'd. You get incredible bonuses for a lvl250 tower that are bestowed upon 300 people and you only need about 15 people to defend or maybe 30 if it gets hairy. Most of the time you can just enjoy your org advantages and not even pay attention to when the suppression gas is changing.

And that's another example of the snowball effect. It's utter poo that said lvl 250 tower offers the same advantages to every member in a 350 member organization as it does to a 40 member organization. Honestly, why not have everybody join the same org and share the same 5 towers? You'd never lose a single tower ever.

There's just so much wrong with how the game designers put this Notum Wars thingy out that it isn't funny. You can see the immaturity in his way of thinking. It's the difference between how a grade-schooler would design the rules for some recess game and how a guy in college with economics or mathematics or would design a game. Seems there was a lot of effort put forth but no inspiration whatsoever.

I mean it goes like this:

- I smash you
    - I get a bigger stick as a reward
    - It's easier for me to smash you
    - I smash some more of you
    - I'm now given an even bigger stick and some money
    - You are penalized with a ball and chain around your ankle.
    - I can now smash you while I read a book
    - I smash you nonstop
    - I'm rewarded with a remote control big stick
    - I set my remote control stick to go smash you all over the place while I sleep.

How the hell can anyone enjoy that kind of game? It's over at step one. On Rimor, step one came before Notum Wars was even released. Similar situation exists on Atlantean only not to such a degree. But, the ball will start rolling one way or the other eventually and unless something is done, we'll have the same 'game over' effect.

Ironically...

My org, with about 15 or so level 140+ characters, built a ql 150 base instead of a ql 250 one... because we thought we wouldn't be able to defend a ql 250 one.

For those who need it spelled out, the irony is that a ql 150 base is almost impossible to defend without huge numbers of people, while a ql 250 base is the opposite.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

So Elbo, what you are saying is everyone should go clan? Cause the grass is greener. Yeah a near 10% xp bonus is good, and all that tara loot must be fun, and hunting those uber mobs and stuff, but at the same time we see on these boards all the infighting thats going on, and whining. Is the grass really greener if everyone goes to one side?

Besides were would the game be if it was 100% clan? And to be honest thats the direction its going in right now. Your logic defeats the idea behind the game, I have to agree that the rewards need to be reversed makes more sense for a push and pull game system. But right now your on top of the mountain making room for others to leech off of your hard work, that makes sense.

Obviously for you a game with less challenge is better.
    Jagdtyger
    Vampiira

Quoted from Haiiro (best quote ever).
    ---------------------------------------
    Well ma'am, it's a good thing I've avoided getting married so far, as I don't only intend to continue this war, I intend to finish it, even if I have to fight all by myself while everyone is having sex.
    -----------------------------------------

Sorry Elbo, but I don't want a game I just walk through. I want a purpose to fighting...a common goal. Last thing I want is level more and kill uniques in an even larger group who will never be able to figure out a way to distribute loot. To me towers should be a way to work for benefits for the whole side. It is a shame that it is unbalanced and that any of the bases ranging 150-200 are undefendable. It is kindof a damper on the fun when you have to think in terms of never participating in attacks because if you do you won't have a base. Just too easy to take them down. Ever think that's another reason it's hard for Omni to make offensive moves successfully? So you attack a base Omni holds, you have several orgs who can fairly well rest assured their main base wont be touched if Omni attacks you in counter and that those orgs will also counter omni again. And since we mainly hold bases of ql 100-150 max they are easy picking off. We can expect you to wipe out almost any of orgs represented at any attack we do. I don't want funcom to make Omni life easy compared to clan actually I want them to fix bugs that effect us all.

It is a shame that it is unbalanced and that any of the bases ranging 150-200 are undefendable.
    And that's because they didn't listen to us and allowed the super huge orgs with 30 level 200 players and over 200 players total to attack the bases of orgs they have no business fighting.

They didn't extend the PvP rules to organizations as a whole.

We got organizations with 20,000 total levels to attack orgs with 2000 total levels and 'giving' the land to some other org with 1000 total levels. That's why you can't defend your land against the orgs you are supposed to be battling with.

It's total horse crap with all this nonsense of anybody who isn't in one of 3 or 4 organizations in any faction simply being the puppets of the 'uber guilds' who simply mow you down for the sole reason of jacking up their XP bonus.

Reversing the XP bonus award would go a ways towards getting organizations to combat for areas that would benefit their guild with other organizations that pair up with them competively.

Originally posted by JagdTyger
    So Elbo, what you are saying is everyone should go clan? Cause the grass is greener. Yeah a near 10% xp bonus is good, and all that tara loot must be fun, and hunting those uber mobs and stuff, but at the same time we see on these boards all the infighting thats going on, and whining. Is the grass really greener if everyone goes to one side?

Besides were would the game be if it was 100% clan? And to be honest thats the direction its going in right now. Your logic defeats the idea behind the game, I have to agree that the rewards need to be reversed makes more sense for a push and pull game system. But right now your on top of the mountain making room for others to leech off of your hard work, that makes sense.

Obviously for you a game with less challenge is better.
    i think the closest it'd ever get is 98% ... but I could be wrong " there are some people true to their side/org, what ever that may be and will always fight ;p
    Silinar: 104 Meta-physicist. Elite Operations.

“Man may never understand what we have done. But God will.” ~ George McKinney