Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Since it looks like the days are numbered for this board...

Am I missing something here, or is it really that hard to all agree on a new forum to use and still have the same group as you have had...and when meeting new people, giving them the link?

Right now 90% of this board is one specific group of people who all seem to know each other, so it strikes me as odd that everyone is worried about losing touch with each other, when you could all just agree on a new set of forums.

Heck, if you want, I'll even re do my personal forums as a RP forum for all of you to use. We can even link it from teh AO links page "Role Play Forums". I am all for it, but I think everyone should take a step back and breath, and then work together, cause you all do for the most part anyway
    AO is not just about pvp, or Rp or power lvling. It is about whatever the players choose to bring to it. Don't make it personal against one of these groups because you feel nerfed by the game company.

Atlantian: "Jesska Rhees" - lvl 153 Crat - retired
    Rimor: Krazee "Lilyflie" Madness - lvl 103 ENF - semi around again

For what it's worth... my vote of confidence goes to Tappert's RPCentral, http://rpcentral.no-ip.com.

Baldness rules. Trust me, I know.

Garret "Bonefish" Silvestrini
    Director - SPARTA
    Chairman of the Omni-Tek Security Council

Founding Member of the Omni-Tek Security Council (OTSEC)

The Omni-Tek Security Council is dedicated to ensuring the company’s security and interests against all threats, coordinating any action deemed necessary to protect corporate assets and personnel.

garret.silvestrini@ot-sparta.org | www.ot-sparta.org

I havnt been in game today, just thought id look at the forums.... I was Shocked and horrified by what is said here! I can't belive these forums are to close, such a shame and a contradiction as someone has already mentioned. Well, if its to go ahead, Ill miss you all here, fun reading and posting here. FC Sort it out unless you want to go the way of verant, or at least give us a no BS explination of why, without the corporate spiel.

But as Im a RP Central user, all of us can migrate there. Missing this forum already,
    Last edited by SinisterCake; Jan 20th, 2003 at 22:59:39.
    Crattyjack (RUR) - Director of Sales.
    Nashka (RUR) - Security Chief.
    Greenie01 (Devils Advocate) - Wheeler an Dealer.
    Emmet 'Bazzit' (Uncle Bazzit Foundry) - (Unofficial) CEO.
    Sightsee (The Makers Shades) - Lord.

There are a lot of people who come by and read this board without posting. Yeah, 90% of the "posters" seam to know each other, but I would guess that the browsers and "non-posters" are a lot more.

My position with my organization is "press agent". When we hold an event, or have an official statement, I make that statement. Yes! Event turnout is dependant on more factors than just the board, but I'm guess that when this board goes, attendance at r/p events is going to drop. If we go to an invitation only board, I'll basically be advetising to people who already know about the events.

This has really got me upset.
    Hattie "Ditzie" Wagner
    Director of "Devil's Advocate"
    A Division of "Omni-Reform"

Where's your spirits?

Although I wholeheartedly agree that this is a major blow to the player community, and maybe especially to us, the roleplayers, I don't want to fold over and die. Come now, people...we can do this. I don't think Funcom will alter their decision, so we have to find an alternative way of meeting offline. Unless people want to give up.

The dedication of the roleplayers on AO is a heartfelt, touching one. Even though we get disappointed almost every day, we don't have to lay down our strive to go on. This can continue...why shouldn't it. In the beginning it might be hard to adjust, but I believe in peoples ability to change habits. Really...it's truly only a matter of changing the link in Favorites.

Maybe I'm naïve (glares at certain people), but I for one will not give up, roll over, play dead and rot away to oblivion.

I'm not blindly protecting, I'm not belittling the damage this could do, I'm not proposing that we don't really need Funcom and a storyline. I am merely saying that we've all seen good times and bad, and survived it. This is a bad time, and I know people can survive this very one too. If they truly want to.

I love these forums just as much as the next person. I will miss them, but I wont give up. Call me a fanboi (girl) or whatever...but I love AO. And my game experience is not going to suffer because we have to move. The great stories, the funny "bickering", the truly talented fanfiction writing...it wont go away...just move.

Oh...and I will probably be moving to Tapperts place. I like it.

Player of Lille

PS! Yeah...it sucks.

Granted, Lille has a point, and I appreciate her view, too. I'd love to be optimistic about this, but I can't be. There's nothing optimistic about it. The need to "benefit" the community doesn't justify it(the removal of the RP forum, alone, mind you) for me.

Of course, I'll deal with it, I have to deal with it if I intend to continue playing AO. I just think it was a poorly timed incident in a long line of other poorly timed, negative, incidents related to the roleplaying aspects of life on Rubi-Ka.

And while, sure, we're just being made to 'move', it's still highly insulting(and lacking in tact, in my opinion) to the Roleplay community as a whole. It's as though "Roleplaying" is being removed from their list of game "features", and that is disheartening.

Then again... mindless gaming sells.

*shrug*

See you on the "other side".
    Lauri
    Cookiemonger

The Original GSP Groupie

For long I was telling to myself "Oh whatever, buy this damn booster pack, you ll give them the cash needed to do better things..."

*grumbles*
    Thanks FC to let a community like ours homeless
    Emilia Enrima Orender, fixer of First Light
    "Whole idea on fixer is being fast, hard to hit. hard to catch and sleazy person in every way. If rooting gives you edge, do it. If u need to chain root, do it. In pvp u use every tool given to you. You are not a knight in shining armor, you are a gangster and thief. You sure dont have to play fair." Snowlion

Hmm. Well I'm totally new to the game and had yet to introduce myself on the RP forums.

I was looking forward to doing so in the near future though.
    But of course, now I can't.
    Over the last few weeks I've had a great time reading through the stories, politics and general chatter that goes on in here.

