Thread: Dodga's Mean Metal Machines

Dodga's Mean Metal Machines

So,

Last night at lvl 105 me and my warbot finally soloed Live Metal at Rocky Outcrops and put that bad bot down. Woohoo. This is part 3 of the Dodga quest of course, and after doing a cursory scan of the forums I can't say if this has been covered before, but I have a question to put to the learned and experienced:

LiveMetal is around lvl 130 and was Bloodred to me at lvl 105. I know Trashking is the baddest of the lot of the bots, and should not be attempted solo until at least lvl 150+...

But can anyone reveal (even roughly) the levels of the other 7 bots, and also - any tips on taking out Trashking, with or without team would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you people,
    Machyna

Unit Member of Lost Chapter
    Nobel Prize Engineer, Atlantean

"..We had some good machines, but they don't work no-more, I loved you once, don't love you anymore".

Armor & accessories atm

ALL of the bots are lvl 130... sept some do crap melee dmg and use area nukes to do most of there dmg while others do big melee dmg and barley ever nuke.

Smile Metal Machines cont.

Thanks Harrogath, gotta catch'em all! Like - now - soon!

Anyone got any tips or anything else to add on taking out Trashking?
    Machyna

"..We had some good machines, but they don't work no-more, I loved you once, don't love you anymore".

Armor & accessories atm

Very few professions can solo the Trash King unless being very high level. A L160 MA was beaten into a pulp when trying to do so.

Tactics for taking down TK:

You need: At least 1 pet-profession, 1 calmer, the rest damage-dealers (healer optional).

1. When TK spawns, send in pet (the tougher the better). Everyone wait until the pet attacks TK and actually lands the first blow, thereby getting aggro.

2. Everyone else, let rip. Calmer should calm the Trash King's Lackey who is sure to lurk around, concentrate firepower upon TK. Pet-owner heals pet as needed.

With this tactic, TK concentrates its attacks on the pet, so everyone else isn't harmed unless they are inside melee range.

Good hunting.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

I soloed TK and TKL as a L163 MA.

I first landed a 10K as on TKL, then ran in for some brawls crit hits, then when I got low on hp, I ran off and picked him off with my bow and healed, kept this up and killed TK too.
    Freshmeat James "Brunis" Brun TL4
    Apprentice Pippi "Smooches" Longstocking TL7 Teh Crap

omg RK1!
    The "Smoo" Smooo!

ITAMZ OR PK!

Smile The Trashking is dead, long live...

Great!

- Kzak - thanks for advice from a general of the most esteemed Mercury Dragons!

- Smooches - You're a tough girl! I myself watched a 170 lvl MA go toe to toe solo with TK and she just didn't have time to heal, the hits were landing too fast... Using the bow and putting some distance between you and TK probably helps!
    Machyna

Armor & accessories atm

All the "lackeys" are level 130, but their difficulty varies wildly.

I did it with a friend, we both needed the parts, so we formed a lil duo and set out to kill them. And while that meant we had to collect twice as many pieces, we ended up killing them with no difficulty and up to 4x as fast (this at level 101)

The toughest lackey (well, at least the one we had more difficulty taking down) was Galvano in Greater Omni Forest, he packed a mean punch.

Just need to kill TK now, which I've managed a couple times in a big team, but I never won the raffle for the thing :/

Good luck, and happy bot mashing
    Basher Tarr, Engineer, and damn proud of it!

(really)

Exclamation ...

I once saw a lvl 130ish MP solo TK... with a demon,healing and a mezz pet...
    My perk setup
    Proud member of Nocturnal fear

Yes.. im pretty sure I could solo him. I think I did once.. I was in a full team but the others were like level 75, and were not of much help. (Im a MP)