Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clans ever going to get an advantage?

Red face Clans ever going to get an advantage?

Ive heard of clans getting guild bonus' as their advantage..... but havent seen anything on the subject for a while and was wondering when we clanners might be getting this fix?

What I dont get is they "SAY" Omni has cheaper stuff but.

Can you buy al 130+ or lets say your in my position.
    Can I buy ql 180 armour in shops? NO I DONT THINK SO.

Ok ok earlier on you buy it from the shops but LATER on you do missions.

Now where is the logic in that?

We dont have an advantage, if we do please tell me I see NO advantage, I feel no advantage.
    Clanners are as level as omni, it doesnt take a genious to see that when you go and speak to some... "clanners"

Ok ok beofre you get unlogical and act in a really overhyperactive manner cuz Im not agreeing, think before you post.
    I have some perfectly decent valid points.

Id like to know what "Bonuses" the clan get also tho

Money being not an advantage I'd gladly get 300k anytime.
    Just call me in game and hand me some creds.

See I am not even asking 1 mil, but something that you CAN give me.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

shopping

At the moment the Clans have access to the OT shopping channels, while OT dont have access to the Clans ones, I'd say this was a pretty nice Advantage

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Not at all.

Just use the shopbots and bever ever bother with the shopping channels. You have the Clan and Omni flavor for this bot. Both are accessible for everyone. Including neutrals.

Fixers should stay in touch with the new selling technologies.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

my own fault I suppose, I should have been clearer. I ment OT doesnt have DIRECT access to the clan channel, so they cant just watch and see if there is anything they want. must remember to actually say what I mean hehe

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Our advantage is that we are not Omni.
    That is more then enough
    Bouche (186) Opifex MP - Guild of Meta Physicists
    Experienced (47) Solitus Soldier
    Rough (41) Atrox Enforcer
    Portas (5) Solitus Keeper

The clan advantages are coming. For a little bit of an insight, the In Production page has some information on it:

Clan special abilities – Clan organisations will be able to choose certain skills in which all members of the organisation receive a buff.

Some of you may have seen items in shops that said something along the lines of "Clan Advantage - 1hd blunt". This is an example of the advantages, but many more are coming (in this case the advantage would be great for a clan with alot of Enforcers).
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Mmmmh... seems I will be answering all of you post today.

This is nice and is what was intended.
    Now excuse me if I put my helmet and jump in my Yalm to get away from all the baaawhaaaaa baaaawhaaaaa OT posts that will follow.

baaawhaaaaa baaaawhaaaaa

Darn dem clanners always git de nice stuff. Plz giv uz OTers sum more of dat lovin too plz.

Just kidding, I'm not jealous, oh ok I am

Cosmik,

I believe the original question was when. As he said, we hadn't heard anything about it in awhile and was hoping for an update on progress.

And while we are on the subject of clans and In Progress, since you answered us a month or so ago and said that the NPC clans would be opening to players in addition to the OT Departments, please add that to In Progress or Envisioned so it is official.

Scorus

Shopbots were mentioned. Don't those only work on the level 1-50 channels?

Not too useful if you're level 100+, are they?

No shopbots are working with tell and they automatically redirect items you are looking for and their seller by /tell.

/tell shopbot help

Shopbot works for all qls, I constantly get offered ql 200 stuff from shopbot...
    NT phone HOME!!

Originally posted by Cosmik
    The clan advantages are coming. For a little bit of an insight, the In Production page has some information on it:

Clan special abilities – Clan organisations will be able to choose certain skills in which all members of the organisation receive a buff.

Some of you may have seen items in shops that said something along the lines of "Clan Advantage - 1hd blunt". This is an example of the advantages, but many more are coming (in this case the advantage would be great for a clan with alot of Enforcers).
    I'm not sure if that is going to give us clanner any advantage at all. Look at the current Omni advantages:

1. You can sell loot for more money in Omni stores than in Clan stores.

2. Omni Med suit(which I hope won't be made omni only, I don't mind it only being sold in Omni stores, we all have contacts with reliable smugglers or clan sympathizers. :-) )

3. Omni only armor

All these benefits are available to all Omni not just organized omni.

The clan advantage will be a benefit for organized clanners only. Not only that but what if you're in a very diverse guild. Do we have to decide what members we want to keep? Since I doubt any enforcers will stay if we decide to only buff MC, TS and shotgun?(This is assuming we will get a set limit of skills to buff.) Also will that buff have any implication? Sure a +10 buff is a lot at lvl 1-30, but after that it's not really all that. Also bear in mind that equipment is 75% of the job.

Just my 2 cents.
    Atrocious - taking ugly to the next level.

Atrocious - Atrox Enforcer - Member of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Aniana - Solitus Engineer(Uber gimp) - Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Plasmatiq - Solitus Soldier

Plus countless other alts I play with once in a while.

Just because armor is omni-only is not an advantage in and of itself. Elite and omnipol are no better than flowers, in fact, I would say that they are worse, and desert and forest aren't very good at all. Granted, we have a slightly larger armor selection but it's only limited to agil/str and str/stam armor.

As for the money issue, I don't know much about this myself and am curious. Does anyone know how much more money omni employees get? Is it really that significant a difference?
    Last edited by Keldrys; Feb 4th, 2002 at 21:37:58.

Actually, I don't think there will be a set number that only allows a few skill boosts. They have upkeeps, so the more you get, the more you pay.

And there are lots of generic skills that everyone needs: Comp literacy, evades and so on. However, you and your guildmembers should get together and decide this for yourself. And remember, those enforcers will not have lowered skills in any way.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Originally posted by Keldrys

As for the money issue, I don't know much about this myself and am curious. Does anyone know how much more money omni employees get? Is it really that significant a difference?
    It's a lot actually. As someone posted somewhere in Clan town they would get 6k for a certain ql blood plasma, and in omni trade they would be offered 9k for it.

I always grid to Omni Trade to sell my mission loot. Since I started doing that I haven't had as much of a money problem as usual. I know it' sreally bad RPing, but he'll if I really wanted two jobs I would take one which payed real $. :-)

Originally posted by WGMelchior
    And there are lots of generic skills that everyone needs: Comp literacy, evades and so on. However, you and your guildmembers should get together and decide this for yourself. And remember, those enforcers will not have lowered skills in any way.
    That is true, but do you think a enforcer would stick it out in a guild which boosts only skills he has no use for? Don't think so. If there is a limited number of skills which can be boosted then I think guilds may become very profession oriented.

And the most important part is that clanners who are not in a guild will not get any benefits.

Originally posted by Plasmatiq
    Changed subscription to monthly on Jan 18th 2002 in order to be able to cancel account faster.
    Plasmatiq, I assume this is supposed to be a kinda threatening 'heads up' to Funcom, that you might be considering canceling in protest of a future action. Do you realize that means you are paying them more for the privelege of canceling faster? Seems like a bit of an oxymoron. (I think that's the word I'm looking for) :)

Not a flame, this just made me kinda laugh. :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast