Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clanners - read.

Every part of that post is true.

Clans got a big ego atm from the early weeks victories. There is no control in nwchat. What I see is that whoevers base is being attacked one of the leaders of that guild will usually take lead. Which is what I would want to happen. The thing is atm, is that anytime anyone leading the foray has a good battle tactic, only about 10 of the 40 calvary listen. Many contend, pfft, he is not my leader I can do whatever I want...and what happens? Either that person dies, or the base that is being attacked loses numbers.

Clans need to pull together. Earlier this week we showed Omni we are out for blood. Now that we proved our point, we just awakened a giant. Left unchecked, this giant will overrule with its tyrannical arm. Meaning they will slowly but surely take over clan occupied areas.

Redemption has been getting the brunt of the fury these last few days for various reasons. One of them being we occupy prime real-estate.

When you look at every attack that goes on in NW, you see not just the same clans/guilds participating, but you see the same players. These same people are always there helping, lending a hand and gun to as many attacks as possible. To those I am grateful, not because they have come to aid Red when in need, but they also show the pride of the clans. I'm no RPer, and I think RPing is funy but we are all here to have fun and kick some ass, but when your base, day in and day out gets hit, it becomes work and not fun.

On the whole, I think the clans need to have another leader meeting with the presidents and second in commands as soon as possible.

Anyone that believes that FC favors one faction over the other needs to step away from the comp and go take a long walk outside and get in touch with reality.

Peace.
    - Cyrus Cyblade7 Crown
    - General of Redemption

Originally posted by Cyblade7
    we just awakened a giant. Left unchecked, this giant will overrule with its tyrannical arm. Meaning they will slowly but surely take over clan occupied areas.
    I am smiling ear to ear at the moment.
    Rolled
    Coathanger
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

Remember how fun the first week of NW was?

CC is teh devil!

:0
    Velveeta - The best atrox doctor on Rubi-Ka 1!
    Aiboforcen - A change of pace..
    Shikhi - The return!

Digital Gunfire - Music to level by.

Originally posted by Rolller

I am smiling ear to ear at the moment.
    Just remember the giant that awoke you.....

- Cyrus Cyblade7 Crown
    - General of Redemption

There will be no prisoners
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Stromm - i see you at nearly every tower battle i've been to - how do you find time to write a small novel on the board and still sleep?

Originally posted by Ostioperosis
    Stromm - i see you at nearly every tower battle i've been to - how do you find time to write a small novel on the board and still sleep?
    Window mode = the **** :P

I'm doin just fine.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Originally posted by Ostioperosis

I agree with half your post Tanis - anyone would be reluctant to leave in that situation, and yes it shouldnt be "asked" of any org. The thing is, even if you dont have any of the mobs spawned - and are still working on otacustes, most people wouldnt leave.

and lets talk about taking your base back. The actual act of retaking your base might not take 8 hours - but you will have to wait till its 25% - then you have to get all the people there - and buffed and organized. Then you fight the good fight - and maybe in an hour or two you have your base back - then spend another hour defending the brand new CT. Lets say all that - not counting the time you had to wait for it to go 25% - the above steps took you 4 hours.

Now what? unless the land area is nearly unlimited, you need to have some orginazation of where to put what tower - you also need to find the elusive 200 towers to begin with, so you have half your guild checking the NEVER respawning tower stores - maybe 1 - 2 people organizing the base, everyone wants to build conductors - at the higher bases you have complit implants flying everywhere - people sneaking in 150 life conductors to "save a spot" - searching rubi-ka for one of the two crats that still play. Headache after headache. Tanis - if you can build a base of 60 qlvl 200 towers, especially in a cramped area, in your 4 remaining hours - then you sir, are the king daddy!

LOOT - how many problems have come from the quest for PHAT LEWT!! How many friendships broken? How many guilds at eachother throats? What good is uber loot if you cant show it to your friends? What good is it if you NiNjad it, duped it, stole it, stepped on someone to get it? Anyone reading this ever play Diablo2? I mean wtf - the satisfaction from earning the coveted item - and of your friends being happy for you - and happy to have helped you, is what feels good. It doesnt matter if your dripping with azure armor and you crap notum tanks out your a$$ - if everyone in the game knows your a bag of crap - no amount of loot is going to change that. Your just a bag of crap with uber loot - no one is happy for you - no one cares. If you dont have some loot for them - no one wants to talk to you.

To me - the many friendships I've made playing this game is why I continue to play it. All the "loot" I "own" is nothing compared to the jokes in guild chat - the thanks for helping a freind out. what good is any of it - if you cant "hey dude, check this out "insert nice item" and that person be legitimately happy for you? A simple "hey - thanks for coming Osti" at any base defense means the world to me - win or lose, and ill be damned if I sit hitting one in 5 on some stupid loot mob when a friend of mines hard work is being slowly picked away by a horde of unwashed clanners.

And after saying all of this Tanis, you are still right. No guild should be held in low regard for not leaving a guaranteed opportunity at something nice - getting loot is fun, as I said - working with people you know to make one of you very happy. But as my personal choice - the feeling one - no - an entire guild has while its getting its poor base vandalized is a terrible one, and I hold the feelings of my omni friends in MoK - Ren - legion - RHD - mayhem etc. In much higher regard than any loot anywhere.
    Ha! that's more than half the length of my original post ;P Got that one from the mok thread.

