Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The New Patch INFO

The New Patch INFO

The Test Server just got updated to 14.7.8.1 from 14.7.8 so i guess there getting ready to patch Live Soon.
    Patch notes are as below.

Preliminary Patch Notes v.14.7.8.1
    Playfield Changes:

-It is now possible to enter the new high dungeon inner Sanctum

General Changes:

-All Health, recharge and first Aid Kits (+ Virus Scanners Etc.) can now be split and stacked again.

-Sirocco now gives part 2 of the Fixer Grid mission to players of the required level.

-The May Fly Throwing Grenade is now working as intended.

Preliminary Patch Notes v.14.7.8
    Playfield Changes:

-We have introduced a new dungeon, Temple of Three Winds. This is aimed at players level 60 and below.
    (Located in Tir County)

-New high-level dungeon, Inner Sanctum. This is aimed at the highest-level players.

-Tir Grid machine has now been moved to where you exit the grid.

-Tir County Mission Terminals and Bank Terminals have been removed from Tir gate area.

-There are some new mission terminals in Tir County just south of Tir.

-The Shop o Fortune has been removed from shops.
    And Replaced them with bank terminals.

-Removed some bank terminals from several cities.

Monster Changes:

-Many high level monsters (levels 245+) have had their NanoAC decreased, dramatically in some cases. Nano-Technicians did not do much good against many of these monsters, and that was not the intention.

Item Changes:

-The burnt-out armour-effects from the Hellfury and Hellspinner weapons no longer stack with each other.
    -The Hellspinner effect is more powerful, and will replace the Hellfury effect if it is present.

-Fixed a bug with Omni Armed Forces armour and Superior Sentinel armour. They are now modifying the "life" stat instead of the "health" stat.

-Added more suitable icons to the "Modernised ICC Cloaks".

-Removed profession requirements on some Hacked Pills and Blister Packs.

-Fixed the icon of the Deformed Mantidae Tarsus.

Nano Changes:

-There was a problem with the Boil Blood nano where the original target was not being affected by the damage-over-time. This has been fixed, and the original target will now be affected (as will other enemies in the area).

-Beacon Warp and Team Beacon Warp have been placed into their own nano line.

General Changes:

-Cancelling a trade with your main inventory full will open up the overflow window.

-The black doors issue has been given a more thorough fix. This should prevent you from getting black doors, and also reduce the warping in missions. Please note that the latter will not be gone completely in this patch.

Re: The New Patch INFO

Originally posted by Herich
    -All Health, recharge and first Aid Kits (+ Virus Scanners Etc.) can now be split and stacked again.
    That'll do for me
    Turchin - Fat Crat member of Illuminati.

Bump for stacking!

Huge hugs to the coder who put the stacking in

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

w00t

The rest is ok too, I guess.

Yep, stacking is in and works

Pity they broke the nano rechargers a bit 9among other things)... still, sure we'll get 14.7.8.2 shortly...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

-The May Fly Throwing Grenade is now working as intended.
    I wonder exactly what that means... are they actually doing decent damage now?
    Drusillus
    Band of Brothers

Level 143 Omni-Tek Chief Engineer

Curator of the Rubi-Ka Encyclopaedia of Armor

Finally I can stock up on nano-rechargers of higher than QL125! Woot! This is a *great* change.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Thumbs up

Must also admit.. stacking needed to be done!!!
    A reload button and everything would be perfect... well..

maybe not

Originally posted by Darkbane
    Yep, stacking is in and works

Pity they broke the nano rechargers a bit 9among other things)... still, sure we'll get 14.7.8.2 shortly...
    Yay for stacking.... but how did they break them?
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

Giving credit where credit is due.

I have not been playing AO for that long, about 3 months and the first part of my experience was pretty bad. I am highly pleased with the stability of the client as of late and bought the booster pack and had 0 problems.

I'm hoping that the next patch is smooth and everything has stable to the point where cool new features like stacking kits, etc keep funneling in. It's great to see the game start to really shine

Thanks Funcom!
    -Xziz

Re: Re: The New Patch INFO

Originally posted by Drusillus

I wonder exactly what that means... are they actually doing decent damage now?
    I hope that means that they stack now also or are no longer UNIQUE. Having just one was kind of pointless.
    Advisor of First Light
    Tradeskill How-To's, Engineer Profession Guides, and Jello Wrestling at The Tir School of Engineering
    Confused by Alien Tech? Check out my Alien Invasion Guides

New to Engineering? Try HighOrbit's Engineer Guide. Thanks HighOrbit

A good patch? What the hell? Did funcom make their coders / thinktanks stop smoking whatever the hell they were?

~Chris

Re: Re: Re: The New Patch INFO

Originally posted by Lyricia

I hope that means that they stack now also or are no longer UNIQUE. Having just one was kind of pointless.
    Ooh yeah that would be really nice too
    Drusillus
    Band of Brothers

Level 143 Omni-Tek Chief Engineer

Curator of the Rubi-Ka Encyclopaedia of Armor

Originally posted by Intenseheat

Yay for stacking.... but how did they break them?
    Borked up the DB, all basic chargers give +30 (sucks) and all advanced chargers +2000 ()... Looking at Jayde's, it seems
    there are entries for Ql1, Ql200 and Ql400... so looks like they missed out the entries where basic and advanced switch (around Ql100ish) breaking interpolation.

Still, it'll be fixed next patch, so think I'll stick to my NT for now as she can use Ql110s
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

i'd huggle the coder who did the stacking stuff too but i'm sure it won't be as gratifying as lilnymph's huggle.
    Blue Steel(TM)

E 86% - S 60% - A 33% - K 20%
    http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - Derek"Rayfield" Zoolander
    RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki
    RK2 - Sylvester "Code187" Vallone

Haha Yeah stacking seems to be the favorite on this patch... but remember it's also a bug fix patch and a "less" lag patch too i suppose.. seems to work Great on TEST.. so lets hope it's the same on Regualr.. now the only problem i was seeing on test is now that you can stack the nano kits they only heal your nano on test for +30 and thats it.. no matter what QL they are.. I suppose they will have that resolved soon or they might take the stacking out of the patch till future refrence.
    ~Herich~ out.

-The Shop o Fortune has been removed from shops.
    And Replaced them with bank terminals.
    banks in stores? am i reading this right? that's pretty sweet, i reckon.
    Oryl - 143 Trox MA... Troxxoration(™) Get-up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast