Thread: AS should req. conceal in PvP

AS should req. conceal in PvP

As you know AS can be used freely during PvP even if u have 0 conceal. But you can not use it in PvM as the monster sees you.
    I think AS should be done only if your conceal is greater than other sides perception or conceal should have a high bonus for AS. OR can someone explain me why is that different for PvP and PvM? OR If i have enough conceal i must be able to AS again in PvM too like PvP.
    Hope this will be fixed in next patch.

Yes, it should.

But unfortunately, if they were to change it now, it would constitute a major nerf to a large portion of the population.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Then they should make AS related to conceal vs perception in PvM.
    Everyone have Rifle AS gun in his hand and they r hitting better AS than the ones with conceal. Having ip given to Conceal should give me a bonus or why do we have that skill for. I could increase my runspeed and do missions faster than sneak.

Ever tried hiding?

Well, with Concealment maxed, and some other form of Concealment buff (Shadow Crown etc.) You should be able to hide (hit ´h´ to start sneaking, and forgive me if you already knew that ) from mobs and AS them.

Another tactic is to run into a mission room and press ´tab´and `AS` in quick succession. Works a lot of times.

I do agree though that AS does not work as it should. IMHO it should take a lot longer to squeeze off a shot, but it should do more damage as well in PvP. The 40% damage cap is ridiculous for snipers. I´m not saying remove the cap, but maybe put it up to 60%-80%, that way you actually have a chance of killing someone as agent.

Just my tow creds

Re: Ever tried hiding?

Originally posted by Orionite
    Another tactic is to run into a mission room and press ´tab´and `AS` in quick succession. Works a lot of times.
    Yah, the rest of the times you hit the calmed pet in the last room...

Re: Ever tried hiding?

Originally posted by Orionite
    Well, with Concealment maxed, and some other form of Concealment buff (Shadow Crown etc.) You should be able to hide (hit ´h´ to start sneaking, and forgive me if you already knew that ) from mobs and AS them.

I do agree though that AS does not work as it should. IMHO it should take a lot longer to squeeze off a shot, but it should do more damage as well in PvP. The 40% damage cap is ridiculous for snipers. I´m not saying remove the cap, but maybe put it up to 60%-80%, that way you actually have a chance of killing someone as agent.

Just my tow creds
    What will u do when there are adds? OR the boss room? You only have 1 chance of AS. You got misunderstood me. I know how to AS quite well. But what i meant is the use of AS even if you are seen by the mob should be a conceal vs perception percentage.

I think AS should have no ties to concealment at all. Why would you have to hide to aim your weapon? Besides in a wide open flat field it's extremly streaching the imagination to have something to 'hide' behind. It's not llike any of the armor is camoflaged. I guess we can imagine were shrinking down and hiding behind a bade of grass heh. The only thing an aimed shot should require is perhaps 2 more seconds after you press it to actually aim @ a critical spot on your targets body.

Ya, uhm, how about this:

You remain concealed until someone gets a high enough perception to spot you? In that time, u can move, shoot, use nanos etc... ya, how about that? Get more AS off...

You shouldn't need Conceal to use a AS even in PvM. I think that if you choose to try and be concealed it gives more of a bonus. IE: remaining concealed while shooting. only thing concealment would be good for.

But what am I saying, I'm jsut an agent that loves using AS more than once in PvP.

Originally posted by Unit99
    I guess we can imagine were shrinking down and hiding behind a bade of grass heh.
    You can imagine dying and coming back to life, doing magic type things called nanos in game but can't imagine hiding in a flat area??? Blahh
    AS should check the conceal and perception skills of the both sides to be successfull.

While I don't think AS should have to be higher than the others perception to be successful in PvP,I do think it would be good if having higher conceal gave better AS damage.

Originally posted by Unit99
    I think AS should have no ties to concealment at all. Why would you have to hide to aim your weapon? Besides in a wide open flat field it's extremly streaching the imagination to have something to 'hide' behind. It's not llike any of the armor is camoflaged. I guess we can imagine were shrinking down and hiding behind a bade of grass heh. The only thing an aimed shot should require is perhaps 2 more seconds after you press it to actually aim @ a critical spot on your targets body.
    It's not a matter of realism. It's a matter of balance. Most class can use their uber special only once during a fight, why not agents ?

I think that concealing isn't required in PvP for historical reasons: the ability to actualy hide to player who don't have enough perception has only been added about 6 month ago. Before that, sneaking didn't mean anything in PvP, because you could still be seen by anyone when sneaking.

Maxflier: I think that AS damage is good enough as it is now. Why calling for uberness if you know that it won't possibly happen ?

I'd rather they just changed these skills (AS and Sneak Attack too) to simply be normal special attacks with two (pretty major) exceptions. They should occur in the next attack cycle as a normal attack, the attack phase should take twice as long (double the base speed then apply agg/def and init modifiers) and your defences should be halved whilst the attack part of the cycle is going (recharge should be as normal). That would be more in keeping with taking your time to get an accurate shot/strike in and leaving yourself a bit exposed in the process...

But I'll not hold my breath on that
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Let me clarify......
    I don't mean having high conceal should give us more AS damage than we get now,i just mean people with little or no concelament shouldn't get a high damage AS as easily as someone with very high conceal.Just my opinion.

Originally posted by Maxflier
    Let me clarify......
    I don't mean having high conceal should give us more AS damage than we get now,i just mean people with little or no concelament shouldn't get a high damage AS as easily as someone with very high conceal.Just my opinion.
    Better grammer than mine
    And also AS can be done without sneak in PvM too as you guys said it has nothing to do with conceal!!!

Originally posted by Maxflier
    Let me clarify......
    Oh, ok. Didn't understand it like that. My bad :)

Originally posted by Darkbane
    I'd rather they just changed these skills (AS and Sneak Attack too) to simply be normal special attacks with two (pretty major) exceptions. They should occur in the next attack cycle as a normal attack, the attack phase should take twice as long (double the base speed then apply agg/def and init modifiers) and your defences should be halved whilst the attack part of the cycle is going (recharge should be as normal). That would be more in keeping with taking your time to get an accurate shot/strike in and leaving yourself a bit exposed in the process...

But I'll not hold my breath on that
    Here here!
    I never understod why you have to hide to aim your gun. You do have to become stoic and that leaves you a little vulnerable, and take some more time to make the shot. That only makes sense.

But yeah, I wont hold my breath for any sensable solution to AS. They really should just change the name to "magic bullet" or something that more describes the nature of the attack.
    IMI Tellus TT Advocate.
    Helsinki Dual wielding Tellus Soldier
    Chlamydia Combat Medic "turn right and cough..."
    Heygimme Gourmet baby chef and connoisseur.

If aimed Shot were to change 1 on 1 PvP fights would take ten times longer, and now they are way to long anyways.

Bring Back the 10K Aimed on PvP then put in something that allows for a check of conceal versus percept to make that work.

There are alot of other things that need to be fixed before we cry for AS issues.

-S
    ----------------------------------------
    Scorse - Trader - RK2
    Adrastus II Headquarters
    Adrastus II
    What I Wear Today...
    ----------------------------------------

Originally posted by Asli

Better grammer than mine
    And also AS can be done without sneak in PvM too as you guys said it has nothing to do with conceal!!!

As it SHOULDNT
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Tie it into conceal to even get off? No.

This is an easy solution, if FC'd implement it.

Right now, AimedShot relys on the AimedShot skill and that alone
    to determine recycle times and damage. If they split the damage
    mods with conceal, statistically, it'd be more in an agents favor.

Instead of 100% AimedShot, divide it. No one gets better conceal
    than agents. Make it 50% conceal, 50% aimedshot, and you'll see
    agents doing much better AS's with enormous conceal skills that
    they have, and every other class will do average and most likely
    not hit the 40% cap as much as they can, as it is. Anyway, it'd work..

Agents are supposed to be MASTERs of Aimedshot, being their lone skill.

Like I've said numerous times, any class OTHER than the agent
    can triple implant AS and use a VE and still recharge and do
    better AS's than an agent. Reason is, our rifles are inherently
    slow and AS clusters conflict with rifle. Any class can have higher
    AS skill, therefore better AS damage and recharge speeds...

With the new 50/50 modifer split, agents will be back on top.

(Maybe even make it 50% conceal, 25% Rifle, 25% AimedShot.)