Thread: Imagine Rubi-Ka without...

Imagine Rubi-Ka without...

A lot of people on these boards come up with nerf cries on a regular basis. Many of these nerf cries are directed towards a few professions, often because of an ability that makes them powerful in PvP.

But as history tells us, if you nerf a profession too much, they start to vanish, at least at high levels. So - and I encourage other people to chime in with their own ideas - I'm going to try to imagine Rubi-Ka without...

High-Level Traders: Wow, it sure is hard to find a wrangle these days. You've been trying to get your new QL 200 gun on for three hours now, you've got your implants in and everything, but you just can't find a trader who can and will do the 132 wrangle you need. Another hour later and you give up in disgust, slapping on a gun you can self-equip.

A few days later you've finally gotten your gun on, paying 500k for a wrangle, and you unleash a world of hurt on an enemy NT who's been area nuking your guild and killing lots of people, hoping to finish him off. But - darn - a doctor on his side just complete-healed him. You spam the tactical channel looking for someone to debuff that doc... but there aren't any traders, and oh yeah, drains were nerfed so much it wouldn't have mattered if there were.

High-Level Fixers: Well, it's come time for you to do a unique. You want some phat uber lewt, and you need a tank. The best tank for this unique is a GA4 fixer... only, you don't know any that still play. In fact, if your friend hadn't relogged to buff your teams' NCUs, you wouldn't even have that much. You try to get an enforcer to tank the encounter, but after the latest round of PVP nerfs hit them, high level enforcers are pretty hard to find too.

High-Level Doctors: You convinced an agent friend to FP doctor so you can get your implants on, but your guild hasn't managed to kill a unique in three weeks. Ever since the doctors either stopped leveling at 149 because of the PvP brackets, or just plain quit or switched to alts because of the nerfs, only a very few of the bosses have been dying, and mostly just to large guilds who are forcing people to play doctors or using docs on second accounts for it. It's been kind of rough in the notum wars lately as well - without docs around to keep you healed, you're spending more time than ever at reclaim.

Those are just a few examples... think about it before you start screaming your head off for more nerfing. How hard is it to find a high level MP? Do you really want it to be that hard to find a trader or a doctor or a tank?
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Or an adventurer to buff you perception , make your implants, free ride you into SD, and give you leetform

Exactly. Look how hard it is to get a crit buff nowadays since so many whined about MA crits......
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

...without Crats to buff my xp in team missions?

Oh, sorry! That was totally wrong, it should actually read:

...WITH Crats to buff my xp in team missions?
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

Crats? Whats that? You mean the 3.7% of players who were foolish enough to pick Bureaucrat as profession??? Sadly i am one of those.. imagine.. there are 5.2% Engineers and 5.5% MPs. The pet professions are the least played ones.. and the Crats (like me) are the rare profession since release with only Fixers coming close to being as rare as Crats back then almost 2 years ago. Now there are 13.7% fixers and 3.7% crats. Unless Funcom does something to make Crats useful in AO, you will not have those XP buffs anymore in the near future. Sadly, those XP buffs are the only useful thing crats are good for.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

Imagine a world with nothing but Enforcers, Fixers, Doctors, and Traders since they are in fact the gods of Rubi-Ka.
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

Originally posted by Meister
    Crats? Whats that? You mean the 3.7% of players who were foolish enough to pick Bureaucrat as profession??? Sadly i am one of those.. imagine.. there are 5.2% Engineers and 5.5% MPs. The pet professions are the least played ones.. and the Crats (like me) are the rare profession since release with only Fixers coming close to being as rare as Crats back then almost 2 years ago. Now there are 13.7% fixers and 3.7% crats. Unless Funcom does something to make Crats useful in AO, you will not have those XP buffs anymore in the near future. Sadly, those XP buffs are the only useful thing crats are good for.
    Heck, I feel I should tip Crats for playing, I see them so rarely...

And truth to tell, it's a rare occasion indeed when I actually team with a Crat, not because I don't want too, but because they aren't there to be teamed with.
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

Imagine Rubi-Ka without... Me!
    Illuminati

220 Arinova - Bureaucrat
    207 Novatek - Soldier
    200 Vitalangel - Doctor
    200 Teknova - Fixer
    200 Je'Tina - Shade

Now taking donations for exisiting !

Really though, you can practically count us bureaucrats on your fingertips
    Alysanda
    Lvl 215 Rubika 1 Omni Bureaucrat

Retroaction
    Lvl 176 Rubika 1 Omni Soldier
    Recourse
    Lvl 100ish Rubika 1 Omni Doctor
    Anarchist of TEEN GIRL SQUAD!

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard

There are crats in this game?

Funny thing is the only time I seem to find another crat is when I'm playing one looking for a group in NLC. Suddenly every other crat in exisence is looking for a group.

YOu can count the high level adventurer's on your fingers too. IM the second nanomage advent to hit title6, ever, and compared to crats we're everywhere.

This tells me 1 of two things.

Either crats need some patch love, or crats just aren't a popular profession to play. That actually eases my mind. The beaugoise` hasn't taken over Rubi ka

I wish every person who plays a trader, GA fixer or doctor because those classes are "better" than others WOULD go away, buff shortages be damned. Would much rather hunt a little longer for a buff than show up at tower wars and see the same kids in their uber trader/fixxor/combat doc toon over and over.

Originally posted by Sanskrit
    I wish every person who plays a trader, GA fixer or doctor because those classes are "better" than others WOULD go away, buff shortages be damned. Would much rather hunt a little longer for a buff than show up at tower wars and see the same kids in their uber trader/fixxor/combat doc toon over and over.
    They'd only switch to NT, or MA, or Engineer, or whatever the most recently uberized profession was, Sanskrit.

They wouldn't quit. The people who aren't out to be uber, but really do love their profession will be most of the ones who quit the game. Why? Because they've been nerfed into non-viability and they aren't interested in starting over as some other class.

A few will remake new characters under another profession if they want to stay with their friends... but the patch-jumpers and uberness-chasers will just jump to another uber spot.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

This is why I am so conflicted on the unnerf MA crits campaign. There is a huge flock of uber-doodz who rolled MAs when they could run around and pwnz, spent much of their ubering time levelling these MAs, then got nerfed. I LIKE the way that worked out. Hehe. On the other hand the people who actually play MAs as a profession deserve some help.