Thread: RK2 Convention Sunday 3rd Feb

RK2 Convention Sunday 3rd Feb

Date Sunday 3rd Feb
    Time 9:30pm GMT (UK TIME) (10:30pm CET)
    Location Baboons Green Room
    Server RK2

Hi,

I have never arranged a party on RK2 before so I wanted to try and do something special for the first one. I dont really play on RK2 but I do understand some of the problems you are having. In order to better understand the problems and talk about future events I am holding a Convention/Party.

We will meet up in the green room behind baboons and give the RK2 players chance to speak about the future of the server, some of the main issues you have such as the storyline. Plus on a lighter note about future events and parties.

While I would hope someone would attened from the ARK's or GM's I dont expect them to attend. However I will send a log of the event (after I have cleaned it up ) and pose some of the main points to FC in a hope of some reply on burning issues.

So this is a chance for the RK2 players to meet up if nothing else and share some views. Its also a chance for me to meet some of the players there so I can work with you to hold more events in the future.

Kirrana
    http://baboonsnightclub.tripod.com/

This sounds like a good idea Kirrana. I'm glad to see someone taking interest in our cause, and trying to get some answers. I will do my best to attend. If you need any help please contact me, I go by "Sepentura" on RK2. you can also reach via email at serrephim@hotmail.com
    Sepentura

"The future is in your hands."

Former Leader - Sea of Change

Question Where ?

Could you post a decription on how to get there ?
    Being engineer, i have not travelled much, so I do not know where baboon is located...

I would just like to point out, that baboons isn't really large enough.

If you are serious about this "convention", then you require a venue where what is hoped a large audience is going to attend.

Okay, I know it's a bit of a long journey (not so long now, since funcom popped a wompa there), but I think "The Reet Retreat" is a far more suitable venue for the occasion.

Now before you start saying things like "But you'd need at least 90 Comp Lit to grid to newland before using the wompas, and that means anyone below lvl 12-13 or so can't come.", think for a moment. Clans have the same trouble, if they want to come to Baboons.

Also, consider that if this a convention about the server, and events and such... a neutral venue I am sure would be more acceptable to all parties concerned.

I think it makes sense, don't you?
    Stroke me, you know you want to.

You make some good points there Sephy...
    Sepentura

"The future is in your hands."

Former Leader - Sea of Change

I want to thank you Kirrana for showing up and displaying a willingness to develop RK2 events. I had expected an actual planning session for an event and not what it turned into. I would like to plan either a party or a fundraiser for women's rights. Neither the CoT or Omni-Tek seem to show any regard for women's rights and I think we should bring some awareness to the situation.

Kirrana, please send me an email as my address is listed below. Again, thanks for your time.

follow up

Rubi-Ki 2 What, if any - is the future?

A few weeks ago I visited the often forgotten second planet of Rubi-Ki to get players view of the problems on the planet and its future, if it has one. I meet with a number of the guild leaders from clan, omni and neutral whose politics may be different but they agreed at least on the issues facing their planet.

Story? What story.

The first topic has been popular on boards, it relates to the storyline and the events or perhaps on Rubi-Ki 2 the lack of them. So far it appears at best they have had only one or two events at most. The events on RK1 might have been meet with a mixture of player feelings at least we have been given something. All players would agree the storyline is a major part to our involvement in Anarchy Online so why should they not have the same events as least. We all pay the same amount each month and they did not go to Rubi-Ki 2 expecting to only have half a story. While I can understand the pressure on the storyline staff to deal with both servers this is vastly unfair on the players and is a problem of Funcoms own making.

Support staff.

But the storyline issue may highlight an even greater problem on the planet that being of a lack of staff on the planet. The real issue is simply not numbers, most of the players complained at poor ARK response times but also the lack of GM’s involvement. On RK1 it is common to find the community guys, ARK’s and GM’s turning up to parties or just sitting in the bar. If not they will turn up on the IRC chan during the night, the value of these people to building the community should not be underestimated. On RK2 the players felt at distance to the staff, and lacked the close feeling of community.

Other resources missing to?

Staff is not the only resource lacking. Going back to the issue with story lines a major problem is the lack of attention the planet receives on reporting of events. I had not really thought about this before, but when have we every seen a report on an event that happened on RK2. The main sources of information are the two newssheets Rubi-Ka Times and the Voice of Freedom, but these are only for RK1. In truth it would be hard to report events on both planets in the same papers as this would only lead to confuse people. But is it asking too much to create a separate news service just for RK2? If staffing is an issue I am sure you would find players on RK2 only to willing to act as reporters for it.

The Future?

RK2 was created in part due to the size of the player population and the lag it was causing. But as players have become spread out over the planet and Funcom has made code improvements to sort out the lag do we need an RK2. To me a simple solution would have been to move the players to RK1. However I could not have been more wrong in guessing the views of the RK2 population, such an idea was met with a firm but simple “no way”. Despite the problems on RK2 the players have built a great community, which is very different from RK1. However RK2’s population is dieing off often not by choice but just a matter of the game becoming unplayable. The lack of a story does drive some players away to RK1 but for higher level players, troubles getting equipment and finding people to group with often means they have to leave to RK1. The biggest problem is not knowing what the future for the server will be. This is the underlying problem on RK2 is the lack of information, questions which never get answered.

But all is not lost the players on RK2 showed they cared, they want to build a community, and they will work hard at doing so. Perhaps one way to bring RK2 back to life is to give the server the players. Let them run the events; report on the events this is sure to bring the players back.

Kirrana.

Sorry for the late posting of this and thanks to the people of Rubi-Ki 2 who helped

Wott
    Pheobbe
    Sepentura
    Safo
    Bombsquad
    Oxsmash
    Seishin
    Coeur
    Synea
    Delisioso

Questions To Funcom

1. Do you have any firm plans on the future of Rubi-Ki 2 would it be possible to dismiss and plans to remove the server placing people on Rubi-Ki
    2. You have to agree the events on RK2 have not matched those on RK1 how do you plan to address this in future.
    3. Why has the voice of freedom channel used on announce events not appeared on RK2
    4. RK2 appears to have no community leaders, and lacks the GM’s we see on RK1 has anyone in FC got a role to support RK2 only and act as a community point for the players there.
    5. Why don’t events get reported on Rubi-Ki is it not about time it had a separate website to report news.
    6. With player numbers dropping and life becoming harder for the players on RK2, have any thoughts gone to looking at out this might be addressed. People have made suggestions about the server becoming for Europeans, roleplay server or even for the server to be player run with its own different storyline ?

Big Thanks to Mouse from AOB for the help