Thread: Please support Linux

Please support Linux

Hi everyone!

This is my first post in this forum.
    I know you are all going to hate me for this topic, as it was discussed already in the past and the conclusion always was: "it is never going to happen"

But if you don't mind, I would like to try anyway...So please dear Funcom's wonderful coders and developers: support Linux! Give us a Linux client for Anarchy Online!

No offence, but I'd rather have FC working on patches and new stuff than have them spend a whole lot of effort just to port it to another OS which uses the same platform, as there is already a working version for said platform.

I usually put Linux users into 2 groups:

Those who use it because they like working on it, since there is always that can be added, updated and not to mention loads of free software. This group, has made a choice, and if they want to go Linux only, it's their choice and they'll have to live with missing out on certain software, such as AO in this case.

Then there's the "Oh Look at me I'm so cool, 'cause i use linux and windows is teh suxxor", these people, i loathe plain and simple, and should be cut off the web to spare the rest of us from their "leetness" and "Haxxorskillz". These are getting fewer but they're still there...

The solution which most of my Linux-using friends resort to is having a dualboot Linux/windows system which means you pretty much have access to all the sweetness there is

But back on topic, I think they got more important things to put their resources on...

BTW, to group #2, Using Linux does not make you cool
    Rebekah Poachie Vein - Lvl 200 Omni-Tek Bureaucrat - Equipment
    April Poachinator Joor - Lvl 150 Omni-Tek Enforcer - Equipment

Cool bump

I think a linux (and mac) port would be good think as the more games the run on linux the more gamer will use linux and so developer will make games for linux.