Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The New Patch INFO

Re: The New Patch INFO

Originally posted by Herich
    -All Health, recharge and first Aid Kits (+ Virus Scanners Etc.) can now be split and stacked again.
    OMG. I'm seeing flying pigs and fish with 8 legs. The moon is green and the ocean is orange. Hell has indeed frozen over and Elvis is playing live at the Luxor in Vegas.

-The May Fly Throwing Grenade is now working as intended.
    So wait...does that mean that they are no longer unique and no longer require electrical engineering skill to pull the pin?
    .: Naraya :.

Re: Re: The New Patch INFO

Originally posted by Naraya

So wait...does that mean that they are no longer unique and no longer require electrical engineering skill to pull the pin?
    Jayde's DB has no UNIQUE tag on them, and only grenade skill to use...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Re: Re: Re: The New Patch INFO

Originally posted by Darkbane
    Jayde's DB has no UNIQUE tag on them, and only grenade skill to use...
    The "May Fly Throwing Grenade" (http://64.106.154.149/showitem.asp?AOID=165117) itself never had a UNIQUE tag on them...

The "Secured May Fly Throwing Grenade" (http://64.106.154.149/showitem.asp?AOID=165119) is where all of this nade's problems exist.

May Fly Throwing Grenades are player-made grenades. Last time I checked, there were three steps to using one of them that had to be done each time you wanted to use one because the first step resulted in a unique item.

Step 1: Make the nade - combine Nano Multibenzonoxydant Sulphosalycilic Liquid (which you can get from a chemistry component shop I believe) with a Throwing Grenade Basic Kit and you get a "Secured MayFly Throwing Grenade". This step requires Weapon Smithing (900 for a QL 200 nade so I take it the formula is QL *4.25).

Step 2: Use the Secured MayFly grenade to in effect pull the pin. The result of this step is the un-unique May Fly Throwing grenade. This step requires Electrical Engineering (900 for a QL 200, so again the formula appears to be QL * 4.25). Secured MayFly nades are UNIQUE, thus you can only have one of them on you at any given point in time.

Step 3: Throw the nade. This step must be done within 20 seconds of completing step 2 or you will have wasted it. Throwing the nade requires Grendae skill (again, 900 for a QL 200).

I checked the DB and looked at the Secured MayFly grenade (the one you get after step 1) and it is still unique and still requires QL *4.25 in Electrical Engineering to pull the pin.

First problem: UNIQUE. WHY THE <insert choice four letter word here> IS A GRENADE UNIQUE? WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY? THERE IS NO LOGICAL REASON WHY ANY PART OF THIS PROCESS SHOULD INCLUDE THE UNIQUE TAG WHEN THERE IS A 20-SECOND LOCK ON YOUR GRENADE SKILL WHEN THROWN AND A 10-SECOND SKILL LOCK ON YOUR ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING SKILL WHEN MADE.

Second problem: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING. HOW CAN YOU JUSTIFY PUTTING AN ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING REQUIREMENT ON PULLING THE PIN ON A GRENADE WHEN PULLING THE PIN ON A GRENADE IS A MECHANICAL ACTION AND DOESN'T REQUIRE THE MIND OF ROCKET SCIENTIST TO UNDERSTAND?

If they haven't eliminated step two from the three step process, the nade is still seriously borked and needs a real fix.
    .: Naraya :.

YES!!!!!!

Thank you to coders for letting me stack nano kits!!!!!!!
    svendor lvl 206 nt
    Eternal fury
    LORD oF THE CLAW CAMP.

And nothing new on fixing the horrible pet pathing.
    whoopy doo.. yey... great... bloody fagtastic.

Originally posted by Kelnic
    And nothing new on fixing the horrible pet pathing.
    whoopy doo.. yey... great... bloody fagtastic.
    you're actually holding your breath, waiting for this to be fixed? won't happen this year, trust me. might as well start breathing and accept the fact that some things will never change.
    Oryl - 143 Trox MA... Troxxoration(™) Get-up.

Talking

ARG I HATE Escape when typing up posts it deletes EVERYTHING!!! Ok any way TO make my 3 page Story short..

There was something accidently said on Test from a BH that indicated that the pet pathing was patched up some on 14.7.8.3 that Is able to help the NEW pets for MP's and the Old ones as well.

P.S BH = Bug hunter

~Herich~ out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12