Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something they could do instead of an overequiping nerf...

Originally posted by ULTRA1
    Of course the effects of de-buffs could be halved for PVP too =]
    yes that would help alot.

Thumbs down

Okay- Most of us over equip- and guess what? most of us love doing it! it's a challenge!

How big of a gun can i get on?

Whats the max ac's can i get at my LVL?

What QL implants can i get?

Most of the wrangles/buffs ared use for equipping a gun/armor/implants. (implants main purpose is to 'over equip')

The casual gamer should not be as good as a person who spends his/her time figuring out the math for equipping QL 110 implants at lvl 25. It is really possible to get in QL 90 implants at lvl 12-15. (after patch).

I know a lvl 7 agent wiht a QL 110 rifle.. His attack rating is soo low the dmg is crap for a QL 110 gun. This same goes for the shotguns. At lvl 25 i had to equip a QL 100 lizzard just so i can do some dmg. A shotgun is only good if it's 60-100 QL's above you.

People spend time to get good equipment on them. If they nerf it then why over equip at all? it cuts half of AO wiht that nerf. half the buffs/wrangles are useless. Why call it over equipping? am i not supposed to have a QL 180 dragon on at lvl 100? Why not? if 132 wrangles are accessable then why not?

Over equipping is not bad- we all love to do it.

( our characters are supposed to reflect the ammount of time and work we put in them )
    Last edited by V.T. Stampede; Feb 18th, 2002 at 14:25:41.

However the game isn't fun when you can twink your character to such an extent that a normal player stands absolutely no chance. When you know the ins and outs and have access to all the buffs and equipment you can make your toon unbeatable. The poor nubes don't stand a chance, and it really isn't all that much fun.

Sure the experienced hardcore player should have an advantage over casual gamers, but not an unsermountable one.

Originally posted by Sredni
    However the game isn't fun when you can twink your character to such an extent that a normal player stands absolutely no chance. When you know the ins and outs and have access to all the buffs and equipment you can make your toon unbeatable. The poor nubes don't stand a chance, and it really isn't all that much fun.

Sure the experienced hardcore player should have an advantage over casual gamers, but not an unsermountable one.

heh- AO has a big learning curb. We can't expect to stand toe to toe wiht an experienced PVP'er only after a few weeks of starting the game..

What do the noobs look forward to if they can't be great like some of the chars atm? being lvl 200? lol...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12