Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clanners - read.

Clanners - read.

First off, i'm posting this here because there's really no where else to put it. Anywhere else has got nwchat spies, and we have no real chain of command or organization here. It's the reason we've been getting owned these last couple of days. One of the reasons, anyway. I know omni can view this, but something needs to be said about our current problem gathering clanners for defense and offense.

I'm not gonna yell, i'm not gonna scream, and i'm certainly not going to say im not going to defend X guild's base. The facts need to be stated.

I was in disbelief, after wednesday - on thursday and friday - that there were clanners logging in as if our offensive from the previous day was still going on, and we were 'winning.' It tells me something that, clan is too used to fighting mobs - properties with no intellegence, no reasoning and no coordination. I thought it was going to be common sense for every clanner to *know* that there was going to be a price to pay, big or small, for taking CAV. Instead people seemed to think omni is just some damn big mob. Well lately omni's like one damn giant fixer - we try to strike it but miss, the bases being the key points of attack, if we don't get some specials out here we're going to be screwed.

These specials are the clan guilds. Folks say clan is overpopulated, people say whole guilds outnumber omni as a population. These statistics are completely irrelevant; the amount of people clan has means nothing if we are not all together in this. Being that the fact all omni organizations - from Renaissance to First Order - are ALL working together to fight us, and raze our bases, we cannot afford to remain divided. I have just woken up today, and i have to admit that i expect the xp % to be lower when i log in due to the lack of response i've been seeing. I'm sure I can agree we did good these past couple of days considering the circumstances. key phrase there is 'considering the circumstances,' we can do a lot better than this and we should be.

This whole CAV raid on wednesday is going to mean nothing soon if we don't get our act together. Last night two bases in efp were assaulted, finally a clan response, but more like a whimper...If we had two guilds i know of that were after loot during that time the ren base would've been ours and so would have mayhem.

What is the problem wih getting people together? Well, aside from minor problems such as building and timing suppression etc, the big problem here is that people are choosing aces over base defense when we so desperately need it, and won't join the joint operations. Now i've said this before, i got no right to tell you, being a GA4 fixer, that you don't need loot. I understand soldiers need their hellfurys and hellspinner upgrades, enfs need their EQB, people want PoPs, azure, etc...Now is not the time to be doing this. Where is there an item that adds bonuses 3-4 towers do?

Another thing ive been noticing is guilds that spend all day looting get on nwchat when their base is attacked and shout for help. I always come to defenses, i've come to almost every battle these past 3 days, but it pisses us off a good deal when we see the people we're helping just aren't responding to us.

I won't say this fight isn't fun - this weekend of war is a total blast, best **** in a long time, i've almost forgot what a mission looks like and i haven't visited tir again in all this time. But to ****e things up we need to give omni the fight they expected upon planning this.

I get these /tells about how im always here for other people, how im doing a good job or whatever. I took the helm when no one else would take it, I hope this will change as i'm no natural born leader. There are several people I know on the clan side who can do this better. We need a chain of command, it's all been broken by the desire of loot. Aces can be done anytime. NW cannot. There are guilds and people like me who put a lot of effort into NW and we'd like to see progress. The past three days, excluding wednesday ive been online for 10+ hours. I'm often finding myself losing sleep because ill say 'im going to log off' and then another base is attacked and yet again - there is not enough people to defend it. As i've previously stated - I don't like bullets flying over a dormant head.

As for some people's excuses, other than loot it's something like 'i play this game for fun, i dont feel like pvping right now.' When i object to that im 'infringing.' If you don't want to come don't come but they'll have to accept responsibility. The way i see it, any guild allowed to have a base should be more responsive than the guilds without bases that im seeing very active in NW fighting by my side.

Which brings up another point. Dark Brotherhood had a ql 200 base that omni took without problems. We held them off good in 25% but then when 5% came, all hell broke loose because there was NO MEMBERS of their guild on to team with. I had never even heard of this guild before, i didn't know anyone in it. So meanwhile, people like morelian were being hit by their own comrades' nukes and being pummeled by towers, and were really discouraged to come back. I don't blame him one bit. We should not be giving ql 200 bases to people who cannot defend them. Call it what you want, it might be hurting the less powerful guilds but we can't afford to let emotion rule our disposition of power in this war. There are guilds out there who have 150 bases who would better have a 200 base because they can defend it. One of the problems with base distribution in NW is that people want to please everyone, it's just not possible and if you can't defend it then you don't deserve the advantages of it. It isn't anything personal I have with anyone, it's more of a common sense issue.

I've talked to leaders of guilds about this stuff. So far, tortureyou, not surprisingly as he was the brains of CAV, is the most cooperative leader. I used to have a real bone to pick with redemption when nw first came out and messman was the helm, and prior to that with their issues with tarasque. Tarabot was scrapped for a good reason, i might add. I've gained a great deal for redemption these past couple of days, and i feel they're more of a force to be reckoned with. Other guild leaders are either looting, or helpless to the situation and agree with me on these topics. Further proving we have no control of our troops at the moment, and we need that.

All i'm sayin here...If we're gonna take back whats ours...If we're gonna throw rocks at the eagle's nest...We better do it together. The people who have been vigorously fighting back omni as hard as they can cannot do this task alone; extend a hand. This is currently a one-sided battle and we're at the wrong end gun's barrel. Let's get through this so omni doesn't have a 20% exp rate by monday.
    Last edited by Stromm; Jan 18th, 2003 at 19:43:17.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Re: Clanners - read.

Originally posted by Stromm
    Another thing ive been noticing is guilds that spend all day looting get on nwchat when their base is attacked and shout for help. I always come to defenses, i've come to almost every battle these past 3 days, but it pisses us off a good deal when we see the people we're helping just aren't responding to us.
    I agree with Stromm's entire post here. But this little chunk is the part that i agree with most. I think there are a lot of people out there that need to get up and help a bit. Stop caring so much about getting a HPO or GPH. Or maybe next time your base is attacked, no one will come to defend it?

Great post, and I agree with most of your points about clan leadership. Still, I have some opinions about specific issues you wrote about. I happen to be in The Dark Brotherhood, and would like to give our side of the incident.

Concerning our base, it's fall, defense etc, I'm sorry we had too few people online when the base was attacked. We did not have NO members, but due to the timing on the original base the late 25%/5% period was very inconvenient due to the guild being dominated by Euro-players. We didn't use the (now declared exploit) way of changing it, and were in effect stuck with a base on bad timing.

Regarding the "distribution" of land control areas, I do not agree with your views. Even though our guild isn't the strongest nor the most well-known, we have had the area since it was opened. There have been various skirmishes, but until Omni "united" and went on a rampage we have managed well.

[OOC] This is a game, and in the game there is a war. Even though the goal is to win, I severely doubt Clan would be "allowed" to conquer most/all of the areas, nor lose it all. We might have been a clan "weakspot", but Omni sure has weakspots as well, and who are to judge which clan gets what?[/OOC]
    Corianin - TL6 NT - eqp

It's about bloody time this happened. You'd be amazed what desperation can do to someone (course, if their desperate attacks didn't succeed, it might have been followed with depression and acceptance of fate.)

And the Omni better keep it up.

I think one thing also is splitting attacks up. I went do DAV and battled. There were too many people there as we were warped repeatedly. When this happens it it just like you had an area nuke killing 10 people instantly. It shows that there were more than enough people there at that one paticular spot.

Split the attacks, one half attacking from one direction the second attacking from the opposite end of the base or find a second base that is also able to be attacked and send forces there. Or designate some clan that will only defend and not attack bases, Omni counter attacks during offenses and then more bases go down. Holding back some to deal with these attacks may also be a way so that the forces are used to their ultimate potential.

CC is really broken I learned in Mort. After our base fell to Omni, I hopped in my Yal. No clanners were there at the time, not one.. I flew towards the CT and guess what? I was CC'd at that point. How can that happen?

It says to me that CC does not take into account which players get warped or bounced back. Not only sides need to be taken into account but the level of the players. A 130 at a 200 base being there for no other reason than to trigger CC has to stop and IF it is in fact used as a tactic to start CCing of people then it is simply an exploit. When CC kicks in it is the lower level players that need to be removed from the battlefield whether they are clan or Omni. Go by level FIRST then go by side. The same could be said for high level players at a sub 150 base.

As for people wanting to EXP or go for loot, it's really their choice. No one should feel they have to go to fight, some just do not like PvP or dealing with bugs that are now in NW. Bugs like this self-imposed CCing of people. I can't really find fault there. Elektro fought for over 12 hours straight yesterday without even stopping to eat. If he wants to go to a dungeon at some point it's his choice. He did his time so to speak. I know what you are saying however and yes if there is no support from some orgs ever at attacks then it should be noted. The more an org takes part, the more support they will recieve.

I stopped fighting at the DAV base after two warpings, one death, and about 4 encounters in the 75 percent area, to take off the PvP flag and help defend other bases. I and many others were being attacked in the 75 percent area and I was a sitting duck as more Omni stood outside the area looking for PvP flagged people to pick off. My holding back a team or a doc in order to just aid me was not helping the main battle force. Instead I went scouting for other areas we could attack. I announced a few but to no avail. Instead we just kept attacking that base. That was a mistake, pick places in different zones and the base that is not being defended well will fall.

Otherwise it will be like WWI, a long stalemate. Attack, pull back and fight somewhere else then go back and re-attack the original area. Bouce between more and more sites and you will knock them off-balance as is being done with us. Take CC into account when attacking. When it kicks in and if it is a large 200 base that still has 75 percent of the towers to go, get out of there at that point. I think this is exactly what Omni's are doing and the sooner we use the same tactics the better.

Edit: (Deleted)
    Last edited by BlackoutGrey; Jan 18th, 2003 at 23:56:38.

Originally posted by Corianin
    Great post, and I agree with most of your points about clan leadership. Still, I have some opinions about specific issues you wrote about. I happen to be in The Dark Brotherhood, and would like to give our side of the incident.

Concerning our base, it's fall, defense etc, I'm sorry we had too few people online when the base was attacked. We did not have NO members, but due to the timing on the original base the late 25%/5% period was very inconvenient due to the guild being dominated by Euro-players. We didn't use the (now declared exploit) way of changing it, and were in effect stuck with a base on bad timing.

Regarding the "distribution" of land control areas, I do not agree with your views. Even though our guild isn't the strongest nor the most well-known, we have had the area since it was opened. There have been various skirmishes, but until Omni "united" and went on a rampage we have managed well.

[OOC] This is a game, and in the game there is a war. Even though the goal is to win, I severely doubt Clan would be "allowed" to conquer most/all of the areas, nor lose it all. We might have been a clan "weakspot", but Omni sure has weakspots as well, and who are to judge which clan gets what?[/OOC]
    Notum Wars - War = conflict. Allowing yourself a weak spot is only self-inflicting.

About the omni part, well before wednesday no omni was insane enough to go to mort and capture a base. But they did. 'Rampage' or not, it was an attack and i'm confident that from what ive seen at redemption's defenses, if that base was in their hands it would never have fallen that night.

Should we prevail, people can go hunt mobs more then, do missions(i know i will), and less seriousness will be emphasized on elite guild power. Right now we need every bullet we can get.

And if we go down, i'm gonna make sure it happens when we're standing up.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."

"Should we prevail, people can go hunt mobs more then, do missions(i know i will)"

Any time frame on this?

Seriously, it is something that will never stop. People need a break from dying 5 times and losing their base(s). Let them do it. NW is just one aspect of the game. It is ongoing and will never stop. No one side will ever truly prevail in this game. If it seems that is what is happening FC will "balance" it out to prevent it from happening.

I have a feeling that this is what they did with CC. They made it so clan are bounced around now more than Omni's. Another reason to get rid of it. When I warped there were no Omnis there, you would expect it to be 1 omni, 1 clan removed from the battlefield. It isn't happening that way though.

Originally posted by BlackoutGrey
    I have a feeling that this is what they did with CC. They made it so clan are bounced around now more than Omni's. Another reason to get rid of it. When I warped there were no Omnis there, you would expect it to be 1 omni, 1 clan removed from the battlefield. It isn't happening that way though.
    L O L O L
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

Bha hah ha, whiner:P nice to see the shoe on the other foot for a change

hehe, its not only the clanners that suffers under this kind of behaviour... omni does as well, even my own guild, and alot of other guilds...

remove uber loot from this game, or make it drop from the CTs
    Tower wars is much more fun, and exciting than, being semi afk, watching yet another uber mob die... but alot of people dont get this.. omni woke up, because of what clan did, now clan wakes up, and omni think they won, just by fighting a few days...
    Jamesdum President of Ragnarok
    Jamespond Member of Ragnarok
    Jamespond2 Member of Ragnarok

Want to join Ragnarok?

Quote on BrutalThug
    Because we have spy's in EVERYONE's guild so we can plan the attack while you sleep !! yeah ! hmm we clearly need to rename the guild to "nordic echelon"

Laugh all you want Wal, but why was I bounced back at a base that had just gone Omni and was at 25 percent? Not one clan around. Something just is not right. Or do you have a good explanation for it?

I agree with most of what you said here Stromm, but I would also like to add one point.

People better scrap their so called "non aggression agreements" with guilds on the opposing side. Seems no matter who is named as a target, someone comes along and says "Ok, but then you got to do it without us", so the end result is that we need to hit crap guilds to have full support.

Peoples alliances have effectively been extended to block the whole faction from attacking, and not just one guild.

I personally don't believe what whomper is saying is true, but i don't think omnis have the right to criticize. I've heard many of them say 'fc is against us' this and that when they lost CTs before this weekend....that is another issue though.

Would also like to know, what have i posted that is 'whining,' drtrelf?

btw jamespond, if you think clanners are united...god why do i even bother. lol :P

"People better scrap their so called "non aggression agreements" with guilds on the opposing side. Seems no matter who is named as a target, someone comes along and says "Ok, but then you got to do it without us", so the end result is that we need to hit crap guilds to have full support."

The only exception is the pact between SF and Legion. I've seen no other such thing on nwchat besides that one being mentioned. Also, i am from SF and some of us have put more time into NW this week than whole guilds that have 10 times synergy's power. Attacking something is better than nothing at all. Omni could say the same thing about legion - that needs notification - and there isnt a draw between the two factions, one is winning and one is losing. So far in this day alone from 1 am est to now, 8pm est there have been 4 attempts to attack omni bases and all have failed due to the lack of headcount(and CC). Ren, mayhem, mok, stonewolves(this was a TINY base too!!!). I've heard of no clan guilds having 'non agression treaties' with any of them - theyve all been attacked by one another at some time. Nor do i expect the nature of some of those leaders to do something like that.

Well, I have heard of others that have alliances, that is why I didn't name anyone in particular. At least SF is being honest about it and say they are to be counted out. Others just break off from the main force without anyone noticing until we are stuck there with too few people. :/

And right now, we are if not forced, then at least somewhat drawn into hitting someone other than Legion for instance, just because we know we will have greater numbers if we go for someone else. So even that one little alliance has an impact on clans as a whole.

And as you are saying, SF is one of the larger guilds in terms of NW participation. Some of you are always to be seen on the battlefield, and I'm obviously happy for that on behalf of the clans. That is exactly the reason why an alliance like this has such an impact.

I would obviously like you (and all other clans that have allainces) to rething this. It's not my business to decide how anyone runs their organization, but I should be allowed to express my opinion on the issue.

Originally posted by Stromm
    btw jamespond, if you think clanners are united...god why do i even bother. lol :P
    LOL no Stromm, id just like to borrow ur post, and replace the word clan with omni, or Nordic Fusion, to try to motivate my whole guild to participate, instead of camping
    Jamesdum President of Ragnarok
    Jamespond Member of Ragnarok
    Jamespond2 Member of Ragnarok

Want to join Ragnarok?

Quote on BrutalThug
    Because we have spy's in EVERYONE's guild so we can plan the attack while you sleep !! yeah ! hmm we clearly need to rename the guild to "nordic echelon"

Originally posted by Jamespond

LOL no Stromm, id just like to borrow ur post, and replace the word clan with omni, or Nordic Fusion, to try to motivate my whole guild to participate, instead of camping
    lmao

keepin' them on their toes eh pond =)

/me nerfs Stromms large posts

but good points bump!
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

OMNI IS TEH R0X AND CLAN IS TEH SUX J00 HAVE NO HOEP IN TEH WERLD TO EVAR WIN

O dear, where did that come from?
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

Originally posted by BlackoutGrey
    Laugh all you want Wal, but why was I bounced back at a base that had just gone Omni and was at 25 percent? Not one clan around. Something just is not right. Or do you have a good explanation for it?
    Don't think it only happens to clans... if you really think that you are seriously retarded..

Btw Stromm why do your posts always have to be so friggin' long?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast