Thread: MPs and PvP

MPs and PvP

Has no one but me noticed that MPs have incredible PvP potential now? In the last few patches, MPs have had up to 3 pets, the pet heal power and speed increased, and PvP damage halved. Allow me to demostrate just about every PvP battle I have had with my level 40 MA against an MP (4 or 5)

Me: Brawl (100)
    Me: Bird of Prey (100)
    Heal Pet: Heal (100-150)
    Attack Pet: Attack (100)
    Me: Normal hit (30)
    MP: Brawl (70)
    MP: Normal hit (20)
    Attack Pet: Attack (100)
    MP: Normal hit (20)
    Me: Heal (110)
    Heal Pet: Heal (100-150)

Repeat till I die.

This process is further complicated when the MPs do the simple act of casting one of their major biomet debuffs + biomet incompetence. Healing classes rendered helpless by this act. MP healing pets never run out of nano. As long as the fight continues, the pet will heal. Also, something is telling me that while PvP damage is halved, Player's Pet vs. Player is not. MP attack pets hit me for about as much as they hit mobs, as far as I can tell, maybe a little less because I have more armor. I'm not saying boost MA power. I'm not saying nerf MP power. I'm just saying that something's gotta be done about this, perhaps limit MP pet nano pool or reduce Pet vs. Player damage.

Damn, MPs has sucked so long and been excluded from PvP. Let them have some fun.

I was gonna say the same thing. Really annoying to me. Yesterday I fought a MP until his healing pet ran out (LOL!) and was about to win until a lvl 64 soldier alpha'd me in the back (I'm lvl 38) which is another annoying thing altogether.

I find this distrubing, not for the MP, im happy he has PvP advantages now. What annoys me now is the second a class gets power its. Nerf it! Nerf it! Do you realize that the MP has about much HP as a NT? Sure NT's Nuke hard, MP's have pets that Hit Hard.

Bah, Im happy for them. Tho the healing pet does seem to heal incredibly fast considered the 50% dmg reduction.

A well played MP can be very formidable now, but a good alpha strike will blow them off their feet just like anyone else. Overequipped Agents can also dice them up quickly with a stigma. Traders, who have always been good against low health casters, can deprive them and root the pets.

The trick is not to get involved in a prolonged battle and run like hell if you see a cacodemon

MP's are not all that at high levels.. try leveling up some.. by the sounds of your fight you are too low to know what a high level MP does..

People that say that MP isn't over powered don't know what they talk about.

I got full set of ql70 implants in at lvl 36 and a Neleb's robe, at lvl 46 I have a ql76 attack pet and a ql 57 (I think) heal pet, both red to me, I have a nano that make my pet do 17 extra damage every hit and another that make it do 76 extra damage every hit (last one is only for 20 sec, but can be recasted)
    My pet do 200-300 damage every hit on Mobs, so half on players, and have alot of hp.

When I was lvl 40 I duelled a lvl 42 MA, my pet attacked him and my other pet healed me, I got healed for 200-250 damage every few sec and I just stood there, didn't even use my nukes, after about 2 min, I still had full hp and the MA had used dimach and everything he could and only had 25% hp left so he ran. He sent me a tell after "You are invincible!"

This is how every 1v1 battle have been, some are alot easier because all profs can't heal.

Against mobs it's even easier, just set the healing pet to heal the attack pet and tell that to attack, then just back up or nuke, if you get attacked, just run around and the mob will start attacking the pet soon.

I know lvl 46 is VERY low but I have friends that are around 100 and they still can take out dark orange mobs and sometimes red.

And in team with a trader and he wrangle, you can get extremly powerful pets, cuz the wrangle stack above all masteries, infuses or whatever you have.

Even if I play a MP myself I must say that MPs are way to overpowered, I will probably be around lvl 100 in the end of the year(if I don't get to bored soloing missions for 5-7% of total xp for lvl / mob) and if FC havn't changed anything by then I will have really fun with PvP

The biggest problem with FC is that they always listen to the lowlvl players that have no idea how to play the game (implants, buffs, etc) and change after that, so the profs that are "hard" to play changes so if you know how to play you become very over powered.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

hmm.. no meta are powerfull, but at low levels they are very powerfull.
    The biggest problem with FC is that they always listen to the lowlvl players that have no idea how to play the game (implants, buffs, etc) and change after that, so the profs that are "hard" to play changes so if you know how to play you become very over powered.
    HAHA this from a 57 saying he is overpowerd! ROFLMAO

I fear them at 100, but still fight and kill them (and they kill me too as it were, funny how pvp works out)

your a low level twink (the fact that you have that robe at your level is pretty much proof).

Give it 50 levels (only half way to the top).

You will be powerful, but not as powerfull as you are now.

I made a meta, she rocks. but she is *see sig*

now read the post right above yours and quit speaking from the point of view of someone that is only 25% of the way up the ladder.

and a side note I am 100 and I can take out ALL dark oranges normally and reds .. well .. i kill them.. they kill me.. funny how that works out. But I can solo a lot of reds -------|--------o
    Last edited by Yazule; Nov 28th, 2001 at 17:12:34.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

If you kill a meta's heal pet can he summoun up another in the heat of battle?
    Can you debuff a heal pet?

cant cast the pet if killed for 10-20 seconds and there is a 20-45 second cast time.. tell me you cant interrupt that nut and no 2hb buffs for you! LOL

umm debuff? hmm dunno, when healed by the pet they *execute* ... hmmmm .... hmmmm ... make a level 40ish debuffer and we will test

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Sounds like taking out the heal pet is the way to go. If you are up against an offensive threat with a doc backing them don't you always take out the doc first?
    Does the pet take half or full damage?

I think after the patch they take half (and do half now too).

Yes if you think it *might* be close take out the pet, they are soft and squishy, but then go for the meta (they are soft and squishy too ) ... leave the atttack pet be, if you have to kill 2 pets then your toast. Metas get a nuke that debuffs for 9 second (no healing - 20 to all nano) at a very low level so if they are bright they will chain cast it and you got nunya healing (lower ones I guess) while she/he nukes and pet eats you and other pet heals her.

Honesly man, at your level they are scary (at my level too).

But killable

ROFLOL

Talking Yup..

Greetings!

...MP's are like all classes. They have strength's and weaknesses.
    Yes, in PvP, the pets can do all the work. If you put too much
    attention into them, you will be toast, and it's your own fault. The
    problem with that is, they can name their pets with thier own
    name, therefore confusing you. PvP battles don't last long, so
    pressing "t" to determine who is who can also leave you dead.

(If you can't spot the summoner, and you've been ambused, just
    run. There's no sense in sitting there scratching your head...

MP's PvP skills are not what concerns me in the least, but rather
    their ability to level much easier that other "non-pet" professions.
    At level 45-ish, I grouped with a level 55-ish friend, who was an
    MP. We hunted reds for a while, no mobs, and it was all good. But
    then, we spot some sylvabanes, and he's like: "Yeah, I'll take care
    of those." He sends ina pet pet to heal the attacker, and five
    minutes later, all 5-6 sylvabanes are dead. Absolutely no effort.

Rather than no effort, I should say "Little, to no risk." They can sit
    back, command a pet, and level to their heart's content. Pets have
    enough range to keep the player MP safe, in case it aggros on
    them. If it aggros, they have a good head start to begin running.

Far better range than any pistol, rifle, some nukers, or shotgun.

yes my friend you are somewhat right. Rooted mobs have ALWAYS been easy prey to all pet classes, but if a mobile mob starts hitting them they die easy and fast. There is an up side and a down side. Only way to stop your problem that makes any sense is to remove rooted mobs. Not gonna happen.

I can level as fast with a newbie enforcer in missoins as a meta can hunting.. up to level 50ish probably.

I know, I leveld that meta up to 39 and well, me... 102 as of tonight.

Give meta's a break... they had it very hard before the patch (well I didnt, but all those people making your implants did).

