Thread: Our beloved ga

Our beloved ga

Let me start out by saying this is not a whining post just a suggestion to the devs.

I know ill catch crapolla for bringing this up again because there have been numerous threads on it.
    Please add a warning when grid armor is going to time out.I know just change views,keep track of time yada yada but i just lost 3 mil xp because my grid armor went poof about an hour and a half before it should have(6 hours right?)That atrox bodygaurd beat me senseless before i figured out why my hp was dissapearing so quickly.
    All you ga fixers back me up here cause im putting on the flame proof pajamas while im typing this.Seems most non fixer alts hate us for some reason.This rare and useful armor has its drawbacks i know,but just going poof when there is supposed to be time left is just wrong and should be addressed.

Absolutelly, there should be a clock keeping track of this, after all i dont keep track on how much time ive used up yestrday. also while were at it, try to keep up with 2 charmed crat pets, they too should have a warning or a small clock in the corner.
    Alantria 203 Fixer Squad commander/Recruiter of Eternal Fury

Although I'm without Grid Armor, I can see this would be a problem, and out of sympathy you get my bump...

Besides, who knows if I might stumble across a Grid Armor disc one day
    Rebekah Poachie Vein - Lvl 200 Omni-Tek Bureaucrat - Equipment
    April Poachinator Joor - Lvl 150 Omni-Tek Enforcer - Equipment

I agree.. A timer would be great
    -Fixere 182+ Fixer-
    Step almost 30,000 years into the future, to an age where common surgical implants and microscopic nano-bots can relieve most forms of human suffering... or transform even a child into a weapon of destructive force

Errr... not a flame, but isn't there a timer on it in your NCU? Just click on it in the NCU, and it says how much time left? Or is it in fact that one that is bugged?
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

How would there be a timer in the NCU? GA is an armor, not a buff. Anyway, though I'm not a fixer and I am something of a smurf-oriented racist, I will say that it's OK to give the smurfs a timer on their smurf suit.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

Bump for timers for smurfs, bump for timers for MPs so they can tell when their pet is about to disappear, in fact, bump for user-customisable timers period.

/timer # length message

So I can set:

/timer 1 3540 One minute to nekkid fixer.
    /timer 2 1440 One minute til your HoT goes down.

etc.,etc.,etc.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Arrow

Sorry, absolutely no sympathey from me for anything GA related.

1- You dont have to wear it

2- Its godlike enuf for the flaws (not knowing when its gona disspear) it has/say ii has

Im sorry but it IS something u can avoid by keeping track of Time in RL, and cant u just recast it while ur still wearing it (i dont know for sure), or delete your currently wore one and recast? Thatd fail safe u throughtout a mission.

-Internalfire

GA disappears?

Jeez im a noob :/

6 hours after casting, you better summon a new one or you'll be naked, unhappy, and very very dead.

Oh, and BOING!
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

Originally posted by Internalfire
    Sorry, absolutely no sympathey from me for anything GA related.

1- You dont have to wear it

2- Its godlike enuf for the flaws (not knowing when its gona disspear) it has/say ii has

Im sorry but it IS something u can avoid by keeping track of Time in RL, and cant u just recast it while ur still wearing it (i dont know for sure), or delete your currently wore one and recast? Thatd fail safe u throughtout a mission.

-Internalfire
    Oh, WTF?

Some people need to seriously get over it. You hate GA, fine, but what the hell is your problem that you can't support adding a mechanism that can make life better for anyone who uses something timed (like MPs who use creation weapons)?

As to the re-casting it; sure you can re-cast it, if you can self-cast (many can't, as MC is useless for anything but GA), and if you don't happen to go naked while you're tanking the boss (had it happen more than once). I don't play 6 hour sessions very often, so usually my GA has some lingering time from the last session. I'm not going to write down timing, I shouldn't have to.

Why don't you get the stick out of your *** regarding GA and just support something to make the game more fun?
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

besides, if your armor randomly disapeared, unless your a gimp you probably cant put it back on without buffs, its the same for GA. (until higher levels)
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

The other problem with this is server-side lag issues, loss of sych, etc, will mess up summon timers!6 hours isn't always 6 hours. Admittedly, I'd recat every 4 if I could and if I had GA, just to be safe, but most of us requires 1-2 mochams/infuses at least to cast GA...that's hard to get on short notice unless you chain an MP on your wrist.
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

That was my point,hell i did write it down 5:30 pm at 10:15 my sorry butt was in reclaim recovering from the beating i got lol.I can self cast my ga2 not my ga4(that takes imp switching and mochies)that damn lvl cap im going through currently.I dont think a timer or even a 2 min warning is too much to ask for.