Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NODROP loot, and how to fix the damn ninja looting. FUNCOM READ

NODROP loot, and how to fix the damn ninja looting. FUNCOM READ

Ok, as everyone on FunCom knows, the ninjalooting from the top end mobs has been a problem since tara was introduced, and is even worse now than ever. This need to be adressed.

Now, there's ONE thing I want to know.

If you -DO- feel that Monster Sunglasses is important enough to use this technique on (container not nodrop, but once opened, the item is nodrop).

This would allow a raid leader to empty out (i.e.) Tarasque right away, and then share the loot later, including the nodrop items.

With these christmas presents you actually proved that you did have the technology and function of this. Why Isn't it being used somewhere every player would like it (except the likes of Divinecross).

How hard would it be to make something called i.e. "Container: Breatlaste of Azure Reveries" and the entire problem would be fixed.

Could you please just tell us, why? Do you wish ninjalooting to be a sport/hobby/profession in this game? If you do, that's (sort of) fair enough. But let us know.

Anyone somehow agreeing, please bump to force Funcom's attention.

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

An idea I had was to add a button to the loot window that would allow you to pass the window to the targeted player without leaving a space open where someone else could access it. I would like to see your idea, though, as it would also fix a lot of problems with the corpse decaying too quickly.
    Doncaballero - 209 Enforcer, General of HYDRA

"Shut the f*** up, Donnie, you're out of your element!!" - Walter Sobchak

agree on eaze
    Neophyte Sun "Okkra" Tzu
    Fresman Sacre "Norange" Bleu
    Apprentice Deus "Chillout" Vult

Server First: Level 200 Shade kill.

Thanks for stealing all my tradeable phatz.

Only problem with the container is the ability for it to be traded or sold, which is the primary reason Funcom chose to make certain loot NoDrop. I choose to remain silent on my opinions about this.

I like the button idea of transfering the loot window to a target. It seems to have less of a chance of being abused than the first idea that came to my head. Regardless, here it is:

Have a special loot window that pops up for the whole team when a corpse with a NoDrop item is opened. The leader of the team has the ability to transfer loot rights to a chosen member of the team. If there is a "winner" of the loot outside the team, one person drops, and the "winner" is added and given rights to loot from the special team loot window.

Aside from any system to make the nodrop loot transfer more smooth, it might be a good idea to make loot messages vicinity chat, instead of funky team only /me chat. Then at least we'd know who to fry right away if someone does work around the system

-DE

That package idea seems pretty good.

Also another point: whats so wrong with selling one of these items? The thing I hate about nodrop is you can't share say a GPH with your new lvl 130 doc from your lvl 200 trader who happens to be wearing it.

But yeah ninja or body decay should be addressed.
    Old Isgrimnur Timer - Ranger
    Glen Sago Schmeisser - General
    Marky Kenidy Mark - Master Assassin Retired@200
    Bling Isgrimnurr Bling - Chairman and CEO

"Have you ever wondered, when you check loot and see NODROP, if it is not supposed to be dropped, how come the mob dropped it? And if the mob can drop it, why can't I?"

good ideas posted. hopefully FC will implement some of them.

Originally posted by deatheyes
    Only problem with the container is the ability for it to be traded or sold, which is the primary reason Funcom chose to make certain loot NoDrop. I choose to remain silent on my opinions about this.
    Ok, the technology for packet is already in game, we saw that this christmas. So your point, the chance of it being sold.

Put a timer on it. If not someone opens it within lets say 10min after being looted of a mob, it automatically opens and spawns the nodrop item with the person having it. Yes the packet can be sold in those 10min, but people are already buying eachothers lootrights on unique mobs etc, so that wouldn't change anything.

I cannot see how the benefits does not outweigh the drawbacks in this.

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

ninja looting needs to be adressed, i like the loot switching button idea
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

The original Goddess of Stabbitty Death

bah worst idea I ever heard from you illu. A Azure container or a gph container omg! Please never do that ****. I don't want to see peoples hording all those "NODROP-Containers" in bank to sell them on ebay etc. Or to sell them for 600 mill creds on exchange forum.

Implement something like that would be the biggest **** (sorry) what Funcom ever did.

No! Noway! I would leave that game when I see them doing such a ****. Hey lol illu - when Tara drops the gph. Make a ref announce it in clannet - make a fast roll or bid - your problem if you guys can handle it fast enough. Invite the guy who won the raffle into the team who has loot right. Give him leader and let him loot. Easy! No ninjaing. But maybe that is to clever for clammies on rimor hehe
    You do it cause you have to do it - but you don't do it cause you want to do it.

outstanding idea, eaze! I agree 100%.
    Born on: Wed Jun 27 15:39:10 2001
    Slavor, Soldier, RK1

Not good

Not a good idea cause what would stop ppl from selling or giveing to lower level char's? BUT here is a idea this one comes after many years of players asking for away to do this in everquest, They set it up so you could have teams join togather in what was called a raid party and anyone in the raid party was then given rights to loot mobs and this idea has worked very well and the raid party was also able to share in the xp for killing that over sized mob and the codeing for it is very simple and more so with the way the xp works in AO compaired to EQ

I like the idea of the box that holds the no drop item as seen at xmas. They already developed this idea with the safe previously to this. I suppose the xmas boxes had a requirement of 1 in b&e on it so everyone could open it.
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

NODROP is NODROP for a reason, I agree that something should be done, but this is not the right way to do it.
    I AM Kantarell I AM Mbutu
    Techno-Wizard is the most fun to play!