ROFLOL

Originally posted by Yazule
    hmm.. no meta are powerfull, but at low levels they are very powerfull.

HAHA this from a 57 saying he is overpowerd! ROFLMAO

I fear them at 100, but still fight and kill them (and they kill me too as it were, funny how pvp works out)

your a low level twink (the fact that you have that robe at your level is pretty much proof).

Give it 50 levels (only half way to the top).

You will be powerful, but not as powerfull as you are now.

I made a meta, she rocks. but she is *see sig*

now read the post right above yours and quit speaking from the point of view of someone that is only 25% of the way up the ladder.

and a side note I am 100 and I can take out ALL dark oranges normally and reds .. well .. i kill them.. they kill me.. funny how that works out. But I can solo a lot of reds -------|--------o
    Yazule, please read the post before, first my Meta is only 46, but I speak as a MA that is 50 lvls higher than you (lvl 150), so I think I know pretty well what I talk about.

I also wrote that I had friends with midlvl Metas (lvl 100+) so please, atleast TRY to read before you post.
    Last edited by Azzazzimon; Nov 29th, 2001 at 14:05:30.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

I dont see anywhere that you fought a meta with your 150 MA.

Just because you have a 150MA does not mean you know what it is like to be a 150 meta!

Ill go read your posts again (third time now) to see if I can see anything different.....

nope, dont see a thing... I have talked with meta's quite a bit at the 100+ levels, and it is not as powerfull there as it is as a newbie when your buffs mean a LOT more than they do later.

Ya, so you have a 150MA .. gratz btw .. hard to do.

dont mean you know about the meta class. I have pvp'd metas around my level, they are tough, even scary, but anyone that does not take out the healing pet is not the brightest, or is inexperienced (unless you do astronomical damage to the meta right away).

so your friends can take out oranges and some reds, so can I, so can a lot of people at 100ish... that does not make them overpowered

i read your post, three times now.. hmm.. what am I missing..

ROFLOL

Originally posted by Nutbar03
    If you kill a meta's heal pet can he summoun up another in the heat of battle?
    Can you debuff a heal pet?
    Yes, they can be summoned again and rather inexpensively (though I think it is a lengthy nano to cast). I don't think they can be debuffed.

But the healing pet has relatively low health. They can be taken out pretty easily both at the beginning of battle and when they resummon.

Scorus

MP's

I thought I was going to write a really smart post.

Then, suddenly, I remembered that I have no exiting experience with this.

Only a lvl 27 Meta Atrox. He rocks.

Well, I'm glad I didn't write any boring b/s, without anything to back it up.

Vilbo

Lvl 44 Doc opifex
    Lvl 27 MP atrox
    And some other REALLY lowbie chars...

Under the current PvP system, you should fear an MP. I had a fight against an MP lvl 107 (green) with a grey healing pet, im lvl 140. I was not able to outdmg the healing pet, and i use the 3rd best nuke for NTs and got 1000 nano init, she debuffed me but in 2 of the fights i was able to debuff her first. First fight i tried to nuke the MP only, without success, pet out healed me, had to run cause i ran out of nano. Second fight i went for the healing pet, killed it and started to nuke MP, but went out of nano before i could kill her, had to run. 3rd fight, i nuked healing pet, didnt care to waste nanopool to root the attack pet. Killed the healing pet and killed the MP with 30 nanopool left. This was an MP 33 lvls below me and a grey healing pet. LOL. Just wait to you get nano shut down, you will totally own me.

What i want is to have all healing halved in PvP, not just your pet, and more important: Halve the cost of nanos.
    NT phone HOME!!

. I have pvp'd metas around my level, they are tough, even scary, but anyone that does not take out the healing pet is not the brightest, or is inexperienced (unless you do astronomical damage to the meta right away).
    I agree. From my enforcer's limited MP experience (3 battles, won 2), I think it's best to take a swipe at the MP and see how things go. If he's not too 'soft and squishy' (btw that's hilarious :-) ), hit the healer 1st. Otherwise, whack at the MP with hammer until dead, and run from attack pet when finished :-).
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19