Thread: Check your computer for SpyWare/AddWare now!

Angry Check your computer for SpyWare/AddWare now!

If you havnt scanned your computer yet you probably have some SpyWare/AddWare on it. Get this crap away! It is monitoring you! You often get spyware by installing free software or downloading driver archives. I know alot of Creative/SoundBlaster driver archives install "GAIN/Gator" on your computer... and have you ever read the user agreement in CuteFTP?

Just did a scan.. and wtf! GAIN is insalled once again!

I dont want to be monitored! I dont want popups with adds that fits my "profile".

Lavasoft : http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

They have made a great tool for removing all kinds of bull**** on your computer. Download it now!

Q: What is Ad-aware?
    A: Ad-aware is a powerful removal utility designed for Windows 98 / 98SE / ME / NT40 / 2000 / XP Home / XP Pro platforms that scans your system for components of known Spyware/Adware parasites, Malware, Browser hijackers, Scumware, Foistware, and allows you remove them efficiently and safely.

Easy download mirror :

http://www.wyvernworks.com/Lavasoft/

Run it, and come back here for some feedback. Interresting to see how many of us who have spyware on their computer.

Edit : This software is free, so im not trying to sell anything here.
    You dont even have to register to download it!
    Last edited by Baffle; Jan 18th, 2003 at 20:26:25.
    | Evilbaffle - 220 Tra | Dominixe - 210 Doc | Maram - 207 Eng | Juling - 160 Enf |
    | Yumn - 169 NT | Niemo - 118 MP | Lucine - 185 Agent | Incision - 70 Shade |

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.- Herm Albright

Yep. I've been using Ad-Aware for about a year now. Run it a couple of times a week, and my computer is always CLEAN.

One thing worth noting, though: If you use Kazaa and remove the spyware that is attached to it, Kazaa will cease to function.
    Depeche Ztatik Mode

Originally posted by Cz The money you would spend on a sports car have been spent on your AO account(s). I have invested them in a sports car for myself. I'll let you drool over a picture of it someday.

Unless your using Kazaa Lite

http://doa2.host.sk/
    signature ! !

*bømp*
    | Evilbaffle - 220 Tra | Dominixe - 210 Doc | Maram - 207 Eng | Juling - 160 Enf |

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.- Herm Albright

Hrmmm....
    ~Heaven just isn't hot enough, Burn me a light inside. Living my life's not hard enough, Take everything Away.~

I am a Neutral Evil Human Fighter Thief : Follower Of Cyric

.. not using Kazaa Lite.

Anyways.. Its worth scanning your OS. It will not remove anything unless you tell it to.

Quote from MissMaul :

For all of you Kazaa users-
    Delete Kazaa. Install Grokster. Run Ad-Aware to get rid of Gator. Tah-dah. :P