Thread: rubi2 and rubi1

rubi2 and rubi1

I think most on rubi2 would be willing to have something added to thier name or even change it to be able to switch back over to rubi 1 for those that have matching names.

I know many of you on rubi2 want to stay there but lets be honest and face the facts. Thats a very lonely planet. You would would be welcomed with open arms on rubi 1.

Plus it would give people something to do togheter since the credit systems differ so much that that the people on rubi 1 would be more than eggar to help you mission and hunt to help you get the things you need.
    (would give those people bored who like to help something to do)

Umm

Well , i like RK2 , and i'm not ready to move .

1. I have very little lag .
    2. I know most of the high level people in the game.
    3. Due to the fact it's a small group of players i don't get lost in the mix.

4. On RK2 most people are willing to buff ya for free.

:)

do you really think they care about who, how, when, lol.

They are not going to keep open a sever set for a few people.
    You shall see soon enough.

You know why your points are valid is becuase there are so few on rubi-2 and thats my point exactly do the math.
    Your 13 bucks a month is not enough to keep up a server set for a few hundred people.

Re: :)

Originally posted by meomy
    do you really think they care about who, how, when, lol.

They are not going to keep open a sever set for a few people.
    You shall see soon enough.

You know why your points are valid is becuase there are so few on rubi-2 and thats my point exactly do the math.
    Your 13 bucks a month is not enough to keep up a server set for a few hundred people.
    I'm on Rubi1

but in case you don't realize anything about financing. The investment in the server and programming it and all other work on it has been made. THOSE ARE SUNK COSTS.

They are not able to be gotten back. The only costs to keep the server up is to patch it, run electricity through it, and any other variable costs, but it costs no more to run a server with 10,000 people on it, than one with 100 on it. The question is will the cost of losing the players that refuse to move to Rubi1 outweigh the variable costs. Let's say it's 100 people. Over 3 1/2 years monthly. That's $54,600.

If it's "a few hundred" we are suddenly talking about closer to $150,000 over the life of the project. I think they will continue to leave Rubi-2 up even when the population falls after allowing a switch.

Many people play over there because there are a lot fewer griefers/gankers/exploiters

Exclamation ??

I'm on RK-2, and I *like* it here, for the same reasons that were mentioned above.

I'm forced to wonder why people like you feel it neccesary for me to move to RK-1, especially when there's really no good reason too.

since when?

is the bandwidth and the personel to keep it running cheap?
    no there are where the real cost lay.

I for one don't care where you play. I don't feel I need to make you play on one world or the other I am just pointing out my personal opinion about the state of things.

Like I have said these are all opinions of mine.

Just dont be suprised when you are forced to move.

Talking RK2

Rubi-Ka 2 is fantastic. I have never had any problem finding ppl to either socialize with or hunt with. That includes both clan and Omni. I really have no desire to move over to RK-1 and i hope they don't force us to. More and more ppl are moving to RK-2 because there are less ppl. My guild has recently recruited several ppl from RK-1, who are quite please with RK-2 and don't plan on returning. They only wish there was a way to retrieve char stuff from one world to the next.

well good

I hope I'm wrong.

My best wishes

I will despell a myth right here, RK2 is very populated. Its not crowded but there are people there and enough so its not shutting down. Come to rk2 and see.

I keep seeing references about differences in the economies between 1 and 2. What is that all about? Clarify, por favor.

On RK2 i have been in 2 different guilds both with over 50 people and they weren't even considered large ones. I would wager there are atleast 500 clanners on RK2. Add neutrals and omni and there is more then likely over 1000. I've passed through omni trade at times where there have been over 100 people huddled around the grid point making it excessively laggy.
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

Talking rubi1 and rubi2

Personally If I was forced to move to rubi1 I'd cancel.
    Also, I think alott of others would as well. See We've got a good thing going on in rubi2. Little Lag and people are more willing to help out.

Now, Is there a rumor or talk about rubi2 being shutdown?
    Or is this a pointless, theoritical discussion?

Im pretty sure RK2 will not be shut down because if they do that then the servers will crash just like they did when the game first came out! Rk1 just cant handle that many people that is the reason they made Rk2. And personaly i dont see how they are going to handle the dimension switching.
    -Shana Siirine Denick-

He who angers you controls you.