Thread: Pressing q during a battle should change your target, not end your attack...

Pressing q during a battle should change your target, not end your attack...

I was flying through Central Arterial Valley (I think) and I happened across two omni (scum) mp's at the edge of a lake surrounded by the rows upon rows of tree's. I quickly retreated thinking "ack! mp's kill me all the time in duels, I ain't going nowhere near em" but after a bit of thinking I changed my mind. I figured maby they're just out of a mission and there's xp I can steal so I fly in, target one, back away a bit, and then start my yalm coming off and fly in again. I timed it right and my yalm pops off just as I get to em, and I unload on one mp (feelmywrath), he goes down pretty quick actually, I'm pleasantly suprised. My burst, fling, and a couple normal shots kills him. Here's where the problems start, the other mp is attacking me and I've got pets floating all over attacking me, and I'm trying to target and attack the other mp (sumonia) only every time I try to q out of combat and q to attack her it just gets mixed up with the pets again, I don't want to fight pets, there's absolutely no way I could take down an equal level mp's pets, I want to attack the mp.

So anyways I think that when you're in combat and you target someone else and press Q, it should start attacking them right off. It would make big scrums less exasperating . If you want to end combat you should press escape or just sit down.

I tried that, they will just go stop moaning.

But I agree...as a soldier for some reasn changing targets is much faster.

With my enfs hammers its like, please wait for blah blah to finish.
    Spam q 50 times, than you can attack hehe.

It's annoying, and the work around stinks.

Go full defensive to turn off autoattack.

Hit esc. to clear targeting and end fight.

Target what you want to attack, and hit q.

Go full aggressive.

press tab to target not q, duh

Once you have selected your new target you can hit q 2 times fast.

I agree, you have a good idea there for a fix.

That's another workaround you can use for the time being. You need to do it between all the other attacks tho or it messes up sometime and you just auto-agg whatever attacked you in the pause.

Use a weapon with a 7 second recharge and then talk to me about it being hard to switch targets.

Cloudeh is right. Hammer switching is HARD. Very HARD.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

lol, this isn't a pissing match about who's got the hardest time switching targets . My little enforcer has a hard time switching too, it's so bad with him that if I duel an mp I start the fight with the agg bar down and use that if I want to change targets at some point during the fight.

So I see you didn't actually say anything constructive Kaerem, do you think the idea is good? bad? no opinion? I thought this was and idea that would benifit everyone, if you have an alternative idea by all means post away.

Basheba: duh. all 4 other posters understood what my idea was, I think that's probably cause they arn't duh's like yourself. To make it clearer for those such as yourself who take their atrox personality a little to seriously here's my idea again.

When you're fighting one target (A) and you decide you want to attack another secondary (B) target, tab until target B is targeted and then press Q one time to switch who you're attacking. That is what I want instead of the hassle changing who you're fighting atm is.

it doesent do this now?

maybe i am clueless

i attack one he still alive but i change my mind want to attack another

i hit q (actuly i draged icon into hot bar) to stop my attack on the first

tab second target then

i then hit q again to start the attack on the second target seems right to me its what i do dont you?

I'm guessing you fight on full defense besh. It's a valid point and a good idea. Most combat classes adjust the slider depending on the target.

Originally posted by besheba
    it doesent do this now?

maybe i am clueless

i attack one he still alive but i change my mind want to attack another

i hit q (actuly i draged icon into hot bar) to stop my attack on the first

tab second target then

i then hit q again to start the attack on the second target seems right to me its what i do dont you?
    If you auto attack it breaks it and you have to keep hitting q to get it to work... plus it is not uncommon at all to get a "wait for action to complete" error message and it won't let you attack.. and then you stand there just taking damage til this stops.

even at full offense which i often am at i stiil have to press q to stop attack on one and the tab other and then hit q again

and yes i get the same messages wait for curent atack to finish bla bla bla i know what you mean there it suxs when u havent use fling in 10 secs but still says not avail

now that is somthing i would love to see fixed

there wouldn't be a problem if it was as simple as pressing q to stop attack and pressing q again to start again with another target. Instead you've got the autoattack happening when someone does damage to you screwing things up. And sometimes it gives you the "wait for other fight to finish" message and it won't initiate combat. I was simply suggesting that having the function of "Q" changed from starting and stopping attacks, to just Starting attacks would be good. And that being able to change who you're attacking while in combat would be good, instead of having to exit combat first. I don't know, I've never been good at explaining myself, maby someone else could explain it better? So that besheba can finally understand what I'm saying.

I was pvping a MP in MMD, got the two first hits in and he was very low so i pressed my dimach and brawl to end his misery...

when all of a sudden i see he got full health and i have used my specials...

So i retarget him and start pounding and he dies.. then the running starts (mp pets arghhhhhh) luckily (for me) the guards attack the pet so i can get two mongos off and a stim and kill the pet together with guard..

I talk to the MP later and ask him " Erhmm did i **** up or is the switching of targets a mp "3rd pet" thingie.." he answers

"MP thingy hehe and btw DAMN guards !!!"

So maybe that is what those Mezz pets is all about ?

Confusing u.. so that u get a no targets at all and then go for the pet attacking you .

That's because you have yuor aggro bar sett at 50% or higher. Lower it, and the problem is fixed Not a bug.

Rk1 :: Abasin :: lvl 72 clan nt
    Rk2 :: Illuvatar :: lvl 154 omni nt