Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 250 attack going on and not looking good

You know what? Sorry but had some fun for a while. Was no way that action would not trigger a united clan attack, but hey was kind of fun defending a high level base for a change. Grats on the base OC. Hope wasn't too dull for you being forced to kick us off your land

So we took advantage of something that was probably a really hard time for OC guild. From what I heard fromm Speeddlr he was just tired of game going nowhere and had issues with some of the stuff going on in clan atm. He was apparently very torn up about losing some old friends. What anyone's motivations are I can't know; let my subscription to Rimor Clans Soap Opera Digest lapse months ago.

Why did getting something handed to us give us hope? Well actually the base was less important to us I think than the fact that it's existence kicked into motion some good talks about ways to try to move Omni forward again. For many Omni because of numbers of active members NW is forcing change that is necessary now, but also maybe because it is, things that would not have worked before are viable now.

The merger between LH and IC sortof got kicked into gear because of a base but likely the hopes for what could be gained from such a merge in getting more enjoyment out of the game surpasses any one base.

A base isnt going to rejuvinate Omni, and sorry to all clan who think they could change it in one action. You do not see the whole picture, really even I can't having leveled my first char past 150 as clan. Both sides have those names on their friends list that you haven't seen since "the good old days" You aren't any smarter than Omni, you do not have better honor, you are not better people. The most common reason people give when asked "why are you still here?" is always "for the people I have met" I rarely hear people say they stay for the highly entertaining BS mission leveling process, or the equally amusing controlled Tara raids. But you enjoyed actually playing the game with those people and if that becomes even more of a chore to try to get any action in the game then of course a smaller pool of players will get even smaller.

Originally posted by Isoldei

..... The most common reason people give when asked "why are you still here?" is always "for the people I have met" I rarely hear people say they stay for the highly entertaining BS mission leveling process, or the equally amusing controlled Tara raids. But you enjoyed actually playing the game with those people and if that becomes even more of a chore to try to get any action in the game then of course a smaller pool of players will get even smaller......
    So true, well said Isol.
    Agent Yaella - Member of Inner Circle

Originally posted by Elbo

Honor and dishonor exist in the game and oddly enough it has brought together guilds that didnt really like each other clan wise... I must thank you for strengthing the relationship of the clans.
    Did you hear that Omni? Were you listening?? Cause sometimes I feel like you never listen!! When I said this is the beginning of the end for Omni, this is what I meant.
    Last edited by Armaklaesy; Jan 20th, 2003 at 22:10:02.
    Chadwick "Armaklaesy" Brownwood
    Welcome to my massage parlor. Please put on this towel and Zhok will be right with you.

Well fought, Omni of RK2.

/salute
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Talking

Originally posted by Armaklaesy

Did you hear that Omni? Were you listening?? Cause sometimes I feel like you never listen!! When I said this is the beginning of the end for Omni, this is what I meant.

Well one good thing is that the egos of the clammers is getting so large they wont be able to zone anywhere smaller than Mort soon. Tara will be ours again!

P.S: Amazing how some people actually think the Clan domination of Rimor chalks up to skill.

*/prostrates in deng general direction*

Poooo Poooo

-------------------------
    Toorgs - Enf
    Reroll2002 - Adv
    +++

Clan dissing on omnis or attacking them on RK2 is like Omni AND Clan teaming up and dissing and attacking neutrals on RK1 and saying how skilled they are.

Give it a break.

Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Clan dissing on omnis or attacking them on RK2 is like Omni AND Clan teaming up and dissing and attacking neutrals on RK1 and saying how skilled they are.

Give it a break.
    ^^^^
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Can't really say I've seen many examples of clanners saying they are smarter/better than omni on RK2...I'm well aware that our biggest advantage is sheer numbers and those numbers are due initially to clan control of tara. When I said the base wouldn't last I wasn't boasting, I was speaking the truth...Not saying 'we're better than you we'll take it back', saying 'we outnumber you 4/1 (at this raid anyway) and you can't hope to hold against that.'
    Yagyu for life

gf omni
    [color=sky blue]Neophyte Æxid[/color] | 200 Clan RK2 Trader
    Unit Commander of Immortal Ascension
    Server First: Ian Warr

As we saw from Tara, a very small imbalance leads to a larger gap, so I hope that something will be done about the equilibrium between the two sides.

Want a challenge? Try playing a pvp omni engy in RK2...

BTW Kai, never meant you when I made veiled reference to clan who have superiority complex. You may be an arrogant brat but not the same thing.

Just an example of what I mean and don't mean to single this person out who may recognize his words.
    He isn't alone in showing this same attitude.

quote from in game tell...

"I wonder what things would have been like if I had walked through the blue door instead of being clan, or if <name withheld> had been omni" (maybe misquoted exact words)

ROFL!!!!!

Get over yourselves.

nono! you all have it wrong. The purity of our just cause gives wings to our bullets, and strength to our armor! Of course the clans numbers have surged, what noble minded being wouldn't fight the evil omnitek! Tremble scum! For we clan's will soon be your doom! mwahahahahaha

(heh, bah! a little RP never hurt anyone. I find myself posting nonsense in my last days of access to the game anyways . you omni's should really relish this turn of events (the clans superiority), it's not every day the evil corporate bastiches get to be the underdogs. buck up, things'll change sooner or later (... probably later knowing funcom ), best of luck)

/salute
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12