Originally posted by Master Mbutu
    NODROP is NODROP for a reason, I agree that something should be done, but this is not the right way to do it.
    And what is the reason for making stuff NoDrop? Do you know this reason Master Mbutu?
    .: Naraya :.

Originally posted by Whitesand
    bah worst idea I ever heard from you illu. A Azure container or a gph container omg! Please never do that ****. I don't want to see peoples hording all those "NODROP-Containers" in bank to sell them on ebay etc. Or to sell them for 600 mill creds on exchange forum.

Implement something like that would be the biggest **** (sorry) what Funcom ever did.

No! Noway! I would leave that game when I see them doing such a ****. Hey lol illu - when Tara drops the gph. Make a ref announce it in clannet - make a fast roll or bid - your problem if you guys can handle it fast enough. Invite the guy who won the raffle into the team who has loot right. Give him leader and let him loot. Easy! No ninjaing. But maybe that is to clever for clammies on rimor hehe
    He has an important point here, while it would limit the ninja looting, do we really need more items wrecking the already fubared economy?

The idea of loot containers has it flaws. where as the pass the looting-window would be a much greater way of distributing the loot to the winner
    Rebekah Poachie Vein - Lvl 200 Omni-Tek Bureaucrat - Equipment
    April Poachinator Joor - Lvl 150 Omni-Tek Enforcer - Equipment

Originally posted by Naraya

And what is the reason for making stuff NoDrop? Do you know this reason Master Mbutu?
    Like someone already said, so the items can't be traded/sold, FCs way of trying to keep ppl who don't need the item from farming them and selling them off?
    Yagyu for life

Pop up a simple dialogue box on the designated looter's screen that says "Joeninja is attempting to loot a Spiffyitemreference from taracorpse. Allow? Y/N" Click the no button and Joeninja is prevented from looting. Do your rolling, then when you get "Kimmyteammate is attempting to loot Spiffyitemreference from taracorpse. Allow? Y/N" hit yes and loot goes to the rightfull owner.

Then its simply a matter of whoever happens to be designated looter (either via /team loot leader/alpha/all or whatever).

Re: NODROP loot, and how to fix the damn ninja looting. FUNCOM READ

Originally posted by eaze
    Ok, as everyone on FunCom knows, the ninjalooting from the top end mobs has been a problem since tara was introduced, and is even worse now than ever. This need to be adressed.

Now, there's ONE thing I want to know.

If you -DO- feel that Monster Sunglasses is important enough to use this technique on (container not nodrop, but once opened, the item is nodrop).

This would allow a raid leader to empty out (i.e.) Tarasque right away, and then share the loot later, including the nodrop items.

With these christmas presents you actually proved that you did have the technology and function of this. Why Isn't it being used somewhere every player would like it (except the likes of Divinecross).

How hard would it be to make something called i.e. "Container: Breatlaste of Azure Reveries" and the entire problem would be fixed.

Could you please just tell us, why? Do you wish ninjalooting to be a sport/hobby/profession in this game? If you do, that's (sort of) fair enough. But let us know.

Anyone somehow agreeing, please bump to force Funcom's attention.
    Bump =)
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Originally posted by Whitesand

I can't say I care much about you think. You and your guild is the largest collective gathering of high level noobs in the game. So please, stop replying to my threads.

No, they wouldn't sell it, because it obviously would have a time stamp value. Used in 10min after being looter or either spawned into nodrop item, or decayed. Maybe preferably the last.

No! Noway! I would leave that game when I see them doing such a ****.
    Hey damn, yet another good reason to implement it. Feed me baby

Hey lol illu - when Tara drops the gph. Make a ref announce it in clannet - make a fast roll or bid - your problem if you guys can handle it fast enough. Invite the guy who won the raffle into the team who has loot right. Give him leader and let him loot. Easy! No ninjaing. But maybe that is to clever for clammies on rimor hehe
    You -still- have to reclose the loot window, for him to reopen it. thus yet again opening the loot to outside ninjas. Please, please, please stop proving your totally lack of knowledge in this game - We already know it. Ok?

And like I said, untill you actually have something to say, please stop replying to my threads aswell.

NON-NO DROP=HORDING

The pass the loot idea or a TEAM loot window is a better direction. Whats to stop people or orgs from camping the mob that drops the items all the time not giving others a chance..dont say it wont happen...if ninja looting can happen (selfish people or frustrated about not having a chance..its wrong either way).

No matter, a Raid loot window giving the option to the "raid leader" to chose who loots is a better idea then just making it non no drop.

have a max amount of teams aloud in a raid window and having one person control the loot is a far better way then making it in packages and believe me people would start hording and camping mobs worse then it already is.

I stayed in this game because for the most part people in general where extreamly nice and helpfull.. but ya get more people playing your going to see alot of negative things happen....the more people the more issues. I really hope funcom has the ablity to keep up with all thats happening and fix problems faster. patch once a week or every two weeks. times change fast..the game should reflect the population . oops! i went off in the wrong direction..RAID WINDOW

keep no drop please!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast