Thread: Another post on CC.

Another post on CC.

Ok listen up Funcom. If you have to keep Crowd Control even though seemingly 100% wishes against it, you have to drop the warping to places 100 miles away from the battle. Locking me in place sux bad, and many times I feel that winning or losing often depends on who gets stuck in these little "zones". But being completely throw out of the battle because you can't seem to program your game as efficiently as your competitors, it just seems as being unfair.

I don't ever come to these boards saying that I will quit because of this or that, but I promise you this--when I find a game that can handle this type of PvP without killing framerate/latency then I am so out of here that it isn't even funny. Drop CC god damn it, Id rather get booted then the crap I go through now.

If I change from running at 1280x1024 max to 1024x768x16 low I never, ever crash. If those that demand running at max crash so be it, but I'm getting sick of having my fun ruined because a group of your developers are deciding what would be the best for the AO population. Get rid of CC now! No one wants it! People would rather die from lag then die from being warped!

what the heck happened to your face?

Everyone who pvp's actively wants this gone. Why is it still in game? I have to bump piercing on this cause it does more harm than good. It does not help decrease lag instead it just roots you to a spot in lag so you can be killed or warp you into the middle of 30 of the oppsosition. Not to mention the times the two sides can't get near each other to fight cause of cc. Oh and did I forget the times it warps you 1kx1k away behind zone barriers so you have to petition an ark to warp you out?

Wanted to add about the warp thing.

Do you know when you are thrown into the middle of nowhere you are still under PvP rules till you disgrace? How about the fact that someone aggroing you from where you used to be will make it so you can recharge.

Get rid of CC!

i agree, get rid of cc; at least until a better solution is put together (if cc is a "must").
    Born on: Wed Jun 27 15:39:10 2001
    Slavor, Soldier, RK1

I agree

I agree with piercingevil.

If I find a game that can handle this kind of pvp, I will leave and Im sure others will too. Mass pvp is HARD as it is, CC makes it IMPOSSIBLE.

And I would hate not too see piercingevil anymore, even though she is a clanner.

That goes to Madd too. And he is on the right side of the war *smiles*

Keep up the good work FC!
    Last edited by Tharney; Jan 18th, 2003 at 21:52:31.

id have to say prolly 75% of the topics in this forum are on cc sucking, what does funcom reply with? nothing

i wonder what it takes for them to realize?
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

I will just keep begging.

Why dose the cure (cc) have to be worse than the sickness?(lag/ld)

NO ONE LIKES CC.

Please please please remove CC.
    Rolled
    Coathanger
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

Remember how fun the first week of NW was?

CC is teh devil!

I agree 100% , even more if possible...

another bad point for CC is zone exploit...
    Have u tried to go near a controller huged by 50 ppl from the opposite side (clans and omnis used that). U could try circle it.. no way.. CC'ed... and sometimes warped to position 100, 100.

Every ppl I can see in this thread are ppl I see often in PvP areas.. none like this 'PvP rule' remove it...

So, yes I prefer huges lags, sometimes LD than CC.. CC is so hazardous that now everytime I see 'Overcrowded area'... I move back to 75% and wait... Worse ! I see lots of ppl leaving raid chat and raid at the 1st CC they see...

If ur goal was to discuss heavy PvPers, it seems that u succeed...

PS: I really want to know who has designed CC... has he already played the game?
    Atlantean :
    Caller "Edmunster" Supreme 220/20 Soldier
    Fumble "Maddiganed" Countered 220/21 NT

Testlive infos

Originally posted by sidrial
    what the heck happened to your face?
    she was drunk in reets started using Izgimmers last word on her self.

Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent