Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deciding when base should go 25%

Deciding when base should go 25%

As the system works now the base will go 25% 18 hours after you placed the CT, it will be 25% for 5 hours then change to 5% for 1 hour and then back to 100%, and then the 18 hour countdown start again.

Many guilds are EU only or US only or atleast have most members in 1 time zone, so they need the base to go 25% during that time so they have some chance to defend it.

It's a 24 hours cycle so FC must have ment us to have the base go 25% when we have people online and not just at a random time.

Only way to do this now can very easly be exploited and will also make the base 100% longer than 18 hours in a row and that is not fair.

Only suggestion I can come up with to get rid of the problem is:

1) When you place a CT, you get a timer up there you can decide from 1-18, that's in how many hours the base will go 25%, so if you place a CT and the 18 hour until 25% is really bad for you, you can choose to make it go 25% sooner at a time that fits better.

2) If you terminate a tower to let another guild place there instead(when a base drop, the guild that can place usually place a tower to prevent any ninja to place and then transfer to right guild after) they will get a timer up and can choose between 1 and the number of hours it would have been left for the old CT to go 25%.

3) After a base go down, change so all guilds that are on same side that the guild that lost base have to wait 1 hour before they can place (to get rid of bases just getting ninjad back on same side and given back to the guild that lost base)
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

1) 1-24 hours choice before it turns 25%... This way u can exactly plant it at your own peek time..

2) If clan guild takes down a CT then only OT guilds can plant at that area.. Same goes if OT takes down a CT... Too protect against "Time exploiters" and Selling Areas too own side... Ofcourse u can allways sell too other side...

3) Agree on that...If clan takes raids down a CT then clanners can plant after 20 min, If noone plants then OT guilds can plant after 1 hour...

You guys don't seem to have had a problem using this exploit in CAV the past 2 days......

I say if you /terminate tower, an alignment rule should kick in that prevents any org of the same alignment from placing a tower for one full hour.
    -Zindel- Novice 200 Opifex MA
    -Clematis- Apprentice 180 Opifex Fixer
    -Bushwhacker- 135 Atrox Enforcer
    General of Mecenaries of Kai [TaG]

The best solution would be to provide a mechanism to (as a one off event) set the desired 25% time, and then block any same-side guild from building for one hour unless they were the guild that won placement rights for destroying a tower at 5%.

Simplest solution would be to add a flag to the tower data that is initially clear. Then add an item that can tell a tower to go to 25% immediately (and cycle from that point on), but only if the flag is clear, and which would then set the flag so it couldn't be done to that tower again.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Originally posted by Zindel
    You guys don't seem to have had a problem using this exploit in CAV the past 2 days......

I say if you /terminate tower, an alignment rule should kick in that prevents any org of the same alignment from placing a tower for one full hour.
    No, I see nothing wrong in using it IF it is to adjust 25% cycle, if it's used to keep the base 100% all the time, when I think it's totally wrong and that's the reason I gave suggestions.

And yes, we changed the timer on the base we took in CAV so it would suit us better(alot of EU people in Apoc).
    But, we didn't keep it 100% longer than we had to (we placed the "real" CT within 24 hours from that the base was taken down)

So please, try to post something constructive instead of a pointless flame on a serious issue.
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

My only suggestion is this.

When you place a Control Tower it goes 100% for 24 hours and not 18. Then after it goes 25% for the first time the normal cycle continues.

I was fairly upset when we raided a base during my normal play time after work. Placed a Control Tower, then realized the next time it would be 25% was not tomorrow at the same time, but tomorrow 6 hours earlier while I would be at work.

Sure enough the next day while I'm at work I check our boards and one of our members said the base was gone.

Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

So please, try to post something constructive instead of a pointless flame on a serious issue.
    I did.....I don't agree with you using your main guild to conquer a base, then playing swaparoo for 18 hours 4-5X with your alt guild, so that it falls at a time where we can't attempt to regain the land.

So in effect, you want to force omni to practice the same exploit to get the gas levels back in their favor?

I did.....I don't agree with you using your main guild to conquer a base, then playing swaparoo for 18 hours 4-5X with your alt guild, so that it falls at a time where we can't attempt to regain the land.

So in effect, you want to force omni to practice the same exploit to get the gas levels back in their favor?
    Yes, I wouldn't have any problem if an omni guild changed so it would be 25% more when it suited the guild, that's how it's supposed to work, it wouldn't be a 24 hour timer if FC wanted it to go 25% on a random time, they want it to go 25% when the guild can defend base.

(I heared that other clan guilds have kept base 100% for several days tho and that is nothing I agree on)
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

Sorry, my point is.....If you had enough people to take out a 200 base in CAV at 3pm est (or whatever time) then logically you should have enough people to defend it at the same time or maybe slightly later.

If NOT, don't go conquering bases when the majority of your players are offline. simple.

Sorry, my point is.....If you had enough people to take out a 200 base in CAV at 3pm est (or whatever time) then logically you should have enough people to defend it at the same time or maybe slightly later.

