Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 14.7.8.2 DB online, Doc love and...well...love love =)

Originally posted by THEDEACON!

and you got ot rings

oh and omni med suits.

wait, what am I talking about? most of my chars are omni
    Last time I checked the med suit can be used by anyone...
    Also the Tir rings are far more powerfull seen in an overall view then the OT ring.
    But said again, omni should be superrior on the material side.. Clans got their spiritual freedom.. if you think that sucks well perhaps your not so much clan afterall.. perhaps your easily tempted towerads the darker sides of humanity. if so feel free to join us

and if you have to ask what spiritual freedom is in the game, I guess your the same person that ask where the story line is
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom

Originally posted by Lumin

Last time I checked the med suit can be used by anyone...
    Also the Tir rings are far more powerfull seen in an overall view then the OT ring.
    But said again, omni should be superrior on the material side.. Clans got their spiritual freedom.. if you think that sucks well perhaps your not so much clan afterall.. perhaps your easily tempted towerads the darker sides of humanity. if so feel free to join us

and if you have to ask what spiritual freedom is in the game, I guess your the same person that ask where the story line is
    Personally I don't mind if omni get better gear, it might help rebalance rubika. What I do mind is funcom doing it with no ingame explanation. I mean wtf! There's nothinng stopping a clanner from equiping this suit, no reason they shouldn't be able to wear it. Are the armor fairy's flying around making sure the clanners don't try to put it on?

clanner: ooo, cool armor.
    armor fairy: DROP IT CLAMMER! That's OT property!

If they cared about continuity and ingame realism then they should have had some sort of explanation like:

This armor was designed by Dr Bob, a great Hero of Omni Med. He singlehandedly designed the cure for the outbreak of rigelian plauge that struck omni trade in 29994. In the clans however his name is synonymus with the atrocity of Twin Falls. According to tales he drank the blood of 200 innocent clanners during that night after his omni med goons spent a night of terror experimenting on the resisdents. When dawns sweet rays began to peak over the horizon just a scant handfull of this once thriving community made their way to Tir and safety.

This act among others was heard as a rallying cry by the clans during the rebellion, and Dr Bob has been reviled by the clans to such an extent that omni med has had to isolate and hide him away in fear of his life. No true clanner would deign to use armor that Dr Bob had a hand in designing, the ghosts of Twin Falls would never rest easy if a clanner equiped it.
    A bit long winded I suppose, but damn I wish funcom would actually put some effort into things like that instead of just tacking on
    To Wear: self side == omni
    And saying "good enough".
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Originally posted by Haminie
    Omni-Med Medical.....

*cough*

need I say more?
    That would help, yes.
    On a second thought, maybe not.

Originally posted by Haminie

EXACTLY! So quite your whinin!
    I'm not whining. I'm omni, btw. I'm just trying to think of the good of the game, not the good of a faction in the game

Originally posted by Sredni
    Personally I don't mind if omni get better gear, it might help rebalance rubika.
    Seems a lame way of doing it. Will they remove that uber omni stuff once the omni/clan balance is attained ? And there's a omni/clan unbalance only on Rimor actually. Adding uber loot doesn't seems a very flexible way of encouraging more player to go to one faction rather than another.

I mean wtf! There's nothinng stopping a clanner from equiping this suit, no reason they shouldn't be able to wear it.
    Actually the suit has a playshift req of omni so if you go from clan to omni to get the suit on then change back you will drop it off as soon as you zone..
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom

Well, Gaute also explicitly stated that there would be "more neutral-specific items in the future"... And he said it quite a long time ago... Right now we have two neutral-specific items--and one of them isn't even in the game yet.

The general idea of restricting a ton of items to side is kinda sketchy to me... Only was I can see it working is if there is resonable balance.

("Fence-sitter" comments need not apply. Old, old debate that's really meaningless. Neutrals occupy around 5% of the population right now, which is more than enough to count as a resonable 'side'. Considering there are more Neutrals on RK-1 than there are Crats on RK-1, and almost as many as there are Engineers and MPs.)

-Jayde

Originally posted by Irrylyn
    Im with you there Hailie... let's find some of that!
    for sure Cerri! i will be in touch with you
    Hailieglade 200 Heavy Combat PoP Star - Proud member of Inner Circle - Omni born on June 18th 2002
    ...after you fix cams can we get a 250 lvl cap? or maybe a 5k token board? for some poetic justice...
    BR 15 CR 2 Sniper / Medic / Engineer - Markov

Maybe I missed that part, but has anyone on test found out WHERE and WHO drops the Med Armor?

*cough* *giggles* nearly TL6 omni Doc *cough* *cough*
    /pet Tesla heal, .... no master, I won´t do that

Summerbreeze Real Mean Shadesse

proud Advisor of Black Thorns

erm, what happened to the briefcase in 14.7.8.2 ? gone?

And remember, what appears in the DB does not always get into the game. (cynical engineer)

Well at least it will be easy for the clans to target the omni docs now in their battles.

Re: plzzz guys

Originally posted by Wrangeline
    what is NPC pet creation thingie???

anyone?
    It could just be an item given to certain NPCs to enable them to spawn a specific pet, or it could be a test item for the bughunter's and GMs to do the same. It is *ver* unlikely to be intended for players. Given the name, I'd lean towards it being for NPCs.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

They are probably used for whatever obscure internal purpose. There's several of these "NPC Pet Creation Item", and they existed before the NPC could spawn pets in missions.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123