Thread: What caused Clan to Rule Rimor

What caused Clan to Rule Rimor

Thought i'd express my opinion on the subject as i am leaving the game in a few days after about 18 months of playing.

So why did the balance get to be so screwed up?
    The reason is that most players want to be on the winning side of the war.

You have the ones changing sides, because they think gras is greener there.

You have friends of excisting players starting the game, and naturally they join the strongest side(some exceptions offcourse)

You have those with chars on each side and play the one side that atm is strongest.

In the first 8-9 months or so of the game, the balance was good.
    had lots of very fun pvp battles both in bcb and 2ho. But the one thing that messed up the balance was..u guessed it..TARA.

This was in my opinion FC's biggest mistake. By placing ONE uber loot mob in the game, they destroyed the balance.
    The winner of the tara "war", in this case Clan, had the acces to a wast amount of resources which caused the market to skyrocket, and naturally attracting players to that side.

In my opinion the whole loot system is fubar, would be better to make loot random at unique mobs, and make more of them. but thats my opinion

Lots of omni players are quitting or going clan, tired of the 40-60 ratio of players in favor of clan.

To clanners "defence" it must be said that they have better organized guilds, and are therfore able to overun omni bases, without a defence even assembled.

FC is very concerned about CC it seems.
    Why not make a CC concerning player alegiance?
    say a player wants to go clan. there already beeing a 60-40 ration of players, he could get a msg saying "Clan cannot support a bigger population at this time, please try again later"
    Same goes for new character creation.
    The way its going now, Omni will be only a memory in 6months time.

Lets the flames come
    -------------------------
    Toorgs - Enf
    Reroll2002 - Adv
    +++

I think you do have some points... My first thought when you mentioned CC according to allegience though, was that an area should be crowd controlled so that a maximum chars from each side can enter it... I don't know exactly how the system works now, but if it's like this, it's wrong. Otherwise you could win a tower battle by simply gathering enough people to stand there and not let the defenders and their reenforcements close. Forceing newbies to play either side is just stupid, in a role-playing sense especially. Did I just say stupid, sorry, I meant I personally don't think it would be a good idea.
    Felix "Likaetaren" Denk
    Squad Commander of Ragnarok
    NT to the bone.

damnit! you leaving also? Better make a propper goodbye thread first

But yup, you hit it pretty good.

TARA!

Worst idea EVER.

Never should have let it drop loot more than once - ie. EoT drops, more more EoTs can drop, same for the rest of the lewt on that cow.
    Soldier Equip

Victory to the omnis! The Renaissance attacked Nemesis in theyre base in Mort. The attackers won!
    [Gimpybot] Kiwaczek: how the hell they plant ct 8 min before timer ? [Gimpybot] Zantezutske: another nice exploit? (The Renaissance built CT)

Vlain: I am milk every of yous!!!

Proud member of The Renaissance

TARA = COW

ROLF!!!!! Tara = cow!!! I love it kokk....that is a perfect description for it.

MOOOO MOOOOOOOO MOOOOOO! Suck on the teats some more!!!!

NOOOOOO Toorqs
    soon it looks like kokk and I are going to be the only Old school omni left on rk2 at this speed of omni quiting. Well bro sorry to see you go. Been nice having you as a guild mate most of those 18 months. Hope you change your mind soon.

Eunucha 200 doc

Originally posted by BigBubba
    NOOOOOO Toorqs
    soon it looks like kokk and I are going to be the only Old school omni left on rk2 at this speed of omni quiting.

Anyways... bye Toorqs, may not have talked much in the last 6 (?) months or so, but i remember you.

Be well and have fun
    SS - Grandmaster of Fall Damage

Property of the Devil

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for anyone drops to zero

The reason the balance has become skewed is the new 'check-in' point. The Omni entrance is sort of hidden in a corner, while the clan entrance looks a lot more tempting.

Seriously, I don't think this is the real reason, but do think that overall, it has some influence. Like... if nobody knew anything about the game, just came to the counter, maybe 52 % would go clan and 48 Omni (not counting neuts) because of the entrance design.

Want to stick it to the man? (funcom)

Join Clan. Collect 15% in side bonus on each kill plus 7% from ring + 7% from token board. Level quicker and have all your bases and towers stay intact and give you all the nice bonuses.

LARGE rallies to kill Ian Warr and his fellow peeps. Picture the 20 teams standing around and the engi's warping back all the dead peeps while the battle still rages on for the next HOUR..

I think it would be a good thing and it would force funcom to acknowledge that the players who play this game are forcing the route it is taking. Story line? What myth is that?
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

hehe, good idea
    -------------------------
    Toorgs - Enf
    Reroll2002 - Adv
    +++

Re: What caused Clan to Rule Rimor

Originally posted by Toorqs
    FC is very concerned about CC it seems.
    Why not make a CC concerning player alegiance?
    say a player wants to go clan. there already beeing a 60-40 ration of players, he could get a msg saying "Clan cannot support a bigger population at this time, please try again later"
    Same goes for new character creation.
    I highly disagree with "Same goes for new character creation." When i made my first character...if the only option for me was to join Omni, I honestly dont think i would have even bothered playing the game. Im not dissin omni, but im saying that me personally prefer the "rebel" side of conflicts and if all i had was a choice to join the "corportation" side, i wouldnt even bother.

I'd like to see that happen on RK1 and have everyone go one side for 25% xp bonus :P + rings + baton + board = 48% :P

I don't think that would fit in funcoms plans to slow down levelling.

I totally agree with toorq here tarasque has ****ed up AO for a long time, a lot of hatred between players comes through this. Recently the clan bot for it was taken down and there's not all that much *****ing between guilds anymore.

The fact that a whole forum had to be made for it goes to show the state its been in.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

You are making a very big assumption that everyone wants Tara loot… I’m a clan 150+ player and I really couldn’t give a **** about Tara loot, I am certainly not the exception here. I have been on a few Tara raids but only for a bit of PvP (which sees me at reclame more often than the opponents).

Tara loot is a very minor part of the game and the only people who seem at all concerned over it are the powergamers (a small minority of the AO player base at best). It doesn’t interest me in the slightest and I certainly won’t be gimped as a result of not having some part of it.

I can certainly understand an Omni powergamers frustration at not being able to get access to this loot on RK2. It certainly explains why so many of them change sides to clan for a few weeks to participate in the raids. So its kind of a self perpetuating problem for the Omni powergamers as they must often find themselves facing Ex OT’s while trying to get access to Tara themselves. Sounds like a combination of greed and impatience to me.

Tiggy