Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718

Thread: Refocusing the Community work

I could be wrong on this, but I am pretty sure, under british law at least (am I putting enough qualifiers in this yet?) that they have to atleast give you the option of opting out of giving them the right to sell your details, just saying if you join you give us the right is illegal. Comes under the data protection act. I am pretty sure most other countries have similar laws. So if they haven't given you that option, and they do sell your details, they are possibly breaking the law.

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

That depends on where in the world the website is policed. Not where YOU are.... selling products is a different matter altogether. IF you buy an item off a website then your law also applies, but if its just an agreement with no cash changing hands then the law under which the web site runs is applicable.
    TAMIYANA - RK1

Mail Tami!
    ------------------------------------------------
    To fear your enemy is wise.. to know your enemy is wiser still.....

yes, I should have mentioned that. However if you are worried, check where these sites hosts are registered, and check up on the local law.

Hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Lilnymph

Lilnymph,

Yeah in the UK the Data Protection Act covers all of that, and an opt out is required, however none of the sites in question are based in the UK and wouldn't come under those laws

You can sign up with the E-Mail Preference Service in the UK which protects again unsolictited emails generated from the UK, alas it probably won't help with any generated anywhere else, but it's worth a look.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

Angry

ok FC listen.... we DONT want the community 'refocused' , the community is fine the way it is..... try refocusing the game instead.... then people wouldnt have to post so much and could play the game more , and the social thread is ESSENTIAL, ok? people have to work, work is boring, therefore people have to not do work and post on furums instead.... would you really like all the spam that happens there on any other place?

Originally posted by Cz
    I'm positive right now about keeping the RP forum, for the reason several people gave me; AO is an MMORPG. Thus having such a forum on this bulletin board is as beneficial to new players as the Beginners' Corner and the profession forums.

Also, the events people have requested it stays here, as they use it to keep people under surveill... *cough* stay updated on player events.
    And those several people have names ... *cough*

Oh well, CZ, it's not the first time that you have not acknowledged my suggestions. In fact, you have never publicly acknowledged any of them on this board. I must be invisible despite my contributions at the Advy board and to the Advy community. *shrug*
    Ino
    rolling leet, crouching tiger, hidden dragon

Pioneer rifle/crossbow Vanguard with a personal sidearm and a campstove
    Atlantean

AO Adventurer Professional (2003-2004)

Map design suggestion for mapmakers

Im so bored now at work im wondering wether to take a holiday and visit the FC offices.... i wonder if i can spot Cz!

*looks out for a small boy rushing from doorway to doorway in fear of his evil masters.*

The small boy runs to try and buy some food for his dinner and is noticed away from his desk. Sirens begin to wail and the tracker dogs are unleashed!

poor Cz... *wants to huggle him snugly to her bosoms*
    TAMIYANA - RK1

Mail Tami!
    ------------------------------------------------
    To fear your enemy is wise.. to know your enemy is wiser still.....

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718