If NOT, don't go conquering bases when the majority of your players are offline. simple.
    Problem was that LC had to place so noone would ninja the spot and couldn't transfer to Apoc cuz we was in state of war, Patk wouldn't be online next day until it already was 25% again, so we transfered it to alt guild after it was 100% for LC.

If we could place with Apoc right away when tower was down we wouldn't have to change it and if you check now it will go 100% almost at same time as the base went down, only abit earlier.
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

What they need to do is make a command /reset gas (target CT), as soon as you do this, you start your 5 hours of 25% gas followed by 5%.

But if you take out a base at 3pm EST, and place a control tower at say, 5pm EST (2 hours to destroy the base)... 18 hours later is 11am EST - a time when few EST-zone people are available.

The gas drops to 25% 6 hours before the time you place the controller on the next day, not at the time it originally dropped for the previous owners.

So you can easily conquer a base when all your players are on, only to end up placing a controller that's on a gas timer to go 25% several hours earlier than you want (like, when 75% of your guild is at work on in classes).
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Indeed. It is a problem. There is a way round it, but it seems some unmentionables are exploiting it to prevent their tower ever going to 25% or 5% (not a surprise mind you). So, we should have a non-exploitable method which can be done one time only that says to the tower 'start the 25% gas now'.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Scenario:

Omni guild tower is attackable from 18-24 gmt: best time for this guild...

Clan guild: attacks tower at 18.00 GMT, 19.00 GMT clan wins tower... tower is now attackable from 11-19 GMT...

next day or a few days later, omni guild decides to get their tower back...

Omni org attacks clan tower at 15 GMT, tower goes down at 16 GMT:

Tower is now open for attack from 10-16 GMT...

Well u see the problem right?
    Jamesdum President of Ragnarok
    Jamespond Member of Ragnarok
    Jamespond2 Member of Ragnarok

Want to join Ragnarok?

Quote on BrutalThug
    Because we have spy's in EVERYONE's guild so we can plan the attack while you sleep !! yeah ! hmm we clearly need to rename the guild to "nordic echelon"

Solution:
    When a tower is destroyed/terminated no one in the side of that Org can place any tower.

Make the coutndown to 24 hours so you can plan when you will be able to defend.

Shorten the duration of the 25%/5% suppression, 6 hours is way too long. I would like to do something else than defending a base when I get online. I say 2 hours for ql 150 and lower. 3 hours for ql 200 and 4 hours for ql250

"Sorry, my point is.....If you had enough people to take out a 200 base in CAV at 3pm est (or whatever time) then logically you should have enough people to defend it at the same time or maybe slightly later.

If NOT, don't go conquering bases when the majority of your players are offline. simple. "

what AZZ said was true...that base was decided amongst the clans there attacking was to go to us..

for whatever reason..we were unable to place a CT at the time because of whatever rules FC hasnt made available to the player base..so LC said they would hold it for us. IF we were able to place the CT at that time like we should have been able to..then it wouldnt have been an issue.

you can WHINE all u want...but its not as if we continually destroyed the tower over and over and over for a week straight just so our base wouldnt get attacked...it changed hands a few times is all.

the majority of our player base is on at that time...OR are you saying that you can't take that base unless is 4AM and none of us are on?

Originally posted by Azzazzimon
    Problem was that LC had to place so noone would ninja the spot and couldn't transfer to Apoc cuz we was in state of war, Patk wouldn't be online next day until it already was 25% again, so we transfered it to alt guild after it was 100% for LC.
    I thought the top 3 ranks can terminate the control tower, so why exactly did Patk9 have to be on?

Cuz im president and i planted CT, they would have to be higher rank to terminate it because it was my tower.
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader
    Rubi-ka's 1st Adventurer Neophyte and Experienced

Originally posted by Patk9
    Cuz im president and i planted CT, they would have to be higher rank to terminate it because it was my tower.
    Was confusing the rule of removing a tower (must be same rank or higher) with placing a control tower (must be top 3 ranks). See where my error is now, thanks.

There are a number of reason why a guild would want to tower swap with another guild that really should not be considered exploits at all.

1. An org captures a 200-300 base, but their only trader that can place a ql250 controller is not on. So, they plop down a 200ish one that. They should be allowed to terminate the 200ish one in order to put the higher one up.

2. The time of 25% change that is decribed here.

3. Selling/giving land. There is no reason why this should be considered exploity in any way. If a guild has no more use for a base, say they grew out of their lower level base or they are disbanding, this should be a viable option.

The exploit rule seems to be intended to prevent guilds from terminating their tower as it is going down and letting another guild take it in order to prevent the attacking guilds from taking the land. In addition, keeping land in a permanant state of 100% by switching between guilds repeatedly is also an exploit.

However, there does not seem to be any way of differentiating 1-3 and what actually is an explot of the system other than trusting what the guilds say. The description is really quite vague and FC needs to step up and clarify what they really mean when classifying base-swaping as an exploit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast