Thread: Nanoresist & Level Resist

Exclamation Nanoresist & Level Resist

While the forums are still working ...
    How does it work ?

Stupid Example :

I got a nano that is 100% nano resist and 100% level.
    Nano attack is say 100% Sense Imp.

I'm level 50 and have 120 in sense Imp.
    Mob is level 60 and got 130 in nano resist.

What are my chance ?

Is the attack-deff as follow ? :

Attack - NanoResist * NanoResist% - MobLevel * Level%

in my example : 120 - 130 - 60 = -70

Or is it completly different ?

For that matter, is it the difference between att and def that is imortant or is it the ratio ?

Advanced Questions :

Finally, what happens to the formula if I or the mob shifts its agg/def slider ?

Do "all def" and "all offense" come into account ?

What about fumbles ?

Anything more to add ?

EDIT :

One more advanced question.
    Suppose I cast an "intrusive aura of binding" on my pet.
    My pet will now "cast" the binding effect every 22sec.

Does the attack depends on my skills or on the pet's skills ?
    And what are the pet skilss ...
    I heard some skills of the pet are the same as mine at the time of casting (or is it time of using the shell?), true ?
    Last edited by Phoxtrot; Jan 21st, 2003 at 12:38:01.
    The information above is highly classified and only available to worthy Omni-Tek employees; any individual spilling out this info to filthy rebels will be considered a traitor, cooked alive and fed to leets.
    Phloxom - Engi 86
    My Rimor QL50-120 market place
    Fallen Sword: Free web based MMORPG

I cant comment on the pet thing, but I do know how NR works, without using numbers (since we are not getting those from fc, hehe).

It's attacker nanoskills as AMS vs defender NR multiplied by an unkownfactor of aggrobar-setting. Usually the shift of balance is when you have more NR and full def then the attacker has AMS that you have a good chance to resist.

In short, it works just like evades.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Originally posted by Letah
    I cant comment on the pet thing, but I do know how NR works, without using numbers (since we are not getting those from fc, hehe).

It's attacker nanoskills as AMS vs defender NR multiplied by an unkownfactor of aggrobar-setting. Usually the shift of balance is when you have more NR and full def then the attacker has AMS that you have a good chance to resist.

In short, it works just like evades.
    A bit confusing, but thanks.

So, the attacker's agg/def is of no consequence in terms of resist chances, right ?

The defender's chances are increased if he has a low agg/def but nobody knows really by how much or how, right ?
    (If anybody god better knowledge or educated guesses...)

What about objects that add to "all defense" ? Does that come into account for Nanoresist ? (always or only if you are not full agg/def)

The "level resist" is added to the "nanoresist", correct ?

"level_resist = level% * Level" ?

I'll dig a bit more in the old posts to see what I can find.
    If anybody knows more ...
    The information above is highly classified and only available to worthy Omni-Tek employees; any individual spilling out this info to filthy rebels will be considered a traitor, cooked alive and fed to leets.
    Phloxom - Engi 86

all defense = DMS, and it doesnt influence NR. Else a GA Fixer would have super super uber NR

Attacker aggdef doesnt matter.

I do not think a resist exist depending on lvl, AO isnt a game that checks for lvls other then a few items and nanos. I'm not even sure where you get that from. Or do you mean the offensive nano having a "190% resist", "200% resist", "105% resist" etc? If so, that will directly change the NR value, not the end-value. (meaning aggrobar at full aggro would still mean you are quiet subjective to nearly all nanos, even 190% ones)

To_hit: Nanoskill AMS [ROLL] Aggrobar_constant * NR * Offensive_NR_mod

I think above would be a good value. Most people think the aggro-bar constant is 1 at full def, and less then 1 with higher aggro, some think 50% aggro means 1. Who knows? You cannot test this.

Be glad its easier then evades one, which has more unkown constants:

To_hit: Weaponskill + AMS_mods + (Crit_chance?) [ROLL] Evades + DMS_mods + Aggrobar_constant

Some people even have a theory it might be this:

To_hit: ((Weaponskill + AMS_mods + Crit_chance)*Aggro_bar_constant) [ROLL] Evades + DMS_mods + Aggrobar_constant

Or:

To_hit: Weaponskill + AMS_mods + (Crit_chance*Aggro_bar_constant) [ROLL] Evades + DMS_mods + Aggrobar_constant

(Which seems very plausable to me, because DMS is also affected by aggro, why wouldnt AMS be? Do know im talking to the chance to get hit, not the actual dmg roll!
    Last edited by Letah; Jan 21st, 2003 at 15:39:44.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Thanks again, getting the picture.

Here is an example of level resist :

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&id=204358

I think some (all ?) mezzes/charms also have them.

I wonder if it directly use the level of the mob or if it uses the diff between the nano QL and the mob level (or something else...)

As for testing, we can of course test but it requires many characters pseudo-duelling each other (to be able to see what makes a difference), a LOT of dedication (since we need to guess some of the basics and not just a single number) some rather good knowledge of statistical analysis and good mathematical intuition.

I don't want to put all that on my shoulders but if someone feels dedicated enough, I can help.
    Phloxom - Engi 86

Hmm thats something new in the db that doesnt show in-game. I dont know what it means, I guess I'll ask around.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Ask any non-noob crat.
    Phloxom - Engi 86