Thread: Making LOTS of money as a new player

It worked for me!

A very kind person on the Vault boards linked me to this thread...lots of good information! After reading the first couple of pages, I went home and logged in my lowbie enforcer (I logged out in the subway during my last play session). 3rd or 4th kill I made dropped Morphing Memory, which I promptly sold for 50k.

Thanks for all the good advice from everyone. I am an AO n00b, but a MMOG vet (UO, EQ, DAOC, WWIIOL, SWG beta, etc).

From my own experiences, I have found that weapons like Div9s and Maussers sell pretty well to other players too. You can't really get rich selling them, but players pay a lot more than terminals. Plus, you get to meet new people!
    Arioth- OT Fixer (Rimor)
    Khristak- OT Enforcer (Rimor)
    Avii- OT NanoTechnician (Rimor)
    More alts to come =)

You can still sell those for that much these days that easily?

/imedialtely gets on his lvl 2 alt and starts lvling pronto

Rip Hammer
    I am new to this game and...man!! I cant wait to try this! I did download Clicksaver but...It will not download the database....anyone know what need to happen in order for it to download it? Do I need to be ingame the first time I use it? Offline? different world? I am on Rimor( I think that is the name).

As I said...I am truly a newbie

:zap:

Originally posted by Rip Hammer
    I did download Clicksaver but...It will not download the database....anyone know what need to happen in order for it to download it? Do I need to be ingame the first time I use it?
    Keep trying.. osmetimes you have to download it two or three times before it accepts it. Just keep opening and closing it till it stops bothering you.
    The only thing worse than the whiners, are the whiners who whine about the whiners. And then there's the whiners who whine about how the whiners whines managed to get something changed, but now the whiners don't like that the other whiners were able to have something changed. And so the whiners whine about the whiners whining and get the change un-done, which causes the whiners to whine even more about how the whiners whines about the whiners whines ruined an otherwise good thing. So now you have whiners whining about whiners, whining about the whiners who are whining, and general whiners who whine about whines in general. And this doesn't even take into account the whiners, or the whiners-about-whiners, or the whiners with whiners-about-whiners in their mouth, and when they whine, they shoot whiners.

"It's difficult to imagine a world in which people voluntarily choose to listen to liberals. There is no evidence that it has ever happened. " - Ann Coulter

Originally posted by Rip Hammer
    I am new to this game and...man!! I cant wait to try this! I did download Clicksaver but...It will not download the database....anyone know what need to happen in order for it to download it? Do I need to be ingame the first time I use it? Offline? different world? I am on Rimor( I think that is the name).
    You can't have the game running when starting Clicksaver for the first time. And it doesn't download the DB, it creates a copy that CS can use from your local AO DB.

Originally posted by Mharc

You can't have the game running when starting Clicksaver for the first time. And it doesn't download the DB, it creates a copy that CS can use from your local AO DB.
    BTW there is a new version available - 2.2.6
    Hypocrit
    "That we occasionally violate our own stated moral code does not imply that we are insincere in espousing that code"

Finkle -McGraw on Hypocrisy

Why isnt this a sticky yet

CZ... stick this pls

It isn't ever going to be sticky, as previously explained why.
    Bima, Golly, Whatsamatta, Laslingis and an army of sub-100 alts

Earlier in this thread someone mentioned how as a real newbie, missions were always too far away or dangerous to get to without a yalm. Well I had the same problem, but here;s the tip I got:

If you want to get a mission for a lot of money and in a nice safe location, the trick is to roll it at a mission terminal a long way away. Take the Whompa to the furthest place you can go - the remotest outpost and roll your mission - you will be very pleased at some of the locations you get.

Another post mentioned passing down gift packs of old equipment - well you can also make these up to sell to twinks who want to save time - make a pack with matched set of armor, wpn, belt, ncu, implants etc, and you will save someone else a lot of time - and they will pay for that saved time.

If you re a fixer the best way to make money is still blitzing an item for someone. When i was lvl 30 an adventurer gave me 500k to blitz him a ql 50 gun and it took me 5 mins with clicksaver so just post fixer blitzing items on the trade channels and you ll make a lot of money

Why work for your cash when you can get it free from me?

Not so much but a small donation to get you started..

Daluz Banking Service (DBS)
    *DAOC*
    Kansai L50 RM, Shiav L50 SB <Retired>
    *EQ2*
    Dalcar L32 Guardian -- Kansai L24 Swashbuckler
    *AO*
    Daluz L169 NT RK1 Omni
    Daluc L111 Bureaucrat RK1 Omni
    Kansai L134 Shade RK1 Omni
    Daluz Banking Service DBS *OPEN*

bump for a new guy looking for this great post.

I agree with Deacon, beggers suck. If a player comes up and asks for help with info or something specific, I'll go out of my way to help them, but if they are just asking for free credz i just tell them no. Then you're reduced to a piggybank as Deacon said.

You also have to consider what kind of person walks up to total strangers and asks for money. Not newbies I can tell you that. More like BEGGERS. These people stand in crowded spots and just work the crowds, don't think that your donation is going to help them buy whatever, its more like this is how they 'make a living' in the game, and do you really want to support that?

I agree dont like beggers myself to but I dont give out money to people that ask/begg for it I only give it out when I feel doing it and the Bank is open. I dont se anything wrong in giving out cash and helping new players period.. But I can understand that some people wanna go the hard way and "Make" it their selfs.

I know that money helps alot at low levels I mean a donation 30k-100k isent much but it helps you get some nanos and maybe some Imps.

If i wanna suport how they make a living, of begging? It's not the same if someone wanna give out money and someone ask if they cant get some. Does it make the person a "Beggar" if he recived it? if they havent asked for it? well no..

I know when I got some cash from a friendly peep when I started out my first char I was sooo Happy that I could go and buy some imps/nanos , should i feel bad about myself becouse i took it? hell no! I always help out new players in all online games I play and will continue doing it...

over and out....
    Last edited by Dalus_Carosu; Feb 28th, 2003 at 15:19:00.
    *DAOC*
    Kansai L50 RM, Shiav L50 SB <Retired>
    *EQ2*
    Dalcar L32 Guardian -- Kansai L24 Swashbuckler
    *AO*
    Daluz L169 NT RK1 Omni
    Daluc L111 Bureaucrat RK1 Omni
    Kansai L134 Shade RK1 Omni
    Daluz Banking Service DBS *OPEN*

wow! this is really great feedback!

for another suggestion I'd like to make:

When you've outlevelled the rifles and the cushions,

http://aomainframe.info/showitem.asp?AOID=123950 ql44 adds computer literacy and can be easily duel wielded for a total of +40 to comp lit. Now why is that important for a level 200 person? TOWERS. Let me give you an example. To place a ql246 tower on a land control area you need something like 1200+ comp lit. Folks want the HIGHEST ql tower they can possibly place, so another +40 is an incredible amount.

It's best to get them at the lowest possible ql, as they are much easier to equip without spending much (or any) IP. The QL44 Galahad Inc. T70 Beyer should be sold for 1-2 million per pair, considering how useful they are.

To find out what QL missions you are able to pull, type /tell helpbot level (and then insert your level).

http://aomainframe.info/showitem.asp?AOID=124156 ql38

Adds psychology. Psychology is use for building certain jobeclusters such as defensive mastery (most of the time the req are so high that a crat or enforcer is better off building them), but is also used for placing towers. 500k-1 mil each.

hope that helps!
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Also, when you are doing team missions as a young player, you can find Nova Dillon armor on bosses. Then you can sell QL 35 Nova Dillon Armor to me for about 800k per piece =).

Yes, that's right, I want to buy two or three sets of this armor that adds 2 points to Agility and Stamina per part. Very nice for ppl who make low lvl twinked alts, imo. I am not interested in any other QL than 35.

Send me a /tell if you have some ql 35 Nova Dillon you want to sell, and make us both happy
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

I remember back in the olden days when the only thing people wanted were wrangles and no one cared about pillows or +2 bonuses. Not only that but we had to WALK to our missions. In the middle of PVP areas with no one around but omni's and radiation pools for company! You young whipper snappers have it made, all instant tv dinners and disposable diapers, what you all need is a bit of time without IP realocation and 642 points in climbing, no decent armor or weapon, and 23 credits to your name. Teach you kids a bit about respect and why its rude to beg.

(good post, i've been up almost 24 hours without sleep, ignore me)
    Jason X is your god and we are all noobs

"Pride is the devils' whore."

Don't worry Ess, yours is the best post I've read all day.

I started an Adventurer recently, and took the opportunity to mission for a few Quartz rifles. I've sold three so far (I'm not saving for anything) and made 1.22 mil from the transactions. I still have eight rifles in the bank, plus two more put aside for personal use. I figure I have a "retirement fund", to use when I need new implants or whatever.

I've seen people advertising examples from the rest of the M06 range as well, for slightly lower prices. In particular, the model which immediately follows the Quartz adds to Comp Lit and seemed to be selling for the person in question.

Cheers,

~R~

Thumbs up

Real good thread!

Make it sticky!
    Doomforger NT (Rimor)
    Doomspeed Fixer (Rimor)

It's obvious that if FC was going to sticky this thread, they would have done it already. It makes no sense though because clicksaver is mentioned in game through the helpbot.

Anyways, great work Deacs! I made my first 225000k today, not quite a mil but definately a step closer.

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast