Thread: A somewhat odd idea

A somewhat odd idea

I got done reading a book today and thought this might be kinda neat in AO..

Some of the professions that could use some love could maybe cast a temporary (1-hour?) flying vehicle that their character would be positioned on top of. This would be available at...oh, midlevel? 100 or so.

For example, an adventurer could cast some oversized bird to ride, an engineer could conjure a mechanical vessel. Nanotechnicians, some odd abstract flying boat or something. A martial artist...perhaps something spiritual, I dunno. A big grasshopper? ;P

When the nano ran out, the vehicle would simply deteriorate and send the character riding on it toppling to the ground.

Comments? Suggestions? Mild flames? :P
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Unbalancing.

Your odd.

Consider that a mild flame.
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

The idea is interesting (I really do like it!), but...

...since I figure that Yalms are in-game as a money sink, Funcom will probably prefer to stick with purchased vehicles.

I don't think Funcom would put in something that would do the same thing for cheaper. In addition, you could buy back your ip as well and just use the skills the nano requires - and chances are, you are probably raising it for certain nanos already.

No flame. Just trying to figure out how the idea could be worked in that would be appealing, however...
    Capacitor, the device - a device which collects and stores electricity.
    Capacitor, the Fixer - a Opifex who collects and stores visits to Reclaim.

-||-

I bet we'll see that in the Shadowland.

I dunno about the rest of you,.... but I think this Idea is pretty awsome.. would be great if it was nerfed a bit so that the yalm still had some power with us.

maybe it could only be used in when you entered the shadow lands (assuming you have the shadow lands expansion)
    Possibly if the nano for it was really rare (equally rare for each profession) then I could see this happening.

If they can make us Angellic and Demonic within the shadow lands than they can let us replace our vehicles with our own profession based machines/animals

Originally posted by Cronos
    Unbalancing.

Your odd.

Consider that a mild flame.
    Ha. Ok.

Putting it into the Shadowlands only might be a good idea, but with Funcom's current reputation I doubt we'll see anything more than they've promised to package with SL. Maybe not even that much.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Not sure if I like that idea. I do like your name though :-p.
    Maulkino Hatemachine <OmniCrux>
    Soldier of The Souls Of The Shadows
    "I don't agree with what you are saying but I'll die defending your right to say it"

Well.....

Maybe if the conjured steed, bot, spirit, bird did not add to run speed or anything. Like it was just for show. Maybe.

/me shrugs
    Twidgett sol engi
    D*** IT DIZZ attack him!
    Sseo opy fixer
    /me picks up anything not nailed down, and a few that are
    Roxs atrox enforcer
    Don't I look smart with glasses?

Re: Well.....

Originally posted by Twidgett
    Maybe if the conjured steed, bot, spirit, bird did not add to run speed or anything. Like it was just for show. Maybe.

/me shrugs
    I meant it to be just for show, except that it would let you fly.

And Maulkino- thanks ;P
    ~~~~~

Originally posted by Capacitor
    The idea is interesting (I really do like it!), but...

...since I figure that Yalms are in-game as a money sink, Funcom will probably prefer to stick with purchased vehicles.
    Something like that could make a way better money sink that Yalms. Just make it cost a large (and level based?) ammount of money. Money sinks need to be something you spend on regularly rather than one-time purchases and a super-fast ride would certainly be something people would spend their spare cash on.

Give the Martial Artists a fire breathing flying dragon to ride into combat.

You have been hit for 100 points of chemical damage by Dunsany.
    You have been hit for 4000 points of fire damage by Dunsany's Dragon.

P.S. Has anyone seen the flying dragon scene in 3DMark2001 SE? That's what I'm talking about!
    Last edited by Dunsany; Jan 19th, 2003 at 04:31:52.