Thread: Mob Warping Outdoors

Mob Warping Outdoors

Didn't know where to post this so I'm posting it everywhere.

Was mob warping outdoors introduced on purpose? Or was this a side effect of some fix to pet pathing or something?

Please fill me in if you know as if it's going to be a permanant part of the game I need to adjust my character choices based on this.

I used to really enjoy outdoor soloing but this makes it very difficult unless your a calming proffession.
    well now I've got
    some advice for you little buddy
    before you point the finger
    you should know that I'm the man
    and if I'm the man, then you're the man
    and he's the man as well so you
    can point that f***in' finger up your a** - Tool

It is there to bug all the players of AO , and to give us all something to yell at them about, since they seem to like it that way.. It is also there to make it harder for players to level especially when ya get into the PET and MOB dance . as im sure you all have seen

I agree, this is a real issue, I can snare a mob, only to run 50 feet stop and mob appears right in front of me. This makes the game look bad, please work on this
    Alantria 203 Fixer Squad commander/Recruiter of Eternal Fury

Thanks for the postive replies. I think this is an issue that not many opinions will vary on.

Even if it makes certain exploits available again getting rid of this "fix" can only make the game better for everyone.
    well now I've got

Wasn't this the genius fix for kiting style combat,hit hit hit run out of range lose agg heal run back hit hit hit.I guess they thought it was to easy to hunt that way or something foolish like that,hence the warping.But didnt it really appear alongside the introduction of the dyna camp bosses.... who were warping yalms as they flew by hehe.(really not funny)

I would have sworn that it wasn't that long ago that it got much worse. Mobs would warp before but not just because they aggroed on you. And they wouldn't continually warp all the way across a playfield.
    well now I've got

Issues associated with dynacamps.

Most people will have run across the warping and probably the blackholes too. Non-pet classes often haven't heard of the anti-pet nuke though.

Cheers,

~R~