Thread: Fix the low income on missions with a Distance Slider!

Lightbulb Fix the low income on missions with a Distance Slider!

I have posted a thread like this one in the future changes section and I am now posting one here in the hopes of raising a lot of support for the idea of adding distance sliders to mission terminals, and hopefully catching the eye of funcom. I know that the idea was presented to them a while ago and they apparently 'loved' the idea but we have yet to see them do anything about it.

Distance sliders will solve the problem that many of us are having right now with missions not giving out enough money because they are not as far away as they used to be. I know that my fixer gets on average about half of what he used to.

I also have a concern right now that has not come up yet in the game but that I'm sure will be discussed in the near future. My fixer was looking into buying a car, but now that missions are closer I won't need it; i can just grid to my mission locations or within one zone of the location almost all the time. Distance sliders would nullify this by allowing us to set the slider to a farther location thus making the investment in a vehicle a worthwhile one. As it stands, a car would be a waste of money for me.

Please post your comments on distance sliders, and any points I have raised, or just post your comments. Hopefully we can get funcom to listen to this.

I totaly agree with this.
    Currently I must go for 2-3 more Missions to get the Credits. Sure the Mission Award is better but we need Credits to shoping :-P

Its a nice idea to add 1 slice more by the Mission terminal to handle the *from-to* rage.

--Tibanna

very needed

we definately need a near / far slider for mission options, the recent patch just killed even more of my earing ability, throw in the PvP rules applying to human modle npc's, and wow.... i can make nearly no money off of mission now.

This game is loosing a lot of the fun factor at this point, is any of this even tested ont eh test server to see what it does??

sure is nice

for my lvl 23 fixer to be able to get missions that aren't in stret east/west banks, clon****, and southern foul hills.

humm.

I don't know why funcom ever decided that distance = money. it should have always been DIFFICULTY = money.

however i've done 2 missions with my lvl 55 ma, and the guy *not in this thread* who said all he's getting is 2.5k rewards on missions at level 50 is full of crap. the money dropped about 5k. from 25k to about 20k. it may be more pronounced at lvl 100. or maybe you just need to visit a different area or location. I don't know. but I don't see 5k as a major hit when I know I can log on my low level character and actually play now.

But really if your level 80-90-100, money should not even BE a concern. Just not so long ago I heard tons of testimonials of high level players saying money was a non-issue after level 70. In fact one MA stated it took him only a week to make the 5 mil for a yalmaha at level 77.

So if it's not a concern then what's the big deal? hehe