Big situations require big explanations - right?
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Well, thanks to the clans offensive in CAV alot of Omnis got pissed, especially about all the base switching so we couldn't attack back.

But come on...if we keep fighting like this every damn day we're gonna get bored. I don't mind a couple of hours of fighting every other day but lately it's been 5-6 hours EVERY day.

I'm getting bored of tabbing the same people over and over

Come on, we gotta settle down and draw a line somewhere
    ----------------------------------------------

Yeah ive had about as much CC as i can take....

And i always seem to get warped away next to an Omni lvl 200 enforcer with EQB..

Ill turn up to most battles, although my motivation for having big CC infested lag wars is at an all time low.
    HosT

Apocalypse

1st: IMO SF should get rid of their non-aggression pact. This isn't the Tir Accord, how can you do such a thing?

2nd: The xp % will change ALL the time. Omni had thiers way up, then clan had theirs way up, and now it's fluctuating again. It will keep doing so as long as NW is here. So get used to it.

CC = FC's excuse for bad servers.

Re: Clanners - read.

Hehe Stromm,

You and the rest of the clan can thank for me later My plans in action woot, man I luve having an impact, and all this started out of a dicsussion on a chat!!!! THis is like a drug....wait for my next trick....your going to hate me even more ..... I have never had so much fun of late watching clan experience first hand what omni has been experiencing.

Naw you couldnt sit with 10% and us with 10% and let us all go shopping for loot......well your slow trickle assualt on omni awoke us with a vengance after CAV. And this vengance aint stopping.....or fading even if some players get bored with continual assaults......if they do I have already said take a break and go do some levels or get some loot. We have more omni getting pumped daily to join the excitement that is now growing in omni.

Man I luve you clanners for dying in droves

Phinger
    Level 220 Nanotech
    Highangel - Level 212 Crat
    and a 205 MP (Used to buff Phinger ....now buffs everyone else)

You hit Stefan Messamore with nanobots for 14295 points of radiation damage.

boredom vs hatred

These last couple weeks is exactly the way that it will always be as long as boredom and hatred settle into the picture. One week clan decided to have some fun and attack omni to see if they could basically evict them from CAV, which they did minus a q100 base or two. The next week omni decided to go around and try the same thing to clan.

What is the biggest factor here? I would have to say boredom from what Ive heard here and there. One side has a lot of fun, and spends a considerable amound of time pvping during a weeks time. Some of those players that arent level 200 with all the gear decide theyve had there fill and decide its time to go level again, do quests, or whatever. While this is going on the other side is pissed off that they lost towers, bonus's etc. So they decide to act on their hatred and strike back.

I dont think either side is superior to the other, people may argue this but Its a fact. Not like RK2 where the pvp population is about 2 or 3-1 in favor of clan. Ive seen how many people omni can amass, but Ive also seen over 100 clanners in CAV one day when mok lost there 200 base. Its just a matter of focus, and people wanting to pvp, take land, etc.

One other point that we are missing here is the clan guild that is as big as most of omnis top guilds put together isnt actively involved as a whole, because its there choice, and we respect that, although we wish they would like to pvp and have more NW influence. If and when Storm decides to show the same passion for raiding Omni bases as they did for killin Ian Warr and minions this war gonna be in a different perspective.

The last two times I remember seeing Storm in mass is at one of there bases in CAV when omni attacked. It was gross. I was CC'd from 2 differnt fronts just from storms B squad. If they decide, "hey today we gonna go take this base", I dont think there is a whole lot that can be done about it.

But nonetheless, this is all just general chatter, felt like making my monthly post on a board here. I enjoy NW tower raids as much as anyone else, and Stromm is right that we could use some organization, so Ive decided to take all the leaders and generals of the top clan guilds and have a little bot running where we can discuss targets and other things in general. Response time, priorites etc. I also would like to say that Ive been talking to Storm quite a bit, and I think they might be ready to open that ACME can of whoop ass.

Later, TORT.

Re: boredom vs hatred

Originally posted by TORTUREYOU
    What is the biggest factor here? I would have to say boredom from what Ive heard here and there.

Not to mention how easy Funcom has made it to take over a base. Any side can pretty much say... let's take over this base at these coords.. and most of the time they will easy take it.

It's been shown time and time again... as sides say lets take this zone or that zone....

Taking over bases is a joke. many QL200 bases are already more than halfway destroyed before the first defenders can get there.

Not to mention.. that actual low level guilds get disadvantaged by having to deal with the supertwink guilds.

All in All... my impression of Notum Wars is that it is a joke. There is no real challenge to it...

Yeah the whole CAV thing will go down in the books, the day Clans pushed too hard =)

You cannot stop us, you can only hope to contain us.

Big bump and agreement to Stromm's post.
    /me heads to guilde-meeting to improve things

/me hands Stromm an Omni-Tek application form.
    Johnny "Hydeo" Toxic
    Level 212 Fixer
    Veteran of Midnight Reveries
    Horrible Person

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12