Thread: Chat/Gui Window Ideas

Chat/Gui Window Ideas

I've tried to read through all the good suggestions at the top of this forum, but somehow don't see what I would really like. So thus as my first post on the forums I thought I'd come in with my own suggestion.

The current chat window area is very limiting. Here are some of the changes I'd like to see, most being very simple I think to program (yes I am a programmer myself and have done several things dealing with chat).

1) Allow me to set the transperancy of the chat window. Right now with the default transperancy I can't see most text when I go to very bright areas such a Mort and the like.

2) Allow me to have the chat window fill up the bottom of my screen. (resizable, and yes I know this has been discussed but it goes along with my next idea)

3) Allow me to break up the window output. Let me go into more depth on this. Allow me to split up the window into seperate windows that give different output. I'm a Doctor and for the most part all I see is "you must wait for your nano to recharge" on my screen during most combats. I would like to be able to split my window in such a way that all chat comes into one, all combat into another and all nano stuff goes into yet another (such as the you healed so and so for 894hp and your medical sequencer nano has ran out on so and so) Then I have a very easy time in seeing chat messages from the team, I can continue to see damage output from around me and I can see what nanos are running out without missing them half the time.

4) In the chat options split up other hit other into player hit other and npc hit other so that I can decide which of the two I'd like to see. Once more I'm much more interested most times in what mobs are hitting my team and not with what my team is hitting so that I can heal.

5) Allow me to change the color of a mob hit player as well, having both player hit other and mob hit other be the same is very tiresome trying to pick them out from one another.

6) Oh and one last thing, when in a fight. PLEASE make the name of a team member flash RED when they are being attacked. You already do this flashing with a voice message, it would make life so much easier if you did it just for combat. Then I could tell immidiately who is getting hit or when aggro changes. I'm usually very good about judgin from onscreen who is getting hit but it is still difficult in cramped quarters.

I know I had other ideas on this but my major beef is the third one. If you'd like a better idea of what I'm talking about, take Neverwinter Nights, it has an option to split up stuff. I think this alone even without resizeable windows of some kind would be a BLESSING to anyone that recieves a lot of chat.

anyways I hope people will take my ideas for wht they are. Suggestions to help make AO that much better for us the players.

good suggestions that have been requested since launch and still need to be implemented.

make all damage say who did it. if i nuke or DOT a mob it knows i did the damage, the chat window should reflect who did the damage also.