Thread: Fixers and the patch...

Angry Fixers and the patch...

Hi im a fixer lvl 42 . Well everyone is telling me that fixers are weak period in all aspects of the game and all they have is speed! now i happen to like fixers but i couldnt disagree with what they were saying i realized that when im in a group i can do nothing to contribute because my damage with a ql 49 mausser is only around on average 50 and sometimes 300 but rarely why do they make fixers sooooo weak . Fixers to me are cool and i dont feel like starting over a new character so please make the fixers better in the next patch!
    "People fear they dont understand, Hate what they cannot conquer".

"Only the dead have seen the end of war."

You need a better gun. It's a well known fact that you HAVE to equip things that are double your level. If it's 3 times your level than that's overequipping and that makes FC sad.

But you will probably make the same damage anyways b/c of the min. damage on the mausser. Go get subconcious guiding from an Martial artist and you will see a great improvement.

Unhappy

what do u mean by talk to a martial artist? fixer arent good melee fighters. O hand my mausser is 7 lvls higher than me , im even tweaked to be a killer but still i lack the damage that a soldier or an adv will do with a mausser ...and maussers are soppose to be the fixers weapon of choice....quite sad

Hi Psycho,
    at lvl 42 you could quite easily use a ql80 massuer.
    I was using a ql49 like the one you have at around lvl 20-25

if you are on RK2 send intra a /tell and when I am online I will hook you up with a new gun and we will try and sort you out with a few implants.
    I have a ql77 in my backpack that you will be able to use.

anyway, ask around some fixers in your dimension if you are not on RK2 and I am sure they will help

You're tweaked?

You better look into better implants.

At lvl 42 My mausser was at least lvl 75. Its the only way to survive. The mausser is a good weapon up to lvl 100, where the dreaded min damage bug rears its ugly head.

Just wait till the patch. The Mausser "chemical" Streamer is coming out, and so far, I really like it. Granted, I am only lvl 9, but my ql 8 MCS is still rocking for me, AND I would have a lvl 13 MCS if I could only get more cash to buy the parts I need to build it. Its hard to be a tester with such a low lvl character, because it seems that at low lvls every weapon you choose is good.

The MCS features a faster burst recycle, higher damage, and higher crit. Also, Chemical damage, instead of projectile. Which I think makes it a very good gun. BUT, Like I said, we'll have to wait to see how it does at higher levels.

Sopprano lvl 106 fixer RK-1

Subconcious guiding is a program that increases your chances of a critical and that program belongs to Martial Artists. You will be able to do about a middle damage more often with it on.

Originally posted by Psychogaiden
    what do u mean by talk to a martial artist? fixer arent good melee fighters. O hand my mausser is 7 lvls higher than me , im even tweaked to be a killer but still i lack the damage that a soldier or an adv will do with a mausser ...and maussers are soppose to be the fixers weapon of choice....quite sad

At level 42 I was using a ql70+ mausser. Without major twink, only some ql30 implants and a small wrangler. By doing that you will be a great damage dealer.

Our damage problem comes later in level. At yours you can still be very good. If I was twinking like a mad I could use even higher ql mausser (like 120) at my current 46.

A martial artist SG add a to your crits %. Melee or ranged doesn't matter. But I don't recomend to focus on that cos you don't have always an MA with you .

I can recommend you to use a scope too, but that's a choice you have to make. 2 other skills to raise (elec engi & weapon smith). These are relatively cheap as you don't max them (while not green) but hey, 2 more skills. A scope will add to your crits % but lower your RoF. I use the best scope I can in order to have 0 in ranged init. I have one around the ql40 actually and could equip a better one easily, but I have already 0 in ranged init .

To solve our damage issue, FC begin to make good SMG. We have actually the gamma ejectors. These are only ql68 but are pretty good even for a high level Fixer. Their problem is that they are dual wieldable and there are not other good dual wieldable SMGs. There are still the 2 Severus' SMG that do exotic damage (cold and fire) but are still too weak to be valuable later (and one has fling shot instead of burst, a good skills but it is the only one to use it..). The here are the gamma. Many mid-high Fixers have choosen them.

The next SMG (and this one really rocks) is MCS (read mausser chemical streamer). This one will solve our problem it seems. Theoricaly in next patch while there have been no official info about (MCS is on test server). If you wanna read the stats check the Fixer forum.

However 2 SMGs are a to restrictive choice, other will come. Enforcer have only hammer and, better, beam to deal good damage.

Don't think you are guimped at your level.
    Last edited by Zuh; Jan 30th, 2002 at 19:57:07.

i c...crap intra ur on RK2 i play on 1 so i cant hit u up.! i try to find better maussers but i cant seem to find one around everytime i shop all i see is el diablos lol like i want to use that ...well if i run into a ql70+ i'll be sure to get it... anyone know what discs r for? im still a lil bit new to this game heh, i keep getting discs what do i do with them??

Psychogaiden lvl 42 fixer rk1
    *Order of corprate Templars*

Psychogaiden

Give me a tell in game. I may be able to set you up with some old qual 50 implants for smg and burst. ( If you don't have better already).

I might also be able to introduce you to a few folks who can help out with mausers.

rollo303
    Everybody needs an 808
    Everybody needs a 303

ok great i'll be on later though i mstill in school lol. but yeah anyways why the hel ldid funcom screw us ?? and can anyone tell me what the hell do i do with discs??

Originally posted by Psychogaiden
    ok great i'll be on later though i mstill in school lol. but yeah anyways why the hel ldid funcom screw us ?? and can anyone tell me what the hell do i do with discs??

People didn't screw us .

As well the disc are used to make nano cristal that can be use. There a relatively complexe way to make it and you need NP (nano programming) to do that.

Don't waste you IP in NP . Aqua blue for you, you have better to do.

If you see a disc that begin with "Grid" and finish with something like "MK-I" or "MK-IV" give me a tell before you sell it . I have also a mausser ql71 in my pocket. Is 'Psychogaiden' your alias in-game ?