Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anti Blitsing

Re: Anti Blitsing

Originally posted by Glower
    Greetings,
    *gets ready to dodge all the flame's

But thoes new yalms I hear are just about impossable to equip even after you spend millions, imp to heck, and ect. Only a few classes can rilly get into them, making them useless so people wont bother sinking the credits into them to help fix the economy.

You are wrong there my friend, The Yalmaha Adaga is wearable by all classes, atleast the ql 130 one. need 590-600 Vechicle air i think, then there is the Poniard, Requires even less. The hig QL adaga and the stiletto is the ones that res 900+ Vehicle air. So you might not get that black stiletto, But you can use the Adaga and the Poniard. I know i know, Some classes have dark blue Vehicle skills, and it sucks. every one should have green vehicle skills.
    Alvador Proud member of [url=http://www.nanoclan.com]Storm

Why not make any item up to ql 200 avail from the stores as long as it isn't nodrop? Then those players that blitz for items may want to save the time and spend money for the items.

Anyone can blitz.. just spend some IP in run speed. My ma has 1000 run unbuffed.. no need for buffs to run through any mission.
    If I could buy my high level nanos or armor from shops, I would!! save the wasted time sitting at terminals.

High end yalms are not the answer.. and neither is a tax. I get taxed enough in real life.. If they did tax me.. I better get something out of it.. and a chance to file a tax return at the end of the month/year whatever :P

If you spent as much time blitzing as you spend whining about high prices and/or other people having more money than you...

You'd have the money to buy whatever it was you wanted.

Blitzing is the equalizer in terms of cash generation. For people who don't camp the uniques or can't get the loot rights on them, for people who can't do the high-end bosses, and for people who don't get ridiculously lucky, blitzing is a steady, easy and sure-fire way of making some good cash.

It's also great for people like me, who don't have a lot of time in-game to be selling stuff, or for casual players who don't have a lot of play time period.

Nerfing blitzing wouldn't drop prices on rare items, and it wouldn't take cash out of the economy. In fact, it could easily raise prices on items, because if the price of "normal gear" goes up (since it can't be blitzed for now), then the price of special gear may well go up by about the same amount to reflect its additional value.

No, this would just make it a lot harder for people without money now, to make enough money when they want to buy something that's rare or semi-rare.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

I just want to say... this is a HORRIBLE idea.

First off, ANY class can blitz. It is not only the realm of Fixers. Docs are prolly some of the best blitzers in the game with a run buff. HOTS+all kinds of HP+Max def with nano resist/nano init buffs and of course. Complete heal. You would only drive price's up on alot of things, and everyone would be pissed off looking for the equipment they need.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

People are WILLING to pay? How can you pay, without money? I am lucky to make 200-250K per mission. Sure, I could raise my B&E, lag behind the group and loot everything to make more cash. Sound familuar? How many have grouped with others and seen the one member, looting everything and not fighting a single mob. I hear certain classes say, "I need 25 million for that...I'll just blitz a few misions."

It would take me 50 missions to make that! How is that fair? Seems FC defines an exploit as something used to gain a definate advantage over other players. Having the ability to blitz for cash, places that player at a significant advantage over those who can not blitz.

Like with tokens...you din't get a reward unless you kill close to 100% of the mobs in the mission.

Flame away!

Originally posted by Eye4get
    People are WILLING to pay? How can you pay, without money? I am lucky to make 200-250K per mission. Sure, I could raise my B&E, lag behind the group and loot everything to make more cash. Sound familuar? How many have grouped with others and seen the one member, looting everything and not fighting a single mob. I hear certain classes say, "I need 25 million for that...I'll just blitz a few misions."

It would take me 50 missions to make that! How is that fair? Seems FC defines an exploit as something used to gain a definate advantage over other players. Having the ability to blitz for cash, places that player at a significant advantage over those who can not blitz.

Like with tokens...you din't get a reward unless you kill close to 100% of the mobs in the mission.

Flame away!
    Firstly, a glut of money is already in the economy. Nerfing blitzing won't change that a bit.

None of the items that sell for 20-25 million credits or more are blitzable. Almost nothing blitzable sells to players for more than 1 million credits, at least not to smart players.

By driving prices on those items up by nerfing blitzing you won't make more money. You'll have to pay more money to get your own upgrades.

To make 25 million credits it would take... maybe 10-15 missions blitzing, if you did it right. And... they aren't making that money by selling the items to other players, but to shops.

