Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1hb vs 2hb, a study

Originally posted by Illhyana
    He dual wields alloys, and is like a 156lvl enf and dual wields alloys. I am a 83 enf have 2300 AC
    You realize that he could have crushed you with a dead chicken, his hands tied in his back and a knee broken ? I suspect that if only looks too long at you he starts doing damages.

Fast 1HB would have a chance to be a good weapon if they where really interrupting nano casters 1 out of 2-3 hits. Then using them even with crappy damages would be interseting in a lot of situations. I even imagine that we then could save this FA just to hit a caster when he starts a nano. THAT would be interseting.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Shaktis site is outdated.

In my own tests I have found these formulas to yield very accurate results:

dmin = (1 + atk/400) * weap_min
    dmax = (1 + atk/400) * weap_max
    dcrit = (1 + atk/400) * (weap_max + weap_crit)

where weap_min, weap_max and weap_crit are the values appearing in the description of the weapon: weap_min - weap_max(weap_crit).

Its hard to test dmax or dmin but your dcrit is very close to my actual.

You realize that he could have crushed you with a dead chicken, his hands tied in his back and a knee broken ? I suspect that if only looks too long at you he starts doing damages.
    After rez effects, I went back. He stood there on full defensive and let me beat on him.

Took me 1 full minute to actually hit him.
    When I did hit him it was for 59 (I have a 200 hammer with 625 buffed attack).

I actually got off a couple of crits for +800 and even one for 949.

For awhile (until I got a lucky crit streak), Mongo Smash was outhealing my damage.

It took me 5+ minutes to kill him.

My summary? If he sneezed in my general area, I would have died.

They need to make 1hb like katanas in Ultima Online. Then once OE patch hits people could play smarter in pvp.

** Zone into 2HO **

<< See Enforcer/Soldier on horizon >>
    << Equip QL 200 beam >>
    << Attack >>

<< See NT/Doc on horizon >>
    << Switch to Alloy/pipe combo >>
    << Dex monkey his ass into next week >>

God I miss the dex monkeys.... Some of you know what im talking about.

Okay okay, Hammers, NO Im sorry, you know me, I went hammers and I was happy until later levels, they are..in short "****".

Are there dots over it, ***

Firstly they are slow, too slow.
    Secondly if in pvp or sometimes in pvm you hit a monster and miss or hit crap, that can cost you the battle.
    The damaga is "ok" but not too good, max I have done is 3.8k and that didnt happen alot.

I have almost the same 1hb as 2hb, and 1hb wins clearly.

You dont need math for this, okay maybe a little but its obvious, Hammer or beam if you had the opporunity, Id go beam if I could.

Now, as you know crtis buffs on certain weapons can make a person godly, when I have LMA/UVC with my 1hb weapons it just amazing. With a hammer there just no point, by the time i had hit once or twice i have done about 14 attacks already hehe.

I dont see what wrong with the pipe, my pipe now hits for around 1.5k , thats a crit and my staff at 2.5, well I really cannot tell which is which but you understand.

If I do that a hit, plus brawl, sneak attack and fast attack, Uh am I the only one realising "speacials" ?

AND!......

In pvp you can only hit a person for max, if you hit a person for max on a hammer which dont happen much and have to wait 7 seconds where as a staff/pipe combo can crit with x2 hits sneak and fast, not to mention brawl and the mighty once of dimach.

In missions I see these beamers "not gamma- I mean Beam" and they hit for say 2k , wait wait hit, wait wait hit, sometimes they do nice high hits and sometimes they dont.

Hammers, LOL! I cannot remember the last time I have seen an enf with a hammer

Anyway, there I am, fast hits, an extra special, and in pvp x2 more specials, nice crits etc.

1hb alpha is as good as a soldiers alpha if you got very good imps.

I have killed a few peoples insta like, not heavy classes mostly mp's, nt's and a few agents.

One person " who had ql 200 imps and well you know how that person got it on, cough" pvped with me and he owned me big time, INSTANT death

Kink whats wrong with 1hb honestly?
    Fast, Hard, tons o special.

Beam: Slower, Hard, brawl ;/

Hammer : SLOWMO, not as hard as beam, brawl.

I might put my hammer back on and experiment a bit.

Why don't u just ask some high lvl Atrox enf. like Obtuos (did I spell it right) or somebody....if they have enough free IP Reset points to test it out. Cloudeh u can lend him your weapons, and he can try Beam/Hammer first, Then yer 1HB, and probably even 1HE before he runs (somewhat) low on those IP reset points. I'd do it..but I'm lvl 64 and I'm VERY poor....soo I can't.
    Supersoly lvl 220 Atrox Enforcer
    Fearthis lvl 200 Opi MA
    Tehsoly lvl 60 Atrox Enforcer

and a lvl 160+ sold...

Legion

Yes but , spose....
    Ill think about it, but I do have the same skills in 1hb as 2hb and have both ql 200 weaps.

I didnt test it my bro still has it, mwuahah 8)

TBO I would probably Keep 2hb skill if there was ANY CHANCE IN HELL there would be a new 2hb weapon for us solies, but I dont see that coming, I WOULD LOVE! To switch weapons as Sols do but, I already have every melee special used with 1hb.

Hammers, Hammers, I might...keep it...
    For the "Weaker" Classes, maybe its good with high init and higher skills, We are just going to have to wait and find out.

But really, I would rather risk doing a bad hit on a 1hb than a hammer

Plus!.... In missions if I switch from 1hb do 2hb Hammer things get harder, also can you switch weapons in time, I mean 1hb requires putting two weapons on so by the time its on you will probably have that "NT" nuking your behind

Question - If, ever it was possible to get a good enough movement predictor and targetting scope, IMAGINE a Melee class with 40 Range.

40 Is max right? It is possible right?
    I went and buffed into a Predictor to add 10 Range and I can help alot.

But Imagine it! The range of an agent with a scope!
    You would "NEVER" need to worry about roots again They would be running and you would be hitting them
    OMG! Im serious

Might try it before the patch and see.

PS- I have had to remove about 50 smilies

Post fob

Even if tha 2hb's weps dont use fast attack, i have still maxed it all theese lvl's.

My fob raises my init from 750 to 1300ish, the extra init really does help me kicking some extra ass.

the fob & crit scope does best on the beam, don't see that much difference on the hammer.

scoping the hammer would be a bad idea anyways, as the crit isnt that far from the average damage.

I like the 2hb, but will go 2he if i find a tarasque sword. But that doesent drop anymore does it ?

Cool

Wow, this is an old thread, where did you drag it up from?
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Wink lol

Hmm, good question.

That was not the thread i were supposed to post, but anyways..

Atleast i got it bumped

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12