Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Making LOTS of money as a new player

hrmm

why isn't this sticky yet??!!

It involves clicksaver.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

And not only that, I don't think Funcom is terribly interested in having it broadly well-known how lower level characters can make vast sums of money, even if ClickSaver were not involved. If I were them, I wouldn't want it.

(But, of course, as a player, I have done it.)
    Bima, Golly, Whatsamatta, Laslingis and an army of sub-100 alts

... in fact, one of the things I have to give them some credit for (no pun intended) is not deleting this thread.

Bah, FC is still a bunch of crybabies. And slow creators. They need to improve the weaponry choice for us Fixers!!
    Support the Social Aspects!!

I'm not a b!tch, I just don't like your opinion.

Red face

"Every level 200 person you see with uber armor and a godly weapon started out in a backyard with nothing but a bat, a solar pistol/rifle/shotgun…..or their bare hands. No armor, no money, no nothing"

actually not true. many people start out on ebay. not just a few either, but _MANY_
    Fuhh - 202 keeper - main
    Cuhh - 217 soldier - on hold
    Agwe - 211 crat - pocket xp
    Kneeclapper - 213 shade - on hold

Mixed Martial Arts

[Tykkimies]: lets see how much u solo selfbuffed ****ER

Thumbs up

THEDEACON!, you made one of the 2 best ever helpful posts ever!
    I haven't tried your ideas yet but plan to

Another way I make money is politely tag along after much higher lvl players when they go wiping out camps of much higher lvl monsters. They don't care about the loot.
    "If there's any loot you don't want or need feel free to give it to me if its ok with you".
    Most of the time they let me have the loot when they see I have good manners. One time I was lvl 24 and tagged along behind a group with players lvl 173 - 197

I filled 6 backpacks plus my inventory, with loot useless to them, and made 250,000 credits in 1 hour at level 24!

Just gotta be careful don't get in their way or the way of the MOBs they drop in 2-5 hits.
    Evil is Good.
    Good is Evil
    Everything is Evil

D A R K S A B E R S
    http://www.geocities.com/newsithorder/NSO/NSO.html

Pure luck

I'm a newbie (playing for two weeks) and still learnig all secrets of the game. And, yes, I'm always broke. Couple of days ago, on a team mission QL55 I opened the chest and found http://www.aodb.info/showitem.asp?AOID=128345 inside. Altough, graft I found was QL55.
    I didn't know what it was so I was thinking to left it in the chest but finally I picked it up. Luckily in our group was vet player with his alt and when he saw what I picked up he told me: You know you can sell that graft for 5 mill creds. I didn't beleived him. Come on, 5 mill.
    Well, he was right Back in Tir I sold graft in 15 minutes for 5 mill.
    If you ever see this graft, for God's sake, pick it up.

bump

{Moderator: Stop that.}
    Last edited by Cz; Mar 10th, 2003 at 15:25:25.

Thank you

It's great having oldies posting helpful info like this one. I have to disagree on a cpl of things tho...
    It's correct that in the early days we all had to fight for our stuff, being cash and items. I was part of the beta testing, and thus one of the early players. The thing is: I quit AO over a year ago, deleting all my characters and gave all my cash and equipment to my guild.
    3 weeks ago I started over. And man, times HAS changed. Everything is about cash now. Everything is WAY more expensive than before, and it surely IS a heck of lot more difficult for a newbie to start from scratch nowadays.
    I'm now lvl 65 with my main, and I haven't got two mills yet. Even tho I missioned for cushions and sold them for 500k a pair. The cash rolled away again in implants, weapons and stuff from fellow players, and at least for the last group, for an overprice.
    But, having over one mill creds, I do, unlike you, help out lvl 2--3 newbies out by giving them 10k jif they ask. I even give them my old equipment for free, and so on. 10k isn't that important to me, but for a newbie it sure as hell helps out alot. So if you don't mind me saying, I DO think you're greedy, and a bit selfish too, for not helping out your fellow players. It is, as mentioned earlier, slot harder to start playing AO now than it was before.

Enforazor, lvl 65 Enforcer.

"I disagree of what you are saying, but will, 'till my death, defend your right to say it!"
    Voltaire

Not all newbies beg for money and really appreciate the advice and resources you have taken the time to provide!! It is very very thoughtful... NOT TO MENTIONE EXTREMLEY USEFUL!!!

Thanks!

This was a very helpful post. I have restarted after six months away and this post really has helped. Thanks for pouring so much of your time into it. I think it has been out long enough that the market for some of these things seems pretty depressed, but I still have managed to scrape together a little money.

I have one serious question that I would love feedback on. I have no idea what to ask for in price when I post things in the shopping channel. Is there some guide to figuring out an asking price?

There is not really a set price on these items per say, but rather a going rate... you could ask some one to make an offer on the item and well that might get you an average price estimate, or they could low ball ya to hell...

I would say that most of the items in Decon's post are in the 200~300k range per item ( concrete cushions as a pair of course )...

If you find a low lQL pair of these:
    http://64.106.154.149/showitem.asp?AOID=123863

I will gladly pay 300k for them.
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

Talking Go Deac! Its your Birthday! Time to Party!

Go Deac, Its your birthday, time to party

oh yea

BUMP

HEHE

Foz

Grrrr I Hate Corn!!!!

bump...I....bump....hate.....bump....corn!
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
    FFS FFS FFS FFS FFS FFS FFS
    WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF

Pete "Fozzysan" Sandine
    Guru
    Squad Comander of Lost Chapter
    Alumni of The Red Tigers
    Deffence Masta
    OMG I went back to fists!

Re: Thank you

Originally posted by TradeRacer
    3 weeks ago I started over. And man, times HAS changed. Everything is about cash now. Everything is WAY more expensive than before, and it surely IS a heck of lot more difficult for a newbie to start from scratch nowadays.
    I don't think this is quite true. The things a newbie needs are the very same things a newbie needed in the early days of the game, and the same methods of aquiring them are still around.

As for "everything is about cash now", I think that really only applies to people who are either not willing to work directly for the things that they want, or who pine over the uberest of items that drop from totally camped mobs. You can still be a very well equipped, highly functioning player without giving into the silly market that the l33t p0w3r g4m3rz dominate.

I still think this should be sticky

Thank you for not posting another couple of hundred lines of junk to say so.

Now how about going back and trimming down that other absurd message?

Thanks for the info! I'm off to make my millions!

Re: Thank you

Originally posted by TradeRacer
    and it surely IS a heck of lot more difficult for a newbie to start from scratch nowadays.
    No it isn't. If anything, it's easier.

The only newbies who'll have a harder time now than in the days of old are the newbies who run around asking for handouts and refuse to actually earn anything on thier own.

You don't NEED to be an uber newbie. But most newbies now exect uberness and think it's a required part of the game. That's a problem with YOUR mentality, not a game problem.

With the subway and all the other various enhancements, it's never been easier to be a newbie in this game. Only those who expect to be as uber as a twinked alt will find it "harder."

People who don't play the game to have fun will not have fun. Welcome to reality.
    The only thing worse than the whiners, are the whiners who whine about the whiners. And then there's the whiners who whine about how the whiners whines managed to get something changed, but now the whiners don't like that the other whiners were able to have something changed. And so the whiners whine about the whiners whining and get the change un-done, which causes the whiners to whine even more about how the whiners whines about the whiners whines ruined an otherwise good thing. So now you have whiners whining about whiners, whining about the whiners who are whining, and general whiners who whine about whines in general. And this doesn't even take into account the whiners, or the whiners-about-whiners, or the whiners with whiners-about-whiners in their mouth, and when they whine, they shoot whiners.

"It's difficult to imagine a world in which people voluntarily choose to listen to liberals. There is no evidence that it has ever happened. " - Ann Coulter

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast