Thread: Economy

Economy

Im thinking the economy could really use a money sink or 2.

I've heard a couple good ideas like randomly selling ga4 or ns2 or pppe in shop stores at the same rarity as the drop. (i support pppe the most)

Couple of my ideas are:

Make a cluster shop that sells all QL200 clusters but at like 2.5x the price. I think alot of people would use it to save the time and frustration.

Make a special store that you have to fight through a dugeon to get to where QL 125-200 chargers and stims and other goodies are sold. (yea that idea is kinda weird i know)

Or you can make a store that charges like a 5m cover to get in that sells QL125-200 chargers and stims and other intresting stuff.

make the new yals more reasonable a price so people will actually buy em. And make it so the higher the QL the less skill required. Make the manta vechicles actually worth the price so people will want to buy em. Keep em the same price though.(increase AC increase dmg add reflectAC etc)

You can sell a item called a hologram envelopment suit. Basicly you can wear any armor you want but the hologram suit thingie will allow you to look like your wearing any social clothes or armor. So you will have a secondary wear tab where u put the items that you want to look like your wearing. You can sell that for a moderately hefty price like 20-25m or so.

All these ideas dont add anything which will affect balance so i think they would be effective money sinks.

(took out my lil opening comment...)
    Last edited by Kalashnakof; Jan 20th, 2003 at 21:58:30.
    Kalashnakof [Over 170 LvLs Served]
    The Few, The Proud, The Unendowed
    The Troxy Soldiers of Pax Romana
    [!!!]Demands[!!!]
    [!]AR/RE 80/40 from 66/33
    [!]Nophex drop off Notum Trainie
    [!]Still waiting for AirStrike MK1-10...

;P Kewl.. Some of your ideas are cool, but wierd yes.. I like the one with the dungeon.. You fight your way trough LvL 130-150 Mobs to get to the QL 130-150 Treatment labs, and so on.. and the further down u come , the Higher QL of the treatment labs..

-Fixere
    -Fixere 182+ Fixer-
    Step almost 30,000 years into the future, to an age where common surgical implants and microscopic nano-bots can relieve most forms of human suffering... or transform even a child into a weapon of destructive force

Smile Re: Economy

Originally posted by Kalashnakof
    <snip lots of good ideas>
    Or you can make a store that charges like a 5m cover to get in that sells QL125-200 chargers and stims and other intresting stuff.
    I like nearly all your ideas, especially the hologram one for a variety in the way people look, that would be cool.

EXCEPT, the 5mill to get in for 125+ chargers would be horrible. As a skint level 139 NT I calmed my way through 6 level 180 missions to get some 160 kits. I found a total of TWO kits. Nano-chargers cost waay too much as it is (I typically break even on a mission), I have just enough cash to enter your charger shop idea once before I am bankrupt.
    NT Motto: Veni, Vidi, Cucurri.
    Rahmorak, Clan Solitus NT
    How much damage are YOUR nukes doing?

Re: Economy

Originally posted by Kalashnakof

You can sell a item called a hologram envelopment suit. Basicly you can wear any armor you want but the hologram suit thingie will allow you to look like your wearing any social clothes or armor. So you will have a secondary wear tab where u put the items that you want to look like your wearing. You can sell that for a moderately hefty price like 20-25m or so.
    Major bumpage for this idea. AO has such a wonderful diversity of social clothes we can wear, it's a shame we don't see more of them.
    Guide to Teaming With Docs! is the funniest post ever. | "Engie Got Bot" song spoof
    AO chat log of Titanic sinking is the second funniest post ever

No matter how many levels I gain, the Lag Monster is always red to me.

Currently playing The Secret World.

Would have read the string past the first line if you didn't start out as a smartass.In game its blitz(could you please blits a mission for me..huh what,oh you mean blitz.Okay lets correct a persons spelling with phrases like teh uber and ownz joo flying around.lol

Nice ideas, all of them.

One thing that would seem perfectly reasonable to me, and which someone pointed out earlier, is why the vehicle prices go up with QL. For something like a yalmaha they are essentially the same at all QLs. I have never noticed a significant different simply in someone having a higher ql yalm. Because of this, everyone buys the lowest ql ones they can find. If, however, the lowest ql ones had a req of around 200 and counted down to the one that costs 10m but only has a req of 80, then people would sink tons of money into their alts to get low ql yalms and the higher levels would save the IP by getting as high as possible. With the other vehicles that have better and better additional stats, it isn't so much of an issue. But still... those use reqs are unpractical at high qls.

Anyhoo... even with all these nifty ideas, would it start to lower the price of things like GA, PPPEs, Tara Loot, etc? Or would they just stay so high?

I think the major problem is the ability of higher level characters to make so much more money than the lower level characters. In an hour with my fixer I can make a quick million without much effort, which will support a twink till at least lvl 25 if I give them cast of items and other outgrown things. That is where the economy has it's problems. Once you have a higher level character, you get into the upper classes and make all your characters like that, which leaves those without high level alts feeling unable to get anythign good.
    Peachy... just peachy.
    Peachblossom - Martial Artist of Band of Brothers
    Purplepeach - Well Nerfed of Band of Brothers
    Plushpeach - Proud Fixer of Band of Brothers

the economy is at the state it is currently

because shops are crap.

thats all there is to it.

nanos stop at 120, everything else at 125.

and good luck trying to find a complete suit of non rubbish armor EVER.

fix that and watch the free money dwindle like snow in the desert.

as long as money only gets shuffled around in auctions, it is not removed from the system - the cash just sits on another character who cannot use it for anything but bidding on a rare drop or hoarding it to buy grid armor for his l33t phixxor twink.

the day comes when all your char slots are full and they have good implants and yalms and use armor ql 125+ and nanos 120+.

from that moment on their cash starts to pile up.

and up.

and higher...

you get the idea.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Angry Not the way to go

Though, I agree that the economy is WAY out of control. Credit sinks are not the way to go.

It only causes more people to exploit or ebay creds, while others just sit by and watch even more things they can not buy walk past.

=========================

Now as far as a solution... not sure, personally, some things like the new vehicles should be cheaper to buy... I would like to be able to buy a low level one at least. but saddly even if I pulled all the cr from all of my character I might be able to afford one.

I am all in favor of making putting the PPPEs in shops. It should be the matieral to make the armor that is rare (like it is) not the tools to do it. However I would also like to see some more possible armor types that can be made from material in stores as well as the addition of matieral to make the existing "normal" armors such as heated/chilled plasteel. etc.

I see no prob with the PPPEs costing along the same lines as the MRBs, at least you could get them.

==========================

Ok well just MHO, since last time I posted on something like this, everyone that replied seemed to have no probs getting 100mil cr, saddly I havent found that magical formula yet.
    ("...Free the might from fleshy mire! Boil the blood in heart of fire! Gone, gone the form of man! Rise the Demon Etrigan!")
    ===================

*Just another God of the Mind*

Explorer 73%
    Killer 66%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 20%

Originally posted by Fixere
    ;P Kewl.. Some of your ideas are cool, but wierd yes.. I like the one with the dungeon.. You fight your way trough LvL 130-150 Mobs to get to the QL 130-150 Treatment labs, and so on.. and the further down u come , the Higher QL of the treatment labs..

-Fixere
    We already have those in game, They are called "missions"
    Alvador Proud member of [url=http://www.nanoclan.com]Storm

Well i think money sinks are the way to go if what your can buy are jus fun things to mess around with. If the money sinks are powerful items or some junk then you run into trouble.
    Kalashnakof [Over 170 LvLs Served]
    The Few, The Proud, The Unendowed
    The Troxy Soldiers of Pax Romana
    [!!!]Demands[!!!]
    [!]AR/RE 80/40 from 66/33
    [!]Nophex drop off Notum Trainie
    [!]Still waiting for AirStrike MK1-10...

What about those of us that are dirt poor?

My 93 engineer has never, EVER, had more than 300k in his bank. Engineers have to (or are supposed to anyway) buy a new bot crystal every couple levels, and the crystals around where I am cost anywhere from 500k up. (I've afforded these through the kindness of my guild.) I would imagine the same goes for crats and MPs.

Pet based professions can't blitz mission because of pet pathing, our pets are dumb, and slow us down considerably, especially for engineers, who have no strong weapon skills with the exception of pistols, and ALL base abilities are blue skills.

On top of which you've got people who really want to get into tradeskills, myself included. Not only is this not worth the IP required, it's IMPOSSIBLE to find certain items absolutely essential, i.e. the PPPE, or find someone with one who's willing to convert an MRR for you so you can make armor.

Maybe there's some magical way to make millions of credits, I don't know, I really wish someone would tell me if there is, I'd really like a yalm :P.

And I know I do NOT want to fight through a dungeon just to get basic tools at my level.

On the flip side, I definetely dig the social armor hologram idea, some armor is really ugly
    -- CybreWulf

McWhulf -- 95 Engineer [Clan Outcasts] --
    CybreWulf -- 36 Adventurer --