At lower levels you don't make as much money. Once you hit TL 5, though, you make plenty, even in the TL 4 cap you end up with 1 or 2 mil after a mission if you loot a bit. It sounds to me like you just haven't hit that point yet.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

If you want to blitz all you need really is run speed and a bit of luck. Or some decent calms and again a bit of luck etc etc..

If you're not making enough money either invest in a skill that will allow you to raise some (like nano programming, or the trade skills) or just blitz for the right things. Or start another profession with the sole intention of getting a bit of cash.

Full sets of armour always sell for more than single parts, full sets of NCU are always needs, 6 slot belts, nanos, etc etc etc.

As stated so many times in this thread... the obvious effect of nerfing blitzing would be to increase the value of everything.

How willing will people be to give the odd part of armour away when you may never be able to replace it without spending the amounts lucky players demand.

In terms of money drain, the yalms are okay a little... but the idea about Nano and Health kits up to Ql200 appeals to me far more. Although I do have the opinion that nano rechargers are a little too expensive, especially at lower levels.

So.. what happens when your next nano is as likely a find as say a Soul Fragment?
    Highorbit - Supreme Creator - Atlantean - 205 - Armour
    Andrele - Sorcerer - Atlantean
    Simarion - General - Atlantean - 200
    Zendia - Doctor - Atlantean
    Roanna - Preserver - Atlantean
    Littleorbit - Priest - Atlantean

Shameless Self Advertising: Engineer Guide

I don't think the arguement here is that blitzing for items be taken away. The thread starter wanted to take away the cash mission reward for blitzing the mission.

Bad idea either way you look at it. The mission specifically states.. if you find this person.. if you fix this machine.. if you find this item.. you get XX number of credits. I agree with the above statement. Tokens are for bravery.. credits are for completing the mission. The mission doesn't state that you have to kill x number of people and find the item. just find it/fix it/kill it.

Angry

sorry to say this but its a stupid idea giving the blitzer only 50% of mission reward, and i usually dont answer to threads like this...
    but this is an exceptional.

Nef blitzes? cool nerf AOE nukes too. A NT with a little luck at claw camp or the boss camps can earn hundreds of millions in rare nanos and gear.

Not to mention the cash reward of a mission blitz is not that high..a couple dozen k at most. It's the reward items that make cash (ie selling QL239 anima disks, armor sets, high QL basic implants, etc.)
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

Re: Re: Anti Blitsing

Originally posted by Gene13

1. They're wrong.
    2. This wouldn't stop calmers from making money, would it?
    3. Fixing stuff is what fixers do (well, some of us anyway).

The only professions that I know of that have a hard time blitzing, calming or sneaking self-buffed, if that is what they want to do with their char, are MPs and Engies.

Think again.

/G13
    And ironically, I do pretty well at it... at least I did before the anima-BS nerf. They're already cutting down on the blitzing.
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

exactly

Originally posted by Tangretti
    Why not make any item up to ql 200 avail from the stores as long as it isn't nodrop? Then those players that blitz for items may want to save the time and spend money for the items.
    additionally you have a valid money sink for bored high level chars and their alts.

2 thumbs down for the original idea.

you know what a pain in the ass it is to even BLITZ for anything your character needs?

can you imagine what a huge pain it would be if you had to FIGHT to get it all?

i assure you if ever clicksaver gets broken or your idea went live there would be hell on these forums and in game for funcom to un nerf it.

if they did not un nerf it PRONTO there would be a mass exodus - only the truly new players who can still buy from the shops and the established players who already have anything they ever want for all 8 slots in their account would stay.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Ya lets nerf the speedy profs so all their speed is good for is running away and getting places quicker.

While were at it lets make calms on mobs more than two levels higher than you near impossible. I mean if were aiming at ruining blitzing here wouldn't that make sense?

/sarcasm off

Horrible Idea. Sorry but your idea was not in the slightest thought out thoroughly. Oh and btw, runing blitzing is going to cause the price of items to sky-rocket, Suppy and Demand, limted suppy means higher prices, high supply means lower prices.

If anything blitzing is a corner stone of the economy. How would you like to pay 5m+ for a QL 75 elite set?
    Last edited by Sergyevich; Jan 17th, 2003 at 06:43:51.
    signature ! !

I didn't know that it was possible to blitz for a long time. Back then there was no clicksaver as well.. me and my gang would group up (we were 100+ by then) and read thru mission descriptions till we saw things we needed, and dupe keys and fly out and get stuff. It was great fun, getting a full set of ql 150 ncu was something that took a week or more to do but we had a lot of fun in the process. Back when levels were earned and not handed to you on a silver platter through team missions.. back when we had to walk to our missions 10 miles through the snow, uphill both ways.

I honestly think that blitzing should never have been possible. If you get right down to it its really an exploit.. but I don't think it would be worth it to fix it now, due to the repurcussions.

As for the economy being borked, why is the economy borked? What is wrong with it? How many credits any given object will sell for is always relative to the ease of obtaining the object vs. the ease of obtaining credits. The actual number of credits is really irrelevant. Like someone said blitzing is the great equalizer.

Really, the game has progressed untill its nothing more than a competition of who can repeat the same mindless activities the longest. The most zombified players earn the right to the highest lvls and best gear.
    Isisnorfret RK1 - Main

Re: Anti Blitsing

Originally posted by Glower
    *gets ready to dodge all the flame's

[...]

*Runs like the wind!!
    Excellent foresight
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

Hey! What a great idea!!!!

Left nerf blitzing, lets make it so that you have to complete 50% of the missions to get the reward, lets make the reward 50% less in sale value!

Now concider this: GA4 is goning to cost me 5-600million.

That, in the present equates to "967" - Yes amlost "One Thousand" blitz missions for the funds, blitzing ql239 Anemias.

So where the hell am I supposed to get the funds if I have to blitz 50% more missions, and because I have to complete 50% of the mission, the missions takes, oh wait..... I cant solo ql220++ mobs, so forget the equations, its outright impossible. :/

Neft this and = No GA for me or anyone else trying to earn a living.

Do you honestly think I pay my subscription to sit at the mission termainal to get 3 missions to go blitz in a mindless repetitive cycle?

Do you honestly know how damm boring it is to do this?

Have you any idea how badly this would effect the people who chose to not actively play the game, but waste endless hours blitzing for the funds to buy overpriced items?

I say nerf you << because you have no idea as to what you refrer.

Did you by any chance have a labotomy recently?

I agree with Tangretti

The only way to be fair about fixing things money wise is to make the shops sell items people want to buy. How many lvl 150+ use metaplast? Or regular plasteel? Or any armor type sellable in a shop? Even if we assumed the shops went up to QL 200, the armor types themselves are for the most part worthless. The reason there are so many credits arround is that nobody is using them in shops! What armor is worth buying in the shop that you can't blitz for? What guns can you get in missions that aren't in shops? For a while the BBI Faithful series of guns were in the trader shops, this was a good type of credit sink...the guns were useful and only in the shop. Now you have to mission for them, and with the mission not only do you get the nice item, but you also get the money..where as if they were shop buyable you'd lose the money but get the item.

If you want to take money from peoples pockets you need to give them semething that is worthwhile to purchase and right now shop gear is not worth the credits. Its worthless even to first time noobie players after about lvl 30. The only exceptions are nanos, NCU/belts, clusters and kits. With the exception of clusters all of those things top out at QL 125..so if you need higher then that you have to mission. Ammo is always useful but its so cheap its not a viable money sink (this is as it should be, ammo should be cheap).

The best way to "fix the economy" (which in my mind means "take credits from the players so that they can no longer afford things like 500+mill for GA4 and bring prices back down to earth so the non-super rich can have a shot at things) you need to make shop items worth buying. For the most part I think that those who have lots of money have gotten it the old fashioned way and worked for it. Even if it only takes 5 minuts to blitz a 180 mission and get several hundred thousand you have to consider how much work went into being able to even do a 180, IE time spent leveling, so the rewards for that lvl of mission should stay higher.

So I say decrease the number of "mission reward only" type items, put them in shops of up to QL 200 (they don't have to be cheap). Keep boss drop stuff the way it is now, and leave mission blitzing alone.

Originally posted by Kasimir
    Nef blitzes? cool nerf AOE nukes too. A NT with a little luck at claw camp or the boss camps can earn hundreds of millions in rare nanos and gear.

Not to mention the cash reward of a mission blitz is not that high..a couple dozen k at most. It's the reward items that make cash (ie selling QL239 anima disks, armor sets, high QL basic implants, etc.)
    *blinks* uh... thats sarcasm right?

Originally posted by Jaesic

*blinks* uh... thats sarcasm right?
    Well, I'm pretty sure my Sarcasm-O-Meter just went off
    Rebekah Poachie Vein - Lvl 200 Omni-Tek Bureaucrat - Equipment
    April Poachinator Joor - Lvl 150 Omni-Tek Enforcer - Equipment

Originally posted by Eye4get

Flame away!

EVERY CLASS CAN BLITZ!!!! THERE IS NO UNFAIR ADVANTAGE
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast