Thread: "Complicated fates"

"Complicated fates"

Gestava stepped out from the Omni-med building into the chill grey morning. Around him, the city of Rome was just starting to awake. Lights flicking on in the windows of the highrises as the citizens woke up for another dull day at the office.

He flexed his right hand in front of him and inspected it carefully. Only a few hours before, it had been a blood caked stump barely recogniseable as a hand. Now it was completely healed, with not so much as a scar visible. Omni-med had some skillful surgeons...if you had the money to pay them, at least. Though he had barely been able to hide a smirk, when they had asked him how big the grimwolf that attacked him had been...

He didn't blame the person responsible for his injury. Indeed, he was more to blame himself that she was. He had not been prepared for the severity of the attack...something was different about her. Gestava had seen...her kind before, but this one seemed more...crude somehow. And yet more humanlike in some way. He suspected she was a child from one of the original experiment...

Gestava frowned. She was indeed different from her cousin. Different and yet very similar. He knew the smart thing to do would be to cut contact with this girl before he got too involved.
    He also knew he couldn't do that. He was too attracted...to intriqued...and he saw potential in her...No, he couldnt turn back now.

Pulling his armored gloves over his hands, he started his walk back to his apartment...but if he was going to proceed, it wouldn't hurt to be prepared...He tapped his comm unit. "Hello? It's Gestava. I'm going to need you to get me a few things again...What? No..not another bottle of wine. I'll send you a list...oh...and I'll need access to all omni-med records on the "Nosferatu" project. Yes...your regular fee. Have it ready by evening and I'll throw in a 50% bonus...Very well. A pleasure doing business with you".

Gestava reached his apartment and tapped in his key code absently. His mind was busy considering his next step.

*raises an eyebrow*

and another woman falls into the Gestava harem? ;P
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Insolvency sat cold and alone in the cave... the depths now cleared of any inhabitants. Her hands once more covered in thick almost black blood.

"Not again.... please no...... "

She stared down at her slender fingers.... then across the room to the corpse of the clan agent. His face torn, eyes missing... nail marks scratched across his back and a limb missing. She stared at her hands again and began to sob quietly.

"Not again.... "

She slowly opened her com unit and selected the picture of Gestava she had stored. Why had he saved her last night?... after all that had happened between them.

A single tear dropped onto the screen and mixed with the blood from her fingers, the red trail slowly running down over his face. A smile spread across her lips as she stared down at his concerned looking grin. He wasnt telling her something she knew that, but why... he said that he only wanted to help her yet he was lieing... why?

A groan from beyond the doorway snapped her out of the daydream, someone was alive. She stood and loaded her gun, walked through the door and put the poor soul out of its torment with a burst of light. She sighed and began the nano program to take her to the grid...

" I WILL find out what you are hiding gestava" she said to the silence around her, then disappeared in a cloud of nanobots.
    Last edited by Insolvency; Jan 20th, 2003 at 16:50:05.
    "dont talk to fixers... they are devious people who only want to get rich... and quick"

-<Insolvency>-