So far I've found Funcoms service to be really good when I've had dealings with them. Now I am beginning to see why so many of the older players are discouraged or downright pissed off.

Well done FC.

With any luck I will be able to find my way to the new adopted home of this community.
    Firalon; Would you like a spanner in the works?

Nedax; Grazed knee is it?

A true diplomat knows how to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that he looks forward to the trip...

Post blah

what is it with these games and treating Rpers like crap?

I did my best to RP in EQ for 3 years. Finally I move to FV, supposed to be an RP preferred server. What do I get, ruleset changes to make the dudes and idiots happy, oh yes and Teir'dal (Dark elves) who think cyber sex is RP.

Why AO wants to offend any portion of their remaining client base is a mystery to me. Maybe they know something I don't. In any case, I do take offense to this action.

Playing AO to run missions, and team with BrockLezzzznar, BigPapaPump etc is not good enough to keep me around.

I would love to see a game come up with a ruleset like the FIRST one on FV in EQ for the entire game. Sad fact is though, we are definately a minority to the quake kids...
    Gorgetha
    Priestess of the Unspeakable
    Omni Meta-physicist (RK1 Atlantean)

Dont give up on this forum... You guys have a solid arguement for keeping it. This is a mmoRPG. You cant just remove the RP boards from an RPG... it doesnt work.

So since a lot of people in the game RP, i think that FC should keep your forum!
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

((People in abusive relationships often react in similar ways as on here. Total disgust, anger, a resolve to get out of the horrible situation. Soon changes into a feeling of 'I'm strong, I can lick it.' And inevetably(sp?) I can change him/her if I just stick around.

I wonder how many time Funcom can whack us with the stick until it's enough.

This has left me with a feeling of utter disgust.

From the Funcom main site.

"Funcom is a world leading developer and publisher of online entertainment.
    Since 1993 we have provided the market with electronic entertainment, and have in close cooperation with companies like Disney and Sony Computer Entertainment developed games like Pocahontas, Casper and Speed Freaks."

And you learn nothing from that?

"We have a young and exciting environment with 130 highly skilled employees in our offices in USA and Europe. "

Really now? You think Cz could get a little help from 130 higly skilled employees.

It just seems to me the rats are abandoning ship. Usually it goes daown after that.
    Garret "Necc" Scheer press officer of Desert Winds (MSAS)

Karma, the world's true equalizer.

Free Rubi-Ka!

Im one of the people that reads here on a regular bases but almost never posts.. This part of the board is usually 99.9999% of the time friendly and positve and creative...

You all make me smile and sometimes wish i was on RK1 (only sometimes i love my friends on rk2)

I wont be going to other forums to read rp...i have these and guilds, i dont need another place to go...
    Queen of the Ninjas

Slyyk - MUHAHAHA! Old Fixers never die, they just take a different grid exit.

Cosmik - And don't worry, Jorji. We've got FC love for everyone. It's stockpiled and going out the door.

Jorji's art page (some mature content )

zomg she finally got myspace lawls

Although I don't post much on this forum I am a regular lurker, and it would be a SHAME if FC decided to close this part of the forum. But after all, it IS a RP game, and closing the Role-Playing part of the forums sounds like shooting one's leg off. Aw, guess I just posted to to let my air out...

FC better open their eyes...

Maybe they've given up on the storyline part...

But still a lot of ppl out there do an excellent job, and they need somewhere to post.

Seems to me a lill stupid to remove that...
    Best regards Juliet Poetica Capulet (female solitus trader lvl195 - poet by heart, Oh Romeo, - who need Romeo?) Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)
    "Not all who wander are lost." (John Ronald Reuel Tolkien)
    "To Dare is to risk losing your foothold for a moment, Not to Dare is to risk losing yourself." (Søren Kierkegaard)

Anaïs Manifestos Nin (female solitus mp lvl 171) Member of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Angel Heroess Heart (female solitus fixer lvl 102) Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Luna YangYing Lee (female solitus MA lvl 75) Unit Commander of Legionaries
    Meow Wyxxen Meow (female solitus doc lvl 74) Applicant of Legionaries
    Destiny ZorZereZ Decay (female nanomage nt lvl 57) Applicant of Legionaries
    Kittie DarkGodess Catt (female solitus soldier lvl 39) Applicant of Legionaries
    Modesty PlayGirl Blaise (female solitus engie lvl 19) Member of Legionaries

Several people have said that we will migrate to another forum. It irks me to no end that this is required but I will if that is what it takes to stay in touch with everyone. I don't understand whi if they can have volunteer ARKs they cant have volunteer moderators.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

I urge everyone to please go sign up at RPCentral. It seems to be our new watering hole, and I hope everyone will agree to migrate there. They're very well designed boards, no doubt about that.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Originally posted by Bonefish
    For what it's worth... my vote of confidence goes to Tappert's RPCentral, http://rpcentral.no-ip.com
    Well when he first closed it down it was because we didn't use it enough, now I guess it will get more use.

Its a great site. I agree with Missmaul, everyone should move there. If we have to move, lets not get split up
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

They do have volunteers running the AOIRC as they said in that silly little letter.

I do see all of your points, but we have to try and understand FC's reasoning behind this. All I ever see from players is whining about everything that FC ever does that they think will be good for us.

I'm sure our friend Meister has absolutely no problem with all of this because it will mean more traffic.

I dont quite agree with their reasoning, but atleast I understand, and I wont complain. I will make the best of what is given me, just as the Clans have done all their lives.

They may have gone too far for some of you, but personally I still like AO. No matter how much I dislike some things FC does.

I don't intend on quiting, but it just seems...RUDE...to just up and quit the forums without even so much as having a player survey done.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Oh yes, and RPCentral looks nice to me too!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast