Thread: Roleplaying?

Roleplaying?

Is there anywhere to find roleplaying in AO? Are there any RP focused orgs or areas? By RP I don't mean talking funny or just hating the other side, I just mean staying in character and not making references to the outside world.

Everyone I meet seems to only want to talk about powerleveling, stats or the real world.

There is a Roleplaying forum in the Community section of this message board. You'll find all you need to know and a lot you would rather not know there.

Also there is a reasonable current list of rp guilds on this thread
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

What Savoy said! There is a decent sized RP community at least on RK1. Come join us!
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Originally posted by Vixentrox
    What Savoy said! There is a decent sized RP community at least on RK1. Come join us!
    But you better hurry, because it may not last :-(
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

What I've hlearned troughout my limited experience with MMORPG's is that the roleplaying usually starts with you. Coming from Dark Age of Camelot and being a very forwarded person concerning roleplay on a particular server community, the step to AO was quite a pleasant one. It's a techno cyberpunk future, so roleplay around the words powerlevelling. Give them a twist in words and stray away from the word-shortcuts. Call the medic Doc, give your character a little twist of speech.

But also keep in mind that due to that cyberpunk genre this game is on, and the massive playerbase, you ARE going to encounter a lot of "doods" (hate that word). Just grit your teeth, or look at what they are saying, shrug and think that they're trying at least if it sounds reasonable. Because that'll keep you going. Solo.

Guildwise? Yeah, check the links. Whispers' Edge for Clan seems pretty solid, I talked to Tron20 a while ago, and he was very helpfull, no /tells involved. Walked up to him, did a few emotes, drew his attention and took him for a walk, then heard about his guild and everything. Their stance on the Omnitech sides and everything. Pretty good.

I hope this helped somewhat!
    "Christ and Hunter, you walking pile of scrap! Dont dare bug out on me now!"