Thread: What are the best professions for PvP and why?

What are the best professions for PvP and why?

What are the best professions for PvP and why?

MP with a shotgun.

1) They can cast nanos much higher than their level (mastery, infuse, mochams).

2) They have good attack pets

3) They have good heal pets. Better than any HoT.

4) They have nanos to lower your Nano skills.

Engies have better pets, but can only get the higher level pets with MP and Trader buffs.

Traders are good, but they still can't beat an MP who already has the pets up.

or Doc, get good dots, heals, be atrox, use hp implants, get good shottie.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Depends a lot on what level you plan to play to.

Under the current rules docs at 200 would be pretty amazing.

Soldiers are good that high too.

Traders are still very uber that high as are metas.

Tell me what level you are thinking of PVPing at, that will help.

NT rules.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

No doubt at all about that, 150+ NT is right up there with a doc. They have mad killing powerz. They may not be the VERY BEST 1 on 1 Class, but you can clear out a whole village of lowbies, esp with a fixers area slow.

Meta-Physicists currently rule PvP. Having three pets, regardless of their effectiveness, forces opponents to deal with FOUR freaking targets. That confusion alone is a big help. But, the pets ARE effective. One heals, one attacks, one mezmerizes. The mez pet being the least effective, still causes problems.

Enforcers have always been among the best. They have insane amounts of hit points. They have great healing capability and the ability to break roots and snares at will (which I feel is total horsecrap, but hey, that's me). Besides this, they do a sick amount of damage, even with their slow weapons.

Traders...and I find this laughable....are also very good in PvP, especially against caster classes. Their debufs are insane, they have Hit Point leaching nanos that hurt and heal at the same time and their weapon of choice, the vektor is perhaps the one weapon in the game SCREAMING to be nerfed with the ridiculous critical damage it does.
    Last edited by AnotherFixer; Feb 1st, 2002 at 16:09:59.

They have great healing capability and the ability to break roots and snares at will (which I feel is total horsecrap, but hey, that's me).
    Rage doesnt work with our layered shield.

It also takes the game a full one-two seconds to figure out you are unrooted even after you get the message "XXX root terminated".

By then a good player will already have cast another root and moved out of range.

If you are a good player, playing a rooting class ,and only let me hit you once, you will be fine. If I hit you more than once, things are going to get messy. Players who don't let he hit them more than once own me.

Enforcers may be powerful, but if you are standing toe to toe with one as an agent/trader/NT/fixer you are a fool.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

A whole two seconds to get unrooted eh? Wow...that's too bad. Especially considering that it takes a fixer 4 seconds for each shot with a mausser.

Result? By the time an enforcer breaks the root and is already running at the rooter, the rooter MAYBE got one shot off.

Last I'm going to say on the matter.

If you stand toe to toe with an enforcer you are a fool.

Mausser: 1s attack, 3s recharge.
    I'm not even going to go into a supressor. Go get one when you hit your next title cap.

You are going to have your init raised above 600 and implanted as well, so figure 1s attack 1-2 sec recharge. 2-3 seconds attack.

Fell Rage: 2s attack IF WE ARE ON FULL AGGRO. A lot of melee users go full D when rooted.

2s to cast rage, 2s for the "root has broken" message, 2 more seconds for the game to figure that out, and let me move.

6 seconds. That's 2-3 shots, depending on your melee init.

You can run a lot faster than an enforcer. We have dark blue run. Need I say more?

Rage takes 116 Nanopoints at QL50 rage. Mongo Bash! takes 300. Most enfs around 80-120 have around 900 nanopool for 3 mongos, from what I've seen.

I've fought a good fixer before. It takes patience on their part. Root, shoot, run, run, shoot, run, shoot, root, etc. I've been beaten more than once by a GOOD fixer or another GOOD rooting class. Don't fight in the arena. Go out in PW or DAV or 2ho or 4holes where there's lots of room for you to run. Granted you have to stand still to shoot and we can swing while running, but you are faster. A LOT faster.

There's a whole thread about how fixers can be good in PvP, so I'm not going to get further off topic here by continuing the discussion.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Docs,Traders and MPs is the best at PvP, choose one you like the best
    NT phone HOME!!

Enforcers have always been among the best. They have insane amounts of hit points. They have great healing capability and the ability to break roots and snares at will (which I feel is total horsecrap, but hey, that's me).
    haha, you must be a rooter. Guess what, there has to be something that melee can do, and rage is one of the difining nano's of enforcers, and it is not too awful powerfull, roll an enforcer and use it, then come back and tell me how bad and evil it is.

Like posted above 4 sec minimum time before they can move, and cant be used with layer sheild.

Hows about this, some classes can root melee classes and make them completely helpless (which I feel is total horsecrap, but hey, that's me)

People who live in glass houses........

and meta is best pvp class overall at most levels, with docs being a close second
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Well, my soldier (109) is scared of pretty much everyone. I can never be sure I'll do well in pvp. I'm fairly certain I can kill even level nt's and traders and fixers. Agents and ma's maby, engineers and crats I can kill the character but the bot is out of the question. I stand absolutely no chance against an mp, an enforcer, or a doctor kitted out for pvp. Those proff's I might as well terminate when confronting.

My enforcer (30) on the other hand is afraid of nothing. He's low lvl yet granted, but at this moment I'll stack him toe to toe against any other even lvl class. Heck I'll go up against peeps 10 levels over me and still expect to win (except against other enforcers and mps). Against other enforcers it's a slog fest to see who's twinked the most , and against mp's it's kinda a toss up weather I can outdamage the heal pet, or if I can't, weather I can kill the heal pet and kill the mp before he summons another. Traders can deny me my mongo (that's like taking away my crack tho , just makes me mad), but they still die, agents, roots are good, but rage is better . Nobody else can even slow me down I'd have to say enforcers are a great proff for pvp. No other class has it so easy overequiping armour and weapons (mmmmhammer), and I seem to have more hp's then god. I love my enforcer.

Touchy Subject=/

There is no end all class (thank goodness).

IMO traders are the best of the classes (with crit buff).

Followed by MP's.

Followed by Enfo's.

Followed by Docs/Nt's.

Just my $00.02

Exclamation

Fixer! we can run away!

Melbringi 70 Fixer RK2