Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Novice Beaten!

So the first 2 neophytes are soldiers.

So much for those soldiers who are complaining that they're no good at pvp!

Re: rofl

Originally posted by MiKEBoND
    Whoa, I should get out there more if greys can get Neophyate
    For one, neither of them is grey to you Kink...

Second, I think either one of them would kill you in a straight up fight. You couldnt do enough dmg to kill them, but they could do enough to kill you. Sad day in Clannerville....

Omni's 1st two Neophytes:

Garv - http://community.anarchy-online.com/.../d/1/name/garv

Syrah - http://community.anarchy-online.com/...d/1/name/syrah

fear our Colonels
    ~Manchilde

wow who would have guessed somone with 75% extra health would ge the known top title
    No, 400% extra health for 75% of the time.

Snarf
    Snarf: Level 165 Atrox NT

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf, Snerf, Nerf. It's YOU that brought nerf to NT's you you!" -- Rhayden

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

Sounds like Snarfys bane is the soldier. I have only beaten a soldier once, when I was lucky enough to catch him off gaurd with a COF and he didnt appear to have a backup MK shield ready.

Yes, Snarfy's bane is the soldier

My style is to play super aggressively, so surviving alpha attacks can be difficult. I'd have to say almost all my deaths have been to lev 160+ soldiers.

Guess who both Syrah and Garv killed to get their Neophyte titles? Poor little snarfy.

P.S. I'm all for changing the title system. The current system overweights death. As a Novice I killed approx 20 apprentices, 50 rookies, and probably 200 no titles/freshes and a couple of novices. I died twice yesterday to Novices and lost Novice.

Higher titles are only rewarded to those people who pretty much NEVER die. That means that titles as we go along will be rewards for gankers or those who play overly defensively. I'd rather see a system that encouraged people to be daring.

Snarf
    Last edited by Snarf; Feb 11th, 2002 at 19:57:21.
    Snarf: Level 165 Atrox NT

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf, Snerf, Nerf. It's YOU that brought nerf to NT's you you!" -- Rhayden

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

I agree that title losses are very overweighted. I died to an untitled player once while I was freshman (I believe I was very close to rookie) then killed an apprentice (while I was untitled) who was actually far into apprentice as I understand it. He went down to rookie, and I was still untitled afterwards. After that I realized how messed up the system is -- no real credit for wins, but too much penalty for losses.

Yet again, I'm agreeing with Snarf -- if the system forces people to be overly defensive, everyone is going to start running all the time, unless they outnumber 50-1. That's no fun.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Originally posted by Snarf
    Yes, Snarfy's bane is the soldier

My style is to play super aggressively, so surviving alpha attacks can be difficult. I'd have to say almost all my deaths have been to lev 160+ soldiers.
    Yeah, I wish I could play aggressive but I am just coming into my abilities I guess. As a young NT you need to play careful or else you die to dang easy. With Nullity and Volcanic at my disposal unbuffed now, I think I can finally do some damage. I think last week there were tons of high level clanners in 2ho and I was able to atleast send them scattering (that felt good). I zoned, nullity, and Volcanic.. Hell most of the damage I took was from the stupid gaurds so I am learning that volcanic can get ya killed pretty fast.

Oh yeah, I was able to kill Seoman in 2ho during the little Dust Brigade attack since I was able to chain stun him. I tried desparatly to find people to kill in my little window of Uberness, but only got a few.

Oop my mistake, Syrah is actually green

But anyway, PvP is screwed due to crit buffs.
    *any* soldier with one, should not lose *any* 1v1, against *any* class.

Without crit buffs however, they are a little more balanced however.

Id have to agree with snarf. The reward for a kill is alot less than the penalty for a death.

And mikebond, all you do is complain. You remind me of captfallout and cloudeh.

Originally posted by Aphrodite
    Theres a new Neophyte on Rubi-Ka. And that would be me.
    I wonder if most of those kills to earn your title didn't come the same way you killed me today in MMD. When I am fighting an MP my level with his red heal pet and his red demon, It does not take alot of skill to jump the wall and kill me with a couple of specials. You must be so proud. It's too bad we can't take away all your ganking kills and then see what title you really diserve.

I am not very good at pvp and have no doubt that you would take me. You are 6 levels higher and a soldier after all. At least then you would know that you earned the kill.
    O b i t u s Atrox Clan Enforcer My trade skill? Smackin' stuff till it cries! Obi's Rig
    Unit Memer of S t o r m

Never Forget

Um, I dont always complain, I said that soldiers were unstoppable with crit buffs

And you cant possibly argue that they aren't. But then again, the NT's said stun wasnt overpowered......

But even having said that, getting Neophyate is certainly a good acheivement. Pvp by no means out in the field has to be fair, so to me I dont mind how anyone gets their Neo type - It's respectible, because you simply couldnt gank your way to it if you didnt rock anyway.

I dont think crit buff are over powered. Why? Because anyone can have one. All you have to do is go ask your friendly MA and you can have one too. Stuns are different, no one else had them. You are comparing 2 totally different things. I was overpowered with TMS, I was over powered with alpha strike. Now Im over powered with a crit buff. When the hell will you stop trying to nerf a class that is supposed be a killer? Get a clue.

And for Orbitus, we discussed this already. In 25%, you can be attacked. Period. If you dont like it, dont go in the 25% gas. Oh Im sorry, next time ill announce, "This is syrah, I about to attack this clanner(insert name here), just wanted to let you know so you dont think im ganking you." I dont think so. You call it ganking, I call it stalking and striking when the opportinuty presents itself.

Neophyte Katelyn "Syrah" Orbin queen of the gankers and killer of all clanners.

come kill me one on one killer

any 0 percent zone or 25% zone far away where u cant run or zone so when i get u too death u cant run

So let me see, you NTs want every one else nerfed but you only loose to soldiers in PvP. LoL you guys are really funny, did you guys play quake in godmode before you started AO?

Damn, Syrah u must have killed lots of ppl, hmm...
    I've have 2 counted kills of u when u was Novice, and u prolly have 4 of me :-), 2 of them while i sacrefised myself to get u away from zone :-), and Inspira and Besheba got u after u killed me last time.

Well anyway, some ppl NEVER engage in batle first they always jump in and do their spesial with about 0 risk. But hey, thats their tactick to get higer titles, Someone tabed Syrah in Mort last night, but she did not engage in batle when she found out thet there was a bunch of clanners there and soon she was gone. But that is fair, if i was a titlehunter i would prolly do the same, and i would also use every possible way of defending myself so i don't get killed, as in zoning and alphastrike.

Mk and alpha is pretty mutch the only thing a soldier got, and alpha all othere professions can do to if they chose the right gun.
    I've been killed by alpha lots of times, but nt's should not have it that hard fighting a soldier, with ur posibility to root the soldier and wait for mk to dropp.

Critt buff is posible for everyone to have :-)

I've come to learn that there are a lot of pissing and moaning about pvp. People that complain here about certain tactics, use those same tactics ingame. Laughable in my opinion. Anyone and Everyone should know that there are NO rules in PvP. I can't count on both times where I have been in arena fighting a duel and someone jumps in and kills me or the other person.

I go into 0% zones trusting NO ONE. I go into 25% knowing that potentially I will be against the odds with 10-1. That's just the way it is.

One using a big crit gun with merely 500 attack rating and UVC running can kill anyone with 750+ evades in 10 seconds or less.

And you say thats not overpowered ? LOL

I dont think MK is overpowered.
    I dont think Alpha is overpowered.

Its when you have the above two, AND crit buffs is where it becomes overpowered.

Simply for the reason that the soldier can crit the enemy like mad and kill, but whoever attacking the soldier can't, because they (as in the soldier) has MK up, making them practically invincible, even against someone with UVC.

ehh

Quote :
    "Mk and alpha is pretty mutch the only thing a soldier got"

Alpha and Mk only? poor poor soldiers! I would LOVE to hav MK and a phat alphastrike on my MA!

And YES UVC is da bomb in pvp for a soldier its just crazy!

Re: Re: rofl

Originally posted by Piikey

For one, neither of them is grey to you Kink...

Second, I think either one of them would kill you in a straight up fight. You couldnt do enough dmg to kill them, but they could do enough to kill you. Sad day in Clannerville....

Omni's 1st two Neophytes:

Garv - http://community.anarchy-online.com/.../d/1/name/garv

Syrah - http://community.anarchy-online.com/...d/1/name/syrah

fear our Colonels

Mike please tell me hes jking.
    You can beat them right?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast